T-Shirt Forums banner

F2000 Coozie Pre-Treating With 8-up Tucloc

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  FJG 
#1 ·
Hello printers, I've been dabbling in DTG for close to 6 month now, and feel fairly confident in my pretreat/print process for regular shirts and other garments.

I recently purchased the Livingston Tucloc 8-UP Platen to offer full color coozies to my customers. (side note: none of my screenprinting is done in house currently). I am going to be runnning my own experiments, but was wondering if anyone could save me some heartache (YouTube has a surprisingly scarce amount of information on this platen and on going the DTG route on coozies).

1. Do I need to purchase a specific coozie to get the best results?

2. Is pretreating a coozie a far different process than pretreating shirts? (i.e do I still pretreat, do a hover, do a press on medium pressure prior to printing?)

3. Is the curing process similar? I'm thinking a hover cure and a short light press would be the best route. I don't want to smash the coozies.

4. Lastly, does anyone know of a method to quickly arrange an eight coozie image print setup, or is that going to be a tedious and arduous process each time?

Any help will be much appreciated. Thank you!
Feel free to email me at spookybearshirtshack@gmail.com if you have some information that is too good for me to not see for awhile.

See less See more
#2 ·

1. Do I need to purchase a specific coozie to get the best results?
Get the real neoprene ones.

2. Is pretreating a coozie a far different process than pretreating shirts?
It is like 100% polyester shirts... so look for info on that. You basically need the special pretreat and you just hover. You don't press it.

3. Is the curing process similar? I'm thinking a hover cure and a short light press would be the best route. I don't want to smash the coozies.
The neoprene koozies can tolerate the heat and pressure.

4. Lastly, does anyone know of a method to quickly arrange an eight coozie image print setup?
I have a similar platen for printing shirt sleeves. Different printer and software, but the method actually the same.
Create a template with the 8 placements and fill it with the images you want to print before passing it to the garment creator. Then within the garment creator click "fit to platen".

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.