[DTG Brand] M2 or F2000 or Mod1 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > DTG Brand
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future DTG Brand garment printer owners.

[DTG Brand] M2 or F2000 or Mod1

Like Tree2Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old May 19th, 2016 May 19, 2016 9:22:45 AM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default M2 or F2000 or Mod1

Hello

I wanted to buy DTG Printer. What do you think of the best brand for me ?

For me the most important thing is the quality .

and how Ink Cost Per Print for M2 and F2000 and Mod1 ?

thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 20th, 2016 May 20, 2016 2:31:50 AM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

Default Re: M2 or F2000 or Mod1

Quote:
Originally Posted by savadkoohy
Hello

I wanted to buy DTG Printer. What do you think of the best brand for me ?

For me the most important thing is the quality .

and how Ink Cost Per Print for M2 and F2000 and Mod1 ?

thanks
If "the most important thing is the quality" then why are you worried about the cost of ink?

Is it the quality of the printer you want to learn about or is it the quality of the print?

Here a photos of prints i have done.

Last edited by NZACO; August 6th, 2018 at 05:54 AM..

Old May 20th, 2016 May 20, 2016 10:34:06 AM -   #3 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZACO
If "the most important thing is the quality" then why are you worried about the cost of ink?

Is it the quality of the printer you want to learn about or is it the quality of the print?

Here a photos of prints i have done.
What printer do you use? and quality of the print Important for me .

Old May 20th, 2016 May 20, 2016 10:39:36 AM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Ken

Quote:
the most important thing about a dtg printer you SHOULD be concerned with is RELIABILITY.
You want a dtg printer that will work every day you do.....you also need to prep yourself for DAILY maintenance. If you don't, you will regret it.

Old May 20th, 2016 May 20, 2016 8:19:37 PM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatWhiteHope
the most important thing about a dtg printer you SHOULD be concerned with is RELIABILITY.
You want a dtg printer that will work every day you do.....you also need to prep yourself for DAILY maintenance. If you don't, you will regret it.
Yes the RELIABILITY is the number one thing that you have to consider. Then consider the RIP software because this determiners the quality or your print.

We use the Resolute R-Jet5 because for the past two years not one thing has gone wrong with the printer. The best thing about this printer is that it circulates the white ink so we do not need to do any tube cleaning.
The printer comes with CadLink software and this makes our prints look great.

Old May 26th, 2016 May 26, 2016 12:57:57 AM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

If your budget allows. M2 with Kothari print pro RIP.

The Following User Says Thank You to DangerMouse For This Useful Post:
tmadaniels (June 9th, 2016)
Old May 29th, 2016 May 29, 2016 2:19:12 PM -   #7 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZACO
Yes the RELIABILITY is the number one thing that you have to consider. Then consider the RIP software because this determiners the quality or your print.

We use the Resolute R-Jet5 because for the past two years not one thing has gone wrong with the printer. The best thing about this printer is that it circulates the white ink so we do not need to do any tube cleaning.
The printer comes with CadLink software and this makes our prints look great.
This DTG is it really good because i read some comments with issues people have, could you tell me more about this DTG ?
We're living in French Polynesia that's mean in a middle of nowhere and like you said before we have to think about a machine works good; without problem with white ink, waste ink, high cost, eay to do maintenance or repair, how many days the machine can be turn off ... Thank you for your help

Simon

Old May 29th, 2016 May 29, 2016 10:17:15 PM -   #8 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurencevaitape
This DTG is it really good because i read some comments with issues people have, could you tell me more about this DTG ?
We're living in French Polynesia that's mean in a middle of nowhere and like you said before we have to think about a machine works good; without problem with white ink, waste ink, high cost, eay to do maintenance or repair, how many days the machine can be turn off ... Thank you for your help

Simon
Then the best thing would be thing to contact the Resolute team. They have long term printing experience and would give you honest options.
There web site: Homepage - Resolute DTG

The Following User Says Thank You to NZACO For This Useful Post:
tmadaniels (June 9th, 2016)
Old July 13th, 2016 Jul 13, 2016 10:21:11 AM -   #9 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Mark

Quote:
Hey Savad, sorry for the delay in responding.. have you chosen a printer yet? Which dtg printer you should choose depends on a lot of different things.. I understand your number 1 concern is quality, so I would order samples from each manufacturer.

