[DTG HM1] Maintenance Program - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > DTG Brand
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future DTG Brand garment printer owners.

[DTG HM1] Maintenance Program

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old May 4th, 2009 May 4, 2009 5:04:52 PM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Apprentice

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Maintenance Program

We just got our HM1 from a reseller. It didn't come with any cd's and after doing some research, I need the maintenance program just to do an ink charge.

Is there anywhere to download this? I have a feeling that we wont get it from the reseller so I was wondering about any alternatives or ways around it.

I was thinking about calling SWF East and see if we could get it from them. Maybe buy it?

Help?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 9th, 2009 May 9, 2009 10:07:42 PM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Brian

Default Re: Maintenance Program

I don't know if you can buy it but I doubt if you will be able to just download it as it requires a dongle to run. I also doubt if it will be cheap.

You can pull the ink through with a syringe to charge the lines and head but you are going to need the maintenance program sooner or later.

Brian

Old May 11th, 2009 May 11, 2009 4:24:24 AM -   #3 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

is a forum sponsor who has contributed over 1000 helpful posts in the forums!

You can call me: Don
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Amy,

The HM-1 C comes with the program you mention, if it was not in the box with the printer, then you need to contact your distributor to get it. If it was us, please PM me and I will try to get to the bottom of it for you.

Hope this helps!

Old May 13th, 2009 May 13, 2009 2:11:15 PM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Apprentice

Thanks for the help. I wound up using the syringe before anybody answered.

We wound up having to pay $400 for a support package from SWF. They emailed the program and manuals to us. Luckily the rip program was in one of the leases so they had to send it to us for free.

I think it didn't come with the programs because we are buying it used. It was repoed and we got an awesome deal on it. Buying it through the bank and not directly from SWF.

Old May 14th, 2009 May 14, 2009 7:25:33 AM -   #5 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Jerid
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Thanked 1,122 Times in 788 Posts

Not trying to let the cat out of the bag, but if the HM1 is based on an Epson 2400, then you don't need a RIP, dongle or anything else, just the Printer Adjustment Program you can find on the internet. I understand you have this now, but for others who may want it:

http://screenerschoice.com/utilities...adjustment.exe

You just need to be careful and not mess with anything other than ink charge. All you have to do is choose particular adjustment program and then maintenance and ink charge.

Old May 14th, 2009 May 14, 2009 8:56:35 AM -   #6 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

is a forum sponsor who has contributed over 1000 helpful posts in the forums!

You can call me: Don
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Jerid,
You're not letting any cat out of the bag. The Adjustment Program that comes with the HM-1 is different than the one you are describing. It is a licensed product to us from Epson and is dongle protected.

Old May 14th, 2009 May 14, 2009 8:59:00 AM -   #7 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

I guess the point was, no dongle needed and if someone needed it, they could get it immediately.

Old May 14th, 2009 May 14, 2009 9:55:55 AM -   #8 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Brian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeridHill
You just need to be careful and not mess with anything other than ink charge.
If ink charges is all it does then you are still going to need the Maintenance Program that comes with the printer. What about resetting ink chip counters among others?

Brian

Old May 14th, 2009 May 14, 2009 10:29:55 AM -   #9 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

No it does a lot more than ink charges, I was just letting people know, it's best not to mess with all the extras unless you know what you're doing. I don't know the HM1, that's for Don to answer, but I would assume the cartridges would have auto-reset chips and wouldn't need reset, but that's just a guess.

Old May 14th, 2009 May 14, 2009 4:39:06 PM -   #10 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

sunnydayz's Avatar  - this member was voted Most Helpful Member during our Annual August Member Appreciation Month

You can call me: BobbieLee
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Thanked 1,638 Times in 1,068 Posts

On the HM1, you do need the program to reset the waste ink counter and initialize it. The ink chips go into little slots. They are not on cartridges like most other systems, but in slots on the machine. You cannot reset them without the software. Also after a certain amount, the ink chips run out and have to be replaced. This is my one pet peeve with my machine That I have to replace my ink chips, where as most other machines have resettable chips that do not run out, once they have counted to a certain point. I think I am able to reset them about 4 times, and then they have to be replaced. It sucks because each chip cost is about $7 a piece. It takes 4 chips for the CMYK and then 1 chip that runs all white channels together. Hope this helps explain how they work on the HM1

The Following User Says Thank You to sunnydayz For This Useful Post:
JeridHill (May 14th, 2009)
Old May 14th, 2009 May 14, 2009 4:56:40 PM -   #11 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

See now I learned something.

Old May 17th, 2009 May 17, 2009 12:15:39 PM -   #12 (permalink)
T-Shirt Apprentice

Thanks for the replies.

Yeah, I had the driver for the printer so I could do head cleanings. Just couldn't do the ink charge. It's a pain in the butt to pull the ink through with the syringe. Don't want to keep doing that when I have to clean it and/or do maintenance. Less chance of me messing something up.

Besides.. with just the driver I could not set up a shirt to print on the 13x22 platten. The driver was only set up for a normal epson printer. Which means standard paper sizes and no white ink. It couldn't detect that there was a printer with just the driver and I had no queue to send the jobs to.

I'm glad I have the Rip. I used it before at my previous job (Sawgrass DTG.. hated it.. always had problems with that machine) so I know how it works. I wouldn't recommend printing a shirt without it. I love my HM1.

Old May 17th, 2009 May 17, 2009 2:23:13 PM -   #13 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

sunnydayz's Avatar  - this member was voted Most Helpful Member during our Annual August Member Appreciation Month

You can call me: BobbieLee
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Thanked 1,638 Times in 1,068 Posts

Yes the HM1 rip is very nice, works great. I cannot imagine trying to print without it haha.

This is a discussion about Maintenance Program that was posted in the DTG Brand section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in