[DTG Brand] KCMY Cartridge - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > DTG Brand
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future DTG Brand garment printer owners.

[DTG Brand] KCMY Cartridge

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old 2 Weeks Ago Jul 1, 2019 7:34:01 AM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default KCMY Cartridge

Hi All,

I am using M2 printer from few years. Everything was fine, until the "KCMY Cartridge" displays today after I switch the printer on. No "ready to plot" information. Moreover, printer does not preparing printing head to start, even is not sliding the printing head back to the Docking Station (if I slide it to the center), also does not react on BED (LOAD and EJECT) buttons. Printer also hangs on in each function in the service mode.

What these symptoms should tell me? Is that the end of the printing head?

Regards

Last edited by Thorn3w; 2 Weeks Ago at 10:23 PM..

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2 Weeks Ago Jul 2, 2019 4:23:27 AM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Aleksei

Default Re: KCMY Cartridge

Thorn3w,

First time I hear such symptoms.I don't think it is a printhead problem. I can be wrong, but I think it is problem with firmware. M-series machines have special firmware. Maybe somehow firmware has flew off...

Try to contact your local supplier and ask him to update the firmware of your machine.

Old 2 Weeks Ago Jul 2, 2019 9:55:55 AM -   #3 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

One day further...
We have checked and noticed several new things:
  • in service mode we can operate across "test" and "parameters" submenu; when we try to enter any of the rest submenus - printer hangs up and need to be restarted,
  • in service mode "Head ID" was set to default value - we have updated it to the one corresponding with our head,
  • we have tested all electrical connections - everything looks fine, also sensors seem to work properly
  • we have reset all counters (by printer LCD panel),
  • in service mode sensor Ink displays "Ink NOT BCMY"
  • printer normally works as network printer - we have try to connect it by USB cable and use Epson Utility Programm to test and set printer params... Epson driver shows correct connection, but we could not push any of settings to printer.
Do you have any list of default params of M2 printer to set them up in service mode (default params for user mode are available in printer manual)?

I am wondering if my printer does not "think" that it is normal civil Epson 4880 printer, and waits for typical cartridges with ink... Is there any way to inform printer, that it has external ink bottles?

Is there any advanced service mode in M2 printer?

My local supplier has a holiday period and for next 2 weeks I am alone with my problem

Last edited by Thorn3w; 2 Weeks Ago at 12:30 AM..

Old 1 Week Ago Jul 8, 2019 11:18:39 PM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Aleksei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn3w
One day further...

I am wondering if my printer does not "think" that it is normal civil Epson 4880 printer, and waits for typical cartridges with ink... Is there any way to inform printer, that it has external ink bottles?

Is there any advanced service mode in M2 printer?
M2 is not a Epson 4880 printer. It has special firmware, that makes him to think he is not printing from cartridges.

What is your M2 year of production? And how are you entering the service mode?

Old 1 Week Ago Jul 9, 2019 12:05:54 AM -   #5 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Lesch,

My printer was made in 2013.
I entered service mode by pressing Reverse, Next and Forward buttons on printer panel. This service mode is described in printer manual - it is nothing really secret.

I have found already that our printer is made using Mutoh 901c ploter as a base. All symptoms of the printer behaviour look like its firmware is restarted to original Mutoh 901c firmware.

Any ideas how to solve the problem?

This is a discussion about KCMY Cartridge that was posted in the DTG Brand section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in