T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Dye Sublimation

Dye Sublimation Category Sponsor

Discuss the various aspects of dye sublimation printing: printer selection, press time, durability, new technologies, etc.

Epson T1100 - Please help

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old May 21st, 2012 May 21, 2012 5:54:53 AM -   #16 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Epson T1100 - Please help

You are better off just using plain household ammonia. If you don't know exactly what's in Windolene, it could damage your printer. Here, the only thing that works is original blue Windex. Any of the other versions with "fancy scents" or "extra cleaning power" are unsafe to use in the printer. It may be ammonia-based, but have other chemicals than regular Windex in it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 21st, 2012 May 21, 2012 10:49:14 PM -   #17 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

gemais, yes, it is a common window cleaner in Australia. I believe it is a mix of alcohol and ammonia.

It also works for me on my dye sub inks, to get them off of the heat press rubber and teflon sheets.
rogerbsstt

Old June 20th, 2012 Jun 20, 2012 7:05:04 PM -   #18 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Ive posted this else where on the forum boards but this thread seems more current so Im posting here as well.

I am having a little problem with my T1100.

Printing sublimation inks onto sub paper and Im getting white dots through the printed area. as well as ink appearing after the print area in the same dotted pattern

Checked the print area whilst it was printing and its fine.

Its only when the paper goes through the front platen with the "spike" rollers that the problem appears.

Any idea how to fix?

Old June 24th, 2012 Jun 24, 2012 3:00:22 PM -   #19 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Never heard of that before. The Epson Printers seem to throw up all sorts of little glitches. I still have to get around to trying to clean mine of blockages. Bought all the necessary items. The black is fine and I use this one just to print invoices etc. My older one is still working fine. If I do come across some info on this problem I will let you know.

Old June 24th, 2012 Jun 24, 2012 4:01:37 PM -   #20 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Mike
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Thanked 1,145 Times in 976 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicMan59
Ive posted this else where on the forum boards but this thread seems more current so Im posting here as well.

I am having a little problem with my T1100.

Printing sublimation inks onto sub paper and Im getting white dots through the printed area. as well as ink appearing after the print area in the same dotted pattern

Checked the print area whilst it was printing and its fine.

Its only when the paper goes through the front platen with the "spike" rollers that the problem appears.

Any idea how to fix?
Check your paper type (matte glossy etc) settings, sounds like the rollers are riding in ink that is not soaked into the paper sufficiently and pick off the ink giving you those white dot areas. I use matte settings for sublimation.

Paper type settings effect how much ink lays down on the paper due to different paper absorbtions.

Also, if you can't fix with paper settings try a higher DPI as that slows down the printer head travel speed, that might give the ink more time to soak in the paper before it reaches the roller with the nimples.

Old June 24th, 2012 Jun 24, 2012 5:29:25 PM -   #21 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Talking Re: Epson T1100 - Please help

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgparrish
Check your paper type (matte glossy etc) settings, sounds like the rollers are riding in ink that is not soaked into the paper sufficiently and pick off the ink giving you those white dot areas. I use matte settings for sublimation.

Paper type settings effect how much ink lays down on the paper due to different paper absorbtions.

Also, if you can't fix with paper settings try a higher DPI as that slows down the printer head travel speed, that might give the ink more time to soak in the paper before it reaches the roller with the nimples.
Thanks for the responses.
I found out it was a combination of factors.
I am trying out new sub paper and my ink settings that were fine for my old paper was too much for this new paper.
Cut back on the ink and all if fine.. Thanks

This is a discussion about Epson T1100 - Please help that was posted in the Dye Sublimation section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in