[DTG Kiosk] Where to get the Wims system for DTG Kiosk? - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > DTG Brand
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future DTG Brand garment printer owners.

[DTG Kiosk] Where to get the Wims system for DTG Kiosk?

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old February 3rd, 2009 Feb 3, 2009 8:06:06 AM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Where to get the Wims system for DTG Kiosk?

Hello everyone,

I was needing some advice about upgrading my Kiosk. I bought the original Kiosk with the blue valves. It is the white upgraded machine. From everything I've read, it sounds that I need to do a full upgrade to the Kiosk 2 (have the valves removed, add the bulk ink, and the Wims system.) We will be printing quite a bit of white ink, so this is what I've been told I should do. We were quoted by Mesa of the pricing to have these upgrades done as this:

* WIMS with bulk ink chain system upgrade: $1200 (includes labor)

If it needs additional parts, the breakdown is as follows:

* Capping Station and Wiper Pump: $65 plus labor
* Print head: $300 plus labor
* 3 Replacement 2200 Dampers: $60 plus labor
* Labor is $120 per hour with a one hour minimum

Is there anyone who knows where I can get these parts, including the Wims, and do these upgrades myself? I've heard people say the Wims cost anywhere from $700.00 to the $1200.00. Of course, $700.00 sounds much better. It also seems that I get quoted different prices when talking to different people at Mesa. Can anyone give me some advice and help??

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 3rd, 2009 Feb 3, 2009 9:25:32 AM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Default Re: Where to get the Wims system for DTG Kiosk?

Man, now I'm confused. I just spoke to equipment zone, and they suggested that I do their bulk ink upgrade which is this:

They said that this is as good if not better than the Wims upgrade through Mesa. It does cost a little less than what I've been quoted from Mesa, too.

Does anybody know what the best upgrade to do to the Kiosk is that prevents white ink clogging and parts breaking?

Old February 3rd, 2009 Feb 3, 2009 3:26:51 PM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Zhen

My suggestions. If you are a moderate to heavy user (using the machine daily) then get the EZ Pro system.

If you are an low and idle user, where your machine sits for days without printing, then get the WIMS since it seems like it helps to regulate the white ink so it never settles.

Old February 25th, 2009 Feb 25, 2009 11:06:17 PM -   #4 (permalink)
MNO
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Helen

Zhenjie do you use the WIMS set-up on your printer? I'm thinking about adding it to our Kiosk...it sounded great when it first came out but I haven't seen what anyones experience with the system 6 months down the track has been like...has it lived up to the hype?

Old February 26th, 2009 Feb 26, 2009 2:42:06 AM -   #5 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

You can call me: Reid

the bulk ink tanks can be bought for around $22 from dtgdigital.com, you do not need to change over the capping stations or anything else. the only thing you do need to have is the rip that tells the unit to lay down the white ink first. the DTG is easy to pull apart. i have done this many times to unclog the print head. just watch how everything comes out and put it back the same way. it is a fairly robust machine and the parts aren't as delicate as you may think.

The Following User Says Thank You to growie For This Useful Post:
trytobecool (December 6th, 2010)
Old February 26th, 2009 Feb 26, 2009 2:53:18 AM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Zhen

No, I use the EZ Pro system because i'm a moderate user. My white ink is used everyday so I dont need to use the WIMS.

Old February 26th, 2009 Feb 26, 2009 10:20:07 AM -   #7 (permalink)
MNO
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Helen

Quote:
Originally Posted by growie
i have done this many times to unclog the print head.
How do you unclog your printhead? I was just about to order a replacement but if you have any clever ways of unclogging, I would LOVE to know what they are...

Old February 26th, 2009 Feb 26, 2009 1:56:49 PM -   #8 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

You can call me: Reid

I remove the head from the unit and soak it in windex, (being careful not to get anything on the circuit board) and also soak the unit attached to print head and put an air hose through each jet. brings it back to brand new if the machine has been sitting for a while.

