[DTG Kiosk] White ink not printing - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > DTG Brand
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future DTG Brand garment printer owners.

[DTG Kiosk] White ink not printing

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old July 29th, 2017 Jul 29, 2017 1:06:37 PM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Srdjan
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default White ink not printing

Hello,
have an issue on white ink on my DTG K3, lately i was having white ink misting and drying on bottom of plate (head not compatible with ink), but now white ink won't print at all.. I was getting mostly two channels of white on nozzle check, mostly because my dumpers were moving and sucking air into them, but last time I got three of white ink channels , and turn off machine with that situation. That was two days ago, today I turned on my printer, and only one channel was ok, two half ok, forth not existing. I tried to do numerous head cleanings, sucked white through capping lines, capping fills ok with ink when you suck it through capping station, but my nozzle checks got worse after some time to the point where I could get any ink on pattern. At some time I replaced one dumper to see if anything happens, tightened then as good as i could, and done one head cleaning, and one channel appeared completely. So i replaced all four of them, but nothing, it kept disappearing. I flushed head with syringe, no blockage of channels.
All I could think about is that I done too many head cleanings and syringe pull outs, so I will let it set over night too see if anything changes. CMYK channels are coming out with no problem. I changed wims filter too. Capping station is 10 months old.
Also, I am using different print head manifold for the first time now, maybe that's causing problems, since holes on nipples are too smal (see picture on link).
Thanks for any suggestion.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Prin...04.8.32.IMmZQd

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 21st, 2018 Apr 21, 2018 1:13:13 PM -   #2 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Default Re: White ink not printing

Same problem here. CMYK Perfect. White channels flushed - PERFECT. When I am trying to print.. No WHITE channels, only few dots... Did you fixed it?

Old April 21st, 2018 Apr 21, 2018 4:48:52 PM -   #3 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: C
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Did you prime the white ink lines after flushing?

Old May 11th, 2018 May 11, 2018 2:50:24 PM -   #4 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzabling
Did you prime the white ink lines after flushing?
I am sorry, I am not sure what you mean, how exactly?

Old July 12th, 2018 Jul 12, 2018 6:42:48 AM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Ismael

you gotta make sure that there are no bubbles or air in the in lines, and also if you have dampers or cartridges make sure to prime it with a syringe if there's any air you will see it and feel it while extracting the ink

if this doesn't work, make sure that the print head cable is connected in the right position

Old July 12th, 2018 Jul 12, 2018 7:40:49 AM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Bob
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Rule of thumb: Be really gentle with DX5 and DX7 print-heads. They are easily damaged by aggressive cleaning attempts.

Common inkjet issues (recoverable):
1. Ink starvation:
This is when you get missing nozzles after a few prints. Caused by restricted lines, filters, or pumps.

2. Air bubbles:
Usually Dumpers or cartridges not sealing well, but could be other issues as well.

3. Ink channel clogs:
Dried ink inside the printhead.

Common print head issues (non-recoverable):
1. Ruptured ink channels:
These are tiny ink channels behind the nozzle plate. They can be damaged by strong cleaning solutions, or too much pressure (waterfalling). The head will look OK from the outside, and you will get a nice spray pattern, but obviously the print-head is not repairable.

2. Delamination:
This is when the nozzle plate is partially or fully separated from the print-head. Symptoms can vary depending on severity, and include missing nozzles, colors mixing, or print head leaking from its sides. Again this is caused by strong cleaning solutions, or too much pressure.

This is a discussion about White ink not printing that was posted in the DTG Brand section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in