Last edited by Rodney; July 18th, 2016 at 07:56 AM.. Reason: removed self promotion

Old July 17th, 2016 Jul 17, 2016 10:23:33 AM -   #10 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Harry
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Thanked 1,068 Times in 915 Posts

I understand that Mark works for the company selling the Viper and M2 but wanted to address the comments made.

The M2, Viper, and Mod-1 both use print engines that are taken from Epson paper printing inkjet printers, including printheads that were designed for paper, not textile, printing. The Epson F2000 is the only printer that is built from the ground up, by Epson, as a direct to garment printer. Do not understand then how you can say that the prints from the F2000 are any less then the others. Our experience is the opposite. The F2000 is also a substantially faster printer so it will print 4 shirts much quicker then the Viper and M2 will.

One excellent way of comparing printers when you are shopping for one is to send each company your artwork and have them send a printed shirt to you.

_

Last edited by equipmentzone; July 17th, 2016 at 10:46 AM..

Old July 18th, 2016 Jul 18, 2016 1:36:57 AM -   #11 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

As the guys above have already said, the best way is to get printed samples from your own artwork (preferably your hardest to duplicate graphics), and ask then for print times and ink costs. Of course members here will prefer the machines they sell, and they sell them because they think they have the best machine. Just for clarity the M2 uses a Mutoh engine, but judging from the signature Harry is more familiar with the F2000 printer :-)

Old July 18th, 2016 Jul 18, 2016 5:54:47 AM -   #12 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

is a forum sponsor who has contributed over 1000 helpful posts in the forums!

You can call me: Don
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Actually Harry, the M2 is not a modified Epson printer - it is based on a large format plotter that is modified in partnership with Mutoh. The Epson F2000 actually uses a lower viscosity TFP head than the other printers do (which use either the DX5 or DX7 heads) which is the reason that we often hear of folks needing to do two passes of white to get the vibrancy that they desire (the lower viscosity ink does not carry the pigment load that the inks do for the Viper, Viper 2, M2, Mod 1 use). And lastly - I'm pretty certain that given the same artwork printed at the same quality level that the M2 and Viper 2 would at the very least stay with the F2000 and probably out perform it on longer runs simply because of the ability to have the next 2 or 4 shirts preloaded on a platen and ready to load into the machine. Or maybe we should just have a competition based on printing 16" x 22" images and see who is faster! ;-)
ColDesiMark likes this.

Old July 18th, 2016 Jul 18, 2016 8:35:05 AM -   #13 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: PixelPimp
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

no mention of the M&R M-Link? it seems to be the most reliable machine on the market.

Old July 19th, 2016 Jul 19, 2016 5:28:22 AM -   #14 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Jerid
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Thanked 1,122 Times in 788 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by red514
no mention of the M&R M-Link? it seems to be the most reliable machine on the market.
My guess is with the three printers given, they are all in the same price range. The M-Link is 2-3 times and the M-LinkX is 4-5 times the price as the ones mentioned. Nothing against the product, everything I've seen on it is pretty solid, just a different classification in price.

Old July 19th, 2016 Jul 19, 2016 6:08:50 AM -   #15 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: PixelPimp
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

true it is not in the same price range, it seems to be a whole different level of equipment. we had a neoflex and that thing was just a moded Epson but this M-link appears to be built from the ground up. It's very impressive. was surprised to see very little mention of this machine on these forums.

This is a discussion about M2 or F2000 or Mod1 that was posted in the DTG Brand section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in