[DTG Kiosk] Kiosk cartridge / bagged ink system upgrade - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > DTG Brand
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future DTG Brand garment printer owners.

[DTG Kiosk] Kiosk cartridge / bagged ink system upgrade

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old September 22nd, 2016 Sep 22, 2016 7:00:01 PM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Tim
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Smile Kiosk cartridge / bagged ink system upgrade

Hi guys and gals, Newbie from Sydney here.

I recently bought a DTG Kiosk from a friend who hadn't used it in a couple of years. Risky? Yes. But I thought I had done my research when I found the EZ PRO bagged ink delivery system that appeared to be still for sale on the website and thought it was a no-brainer to ditch the existing valves, crusty tiny tu=bes and damper system for this type of system. Well, I have been told from the source themselves that it isn't available any more.

Having read the hardships that people have gone through with the valve and damper system, I not sure I have the passion to resurrect it based on the existing ink delivery system. I know that a new print head will be required either way but my reason for the post: Can anyone advise who else does a similar upgrade or has someone out there done there own cartridge and ink supply overhaul for these machines with success and be willing to hold my hand.

If someone as an old complete EZ Pro system (even if it needs a bit of an overhaul), I'd be happy to buy it but it would have to be shipped to Sydney, Australia.

I'm sure there are many people who have been down this route, so I look forward to hearing from you.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 23rd, 2016 Sep 23, 2016 5:05:36 AM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: Brandt

Default Re: Kiosk cartridge / bagged ink system upgrade

We just use CISS kits for the Epson 2200 with 0 issues on 3 DTG Kiosks that we are running right now. They are $22 USD or so from Aliexpress.

Sent from my SM-G935T using T-Shirt Forums

The Following User Says Thank You to lvprinting For This Useful Post:
Clubelliott (September 25th, 2016)
Old September 25th, 2016 Sep 25, 2016 7:41:09 PM -   #3 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

WOW. Ok, thanks for that information.

Now I just have to see what is involved converting the machine from damper to a cartridge system. Is there is a way of installing the Cartridge Assembly from a Kiosk 2 into a Kiosk 1? How would the chips on the cartridges get read? Hmmmm....maybe this might be the stumbling block.

If someone can help me with this problem, I reckon it will be worthwhile doing the renovation.

Old September 26th, 2016 Sep 26, 2016 5:13:51 AM -   #4 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Ted
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

If the cartridges work with an Epson 2200, they will work with the Kiosk. Like the EZ system you mentioned, it's as simple as replacing the dampers with the cartridges and routing the new thicker lines to the bags. I installed the EZ system on our Kiosk years ago, I think it took me about 20 minutes if that long. I haven't used it in over a year but I was using the bagged ink system from Belquette, they have the adapters to convert to pretty much any size lines you have.

The Following User Says Thank You to tfalk For This Useful Post:
Clubelliott (September 26th, 2016)
Old September 26th, 2016 Sep 26, 2016 5:16:04 AM -   #5 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

One other thought... depending on which version of the Kiosk you have, you may need to cut a hole in the top. I opted to build a new top for mine out of plexiglass instead of cutting a big hole in the top.

The Following User Says Thank You to tfalk For This Useful Post:
Clubelliott (September 26th, 2016)
Old September 26th, 2016 Sep 26, 2016 3:01:22 PM -   #6 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Thank you for your advice. Obviously, I was over-complicating the procedure in my head. Can't believe that when the dampers come out, cartridges will fit straight in and 'talk' to the printer. Makes you wonder what the deal was with the valves and dampers in the first place.

I'll start to order the stuff I need and sit down with my new buddy and give him a new lease on life.

Old September 26th, 2016 Sep 26, 2016 3:51:02 PM -   #7 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Seriously... not sure why they somehow thought reducing the size of the dampers by 50% would not cause ink starvation but that is what a lot of people saw.

While there are always caveats, any epson 2200 cartridge "should" work in a Kiosk.

Old September 27th, 2016 Sep 27, 2016 4:55:05 AM -   #8 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Thanked 1,237 Times in 1,009 Posts

If it is a K2 it is a 2200.

Old September 27th, 2016 Sep 27, 2016 6:03:37 AM -   #9 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Interesting point Binki, I always forget there was a Kiosk I and II, pretty much all of them I've seen are the II's which are based on the 2200, what was the Kiosk I based on?

Old January 28th, 2017 Jan 28, 2017 11:53:36 PM -   #10 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

I'm virtually like this guy . Anyone in NSW Australia fix kiosk 2 printers. this machine been sitting around for a while I brought it cheap . Iv cleaned the lines and dampers and tried priming it some prime others don't .i did get the new updated ink cartridges with it instead of the dampers but when I goto put the lines in the top the line don't stay their . Willing to pay someone to fix and service the machine for me
My email to contact me is :[email protected]

This is a discussion about Kiosk cartridge / bagged ink system upgrade that was posted in the DTG Brand section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in