Mixing Firebird with Dupont - Page 2 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > DTG Inks
Discuss the various inks available for direct to garment printers. Wash tests, pictures and comparisons are all welcome.

Mixing Firebird with Dupont

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old December 9th, 2014 Dec 9, 2014 7:37:05 PM -   #16 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Mixing Firebird with Dupont

Quote:
Originally Posted by estrada
I installed firebird ink in my epson r1800 based printer (same DX5 head) over 8 months ago. So far no problems. The white ink is a lot more fluid than dupont. That means you can leave the printer without use for several days without a problem. However this is not something that I would recomend doing.

When a printhead overheats, you would see the printer start printing very slowly. It would make a pass and wait a few seconds, then make the next pass and so on. In my experience an over heated print head will not cause a mother bord fuse to blow up. The only time I've seen mother board fuse blown is when liquid or ink comes into contact with the cable conectors where the print head plugs. The short would leave a burnt mark on either the cable terminals, the printhead connectors, or both.

I already made a post about it but yes My print head overheated.
Started moving very slow !!

I was printing a picture onto the shirt. It finished printing I tryed to let it cool down and turned it off and back on and it would not get out of error service recount.

After that I ended up getting 8 flashing lights and stuck in auto maintenance.

I connected a old print head that came with the printer that was clogged and it went to only 4 flash lights but still in auto maintenance.

I double checked by hooking back up the other print head. Again 8 lights.

I tested the fuse for continuity. There was none. I installed a new fuse and installed the old printhead that came with the printer to check again before purchasing a printhead. Everything started up correctly.

Ordered new printhead and switched back to dupont. No problems since. Anajet wanted me to send it in. It would have been over $2500+ Firebird ink would have cost me.

Some of you get free stuff to come on forums for firebird but the truth is I hope I can save someone else from the costly mistake. It really set me back.

After I called them about it they never called back. I seen random post of people saying it will damage your print head but I thought it was just competitors etc. It ended up biting me in the butt not taking heed.

Also about the white I printed with the white about a month with no problems. I then fully switched adding cmyk and less than 10 prints all of this happened.

This is just my true experience with this ink. Not here to debate just let others that have anajet sprint know what happened to me.

Also no I did not have any ink or corrosion on my print head cables. Everything looked new.

The Following User Says Thank You to tchandler52 For This Useful Post:
estrada (December 10th, 2014)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 10th, 2014 Dec 10, 2014 3:54:47 PM -   #17 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Thanks for sharing your experience. Sorry that you went to so much trouble with your printer. Everyones experiences are different. If this becomes an issue for me, I'll make sure to share it here in the forums.

Old February 13th, 2015 Feb 13, 2015 2:40:07 AM -   #18 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

I mix my ink always no issues what so ever, We've mixed DTG with Resolute and Dupont all seems fine, although the ink needs to be new, don't use ink older than 1 year otherwise you get head issues, we once did that and had to get it all out clean the pipes

Old April 3rd, 2016 Apr 3, 2016 12:39:04 PM -   #19 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: D

Hi all.

About mixing brands of ink.... Has anyone tried using DuPont white and image armor cmyk and had any good results?

D

Old August 31st, 2016 Aug 31, 2016 2:23:21 PM -   #20 (permalink)
Forum Member
Be nice, this is my first post :)

You can call me: Ian

I would suggest against it; its much better to use all one ink [I only use DuPont myself] not only because of certain issues that can occur, but most importantly if anything comes up [even if unrelated to mixing ink] neither company will be quick to help resolve that situation and will attribute it to the fact that your not using their whole ink line..

It works for some, but in my personal opinion I would only use DuPont. Look around for a good priced supplier, and the cost difference should be worth it.

This is a discussion about Mixing Firebird with Dupont that was posted in the DTG Inks section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in