[DTG HM1] Stops printing red color after idling for 30 min - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > DTG Brand
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future DTG Brand garment printer owners.

[DTG HM1] Stops printing red color after idling for 30 min

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old November 10th, 2016 Nov 10, 2016 1:14:38 AM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Stops printing red color after idling for 30 min

Hello Everyone.
I started experiencing problem printing red color.
It prints red OK. Then it stops printing it after I leave printing idling for 30 min. It prints yellow instead.
I have to run head cleaning for 3-5 times to enable red color again.

I have already replaced printhead, capping station, printhead cables, dampers. I have checked red color tubes and bottle.

However problem persists. I will appreciate any suggestions how to solve this problem.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 10th, 2016 Nov 10, 2016 6:33:40 AM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Default Re: Stops printing red color after idling for 30 min

It sounds to me like a damper fault, the magenta is falling back down the ink line towards the bottle. Try switching the magenta and black dampers to confirm this.

Old November 10th, 2016 Nov 10, 2016 10:31:09 AM -   #3 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: C
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

look for ink starvation, air in the lines and making sure the ink is at the correct level

Old November 22nd, 2016 Nov 22, 2016 10:33:54 PM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

How can I check if there is air in lines? I swapped yellow and red dampers. Still it prints yellow OK but doesn't print red. It printed red just a hour ago with yellow stripes. So it is not a printhead issue.

Old November 25th, 2016 Nov 25, 2016 1:47:14 AM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Check the age of the ink, old ink can cause blockages in the damper filter. Also check the bottle breather holes.

This is a discussion about Stops printing red color after idling for 30 min that was posted in the DTG Brand section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in