[DTG HM1] Turn off or leave on all the time - Page 3 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > DTG Brand
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future DTG Brand garment printer owners.

[DTG HM1] Turn off or leave on all the time

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old March 24th, 2009 Mar 24, 2009 3:19:25 PM -   #31 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

sunnydayz's Avatar  - this member was voted Most Helpful Member during our Annual August Member Appreciation Month

You can call me: BobbieLee
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanked 1,638 Times in 1,068 Posts

Default Re: Turn off or leave on all the time

I do not have the wims on my machine, I have the white ink agitator. I only turn off the top portion of my machine and leave the bottom on, so that it keeps the agitator going

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 24th, 2009 Mar 24, 2009 5:10:27 PM -   #32 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: jimmy
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Smile Re: Turn off or leave on all the time

I have had my machines for over 2 years and if you check with support from SWF I've had problems that most people will never see the 2 best things I ever did is to leave my machines on and make sure my humidity is around 50% in my room, no more clogged heads and very little problems.The small amount of ink the machines use is worth peace of mind to me when I go home at night and know I'll be able to start printing first thing the next morning no problems. Just my opinion but its worth every penny to leave them on.

Old March 28th, 2009 Mar 28, 2009 4:41:34 AM -   #33 (permalink)
Former Member
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: Brian

From what I was told by SWF the WIMS system is the board that does the head cleaning every 4 to 6 hours. The HM1's also have an automatic white ink agitator!

Old March 28th, 2009 Mar 28, 2009 10:01:24 AM -   #34 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

sunnydayz's Avatar  - this member was voted Most Helpful Member during our Annual August Member Appreciation Month

You can call me: BobbieLee
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Thanked 1,638 Times in 1,068 Posts

You are right Brian, but I think what people are referring to, is the new ink system that circulates the ink. I do have the wims board and agitator.

Old March 28th, 2009 Mar 28, 2009 1:11:02 PM -   #35 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: Grant

There are 2 systems they both call WIMS the board WIMS for doing the automaric head cleans, and the WIMS the system for circulating and agitating the white ink to prevent settling of the white ink in the bottle and ink lines. Both working together on a machine works very well and should prevent any white ink clogging problems. I would suggest leaving your machine on, but do make sure that you have it pluged through a UPS as well to safe gaurd form power spikes and brown outs etc whilst away form it and whilst in use.

Old April 3rd, 2009 Apr 3, 2009 5:36:45 PM -   #36 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

leaving it on all the time helps keep everythign running way smoother then getting everything back up from a fresh start. When i started i thought the same, for the amount of time i spent printing day, around 4-5, the ink wasted during automatic cleanings seemed to be a huge waste. However, after production increased, and we tried to turn the system off, the problem to get the printer back up was just too big of a hassle and ended up cutting into production time

This is a discussion about Turn off or leave on all the time that was posted in the DTG Brand section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in