The Following User Says Thank You to growie For This Useful Post:
trytobecool (December 6th, 2010)
Old February 27th, 2009 Feb 27, 2009 6:23:55 AM -   #9 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: jazz

I dont know much about the the the wims system ,but i just recently installed the ez pro bulk ink system from equipment zone and it is absolutly amazing.I have the kiosk 2 and the way i recieved it ,i could never print at 360x360 setting because of all the banding,now no banding at all.On the old set i had to do alot of head cleanings to get the white ink going good enogh to print ,but not any more i just turn on the computer and send the image,no joke just like that .I am very impressed so far.I do leave my printer on all the time and usually print 4 to 5 days out of the week.Oh print time seems alot faster to ,i had heard with the dampers and smaller lines you have an ink starvation issue that caused slower printing,banding, and bad white ink prints.I dont know about the long term of the bulk ink system but a week later my machine is wonderful.

Old February 27th, 2009 Feb 27, 2009 9:47:43 AM -   #10 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: bebe

Hello,
About the ez pro bulk ink system I would like to know if you are kind to help me with all the process to change this on Kiosk.I meen where can you buy it, how much cost this, instalation manual or video, etc.I´m from Sweden and I can´t find a such bulk system here.I should be very pleased to get a positiv respons from you.
Thanks

Old February 27th, 2009 Feb 27, 2009 9:55:33 AM -   #11 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Smile Re: Where to get the Wims system for DTG Kiosk?

We are in the usa but I bought the bulk ink system from equipment zone.Equipment Zone - The Screen Printing and Digital Printing Equipment Source, they are in new jersey. I am not sure if they will ship over seas,but that link should take you to thier website.

Old February 27th, 2009 Feb 27, 2009 9:57:05 AM -   #12 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

opps i forgot it cost around 375.00 usd.

Old February 27th, 2009 Feb 27, 2009 12:10:39 PM -   #13 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: Grant

Regardless of weather you do alot of white prints or not I would suggest getting one. As the white in is thicker than the colours it has more trouble to syphen to the print head. The Wims system pumps it all the way into a manifold and back thus reducing the syphing needed to be done. The lines are bigger and you get no settleing of ink in the lines or the bottle. Also for a cleaning point. you are not cleanin gthe whole ink system just the white manafold and dampners with the cleaning system you will get with it. As for the chain (ink lines) It is alot better than the old glued on ink lines to a ribbon. You can repalce a single ink tube. It is smoother and quiter than the old system of ink lines with no hassels. As for power I have mine seperated form the machin eand on timer so it does run every 2 hours for 15mins whilst then machine is off and all the time whilst the machine is on. As for whose is the best well I personaly dont get into those arguments. If both worht and no problems then you decide. There is nothing more putting off than a down talking sales man, Rubbishing someones elses product.

Old April 30th, 2009 Apr 30, 2009 7:46:03 AM -   #14 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Question Re: Where to get the Wims system for DTG Kiosk?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhenjie
No, I use the EZ Pro system because i'm a moderate user. My white ink is used everyday so I dont need to use the WIMS.
I am still having the problems with the chips giving me an empty reading. Do I need the chips in the cartridges to print? When I cover them I get a full ink reading on my maint program but then I get all lights blinking w/ the error light as if I have a bad data strip. But the printer does go through the whole routine before I get the dirty data strip error light.

Old April 30th, 2009 Apr 30, 2009 8:35:34 AM -   #15 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

is a forum sponsor who has contributed over 1000 helpful posts in the forums!

You can call me: Don
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

You need to refer your support questions for this product to Equipment Zone at 800-408-0040. The product you are using is not a DTG brand product and is not supported by the DTG channel. We have had several folks have similar issues and have not been able to hep them as it is an aftermarket modification that we are not familiar with.
Give Harry a call, he is always happy to help.

This is a discussion about Where to get the Wims system for DTG Kiosk? that was posted in the DTG Brand section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in