[DTG HM1] Thinking to buy a DTG HM1 and need help... - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > DTG Brand
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future DTG Brand garment printer owners.

[DTG HM1] Thinking to buy a DTG HM1 and need help...

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old March 15th, 2009 Mar 15, 2009 9:11:01 AM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: MARCOS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Thinking to buy a DTG HM1 and need help...

to know if this gadget is OK (or not) for us.

We're a spanish factory that print our own tshirts with our designs. Our customers are 95% souvenirs shops and zoo..... We have a lot of designs. Price screenprinting one of our designs is 1,5$ (1,16€). As everyone knows, times are changing and customers use to order less and less everytime. So that's the reason about thinking on a DTG HM1.

We'd like to:

1-Offer AWESOME wildlife designs. It's much easier on a DTG than screenprint it!

2-Avoid to set up a 7 color automatic machine to print only a 30,80... tshirts order.

3- Offer customized designs to future customers that only will be order by just a few of them (example, we are in spain but we could offer nice customized designs for other countries, Eiffel tower in Paris,....). I

Now, we know prices of DTG printing must be a little higher but we don't know how much. I've attached a couple of designs and we'd like to know a stimate of printing on EVERY TSHIRT COLOR. I mean Red, lime, yellow, black....

Problem is we can't price a dtg printing (realistic wildlife design) more than 2,32$ (1,80€). If we price it higher than that, we couldn't offer to our customers because ii would be very expensive and they won't do orders to us.

Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg aguilas lobo.jpg (60.8 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg 40-452.jpg (92.6 KB, 12 views)

Last edited by elcrowley; March 15th, 2009 at 09:48 AM..

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 15th, 2009 Mar 15, 2009 9:44:30 AM -   #2 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Default Re: Thinking to buy a DTG HM1 and need help...

I have same question too ,(i do same job in Greece) but i thing if the designs are already made from a factory
is better to get them ready as print ,but if you have a print that nobody else have it near you or the can't find it soon then worth the money and the time that you are going to spend.
By the way if you are using plastisol prints (like wildlife or others) and you need more than 500 i can give you with less than 1 euro
thanks

Old March 17th, 2009 Mar 17, 2009 3:00:55 PM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Brian

You can likely get away with printing on light shirts for less than the $2.32 per shirt in ink but I doubt if you can print on dark shirts for less than that. It is possible depending on the size of the print but for large print you are likely going over that cost. I would have to actually run one of your pics to see what the ink cost estimate is.

Very nice eagle pic by the way.

Brian

Old March 23rd, 2009 Mar 23, 2009 12:16:10 PM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Kyle

Im not a 100% sure on this because I have a Kiosk II but we can print on white shirts as low as about 1.16 a shirt using the basic anvil 5.4oz shirt and can usually keep black shirts at around 3 as well, again depending on the size of the print. One thing you should look into is the new Viper DTG from SWF. Not sure how much they run for but new technology is usually better than old.

But saying all that, you are not going to make much of a profit if you are looking to keep your prices the same a screen printing. You need to be thinking of making around 6-10 dollars a shirt profit with a DTG. You have to remember you dont get to throw in all those random fees like screenprinting. And you are doing small runs.

Old April 3rd, 2009 Apr 3, 2009 5:38:46 PM -   #5 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

i agree, you should make a larger profit off runnig the garmet prints than screen printing. Using white with those prices wont leave for much of a profit

This is a discussion about Thinking to buy a DTG HM1 and need help... that was posted in the DTG Brand section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in