DTG Kiosk - what are your experiences with this machine? - Page 5 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > DTG Brand
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future DTG Brand garment printer owners.

DTG Kiosk - what are your experiences with this machine?

Like Tree1Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old February 29th, 2008 Feb 29, 2008 5:35:25 AM -   #61 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Padraic
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: DTG Kiosk

Does anybody have any tips regarding the pre-treat, I'm using the sprayer but it varies from not enough to leaving a dirty stain on the gaarment?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 29th, 2008 Feb 29, 2008 3:38:39 PM -   #62 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Karen

Chad, I believe you only have to use the rip program if printing with white ink. I have the kiosk and use photoshop cs3, however I do not print with white ink either.

Old April 24th, 2008 Apr 24, 2008 7:39:55 PM -   #63 (permalink)
T-Shirt Apprentice

Hello everyone. My name is Greg. I'm new here. This is about some problems I'm having with my DTG. I was wondering if anyone out there could help me out. I've had my DTG for a year and I really like it. I recently let the ink sit (Which I openly admit is my fault). The head clogged. So I ordered a new print head and I had to order a new print carriage. The reason for the new print carriage is that I snapped the screw port off that holds the retainer bar. Again, my fault..........
Tech support has been great! I installed the new print carriage and print head. But hears my problem. My nozzel check is fine but when I print.....There is literally nothing...The garment is blank......Then I try the nozzel check again, and theirs very little. weird. All the valves are open, ink bottles filled. I tried a different image and it's the same thing. I was thinking that I maybe put the springs in wrong for the print head. Or the syphin isn't good. If anyone has any suggestions, please by all means, I'ld love to hear them.
Thanks for reading this and I'm happy to be a part of what you all do!
Respectfully,
Greg

Old April 24th, 2008 Apr 24, 2008 7:48:47 PM -   #64 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

sunnydayz's Avatar  - this member was voted Most Helpful Member during our Annual August Member Appreciation Month

You can call me: BobbieLee
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Thanked 1,638 Times in 1,068 Posts

Have you checked your ribbon cables ? If not I would look at the ends that plug into the printhead and make sure there are no burns or scorch marks. I have the HM1 and just had the mother board replaced because it was acting like it was printing but was not laying any ink. But I also was not getting a nozzle check so maybe I am thinking one of your ribbon cables got fried. Look at the ends and make sure you dont see any black or brown marks on them as this is what it sounds like it might be, has any moisture gotten near either of your ribbon cables?. I dont think it is your board because if it was you would be getting nothing at all from your nozzles. Also try cleaning your encoder strip and encoder wheel although to me sounds more like a ribbon cable. Hope this helps you to find your problem and welcome to the forums

Old April 25th, 2008 Apr 25, 2008 9:02:46 AM -   #65 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

is a forum sponsor who has contributed over 1000 helpful posts in the forums!

You can call me: Don
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Hi Greg,

Make sure that the sensor that sets beside the bottom of the printhead in the carriage has been unplugged and removed. I have seen this occur when this sensor is not removed.

Hope this helps!

Old April 25th, 2008 Apr 25, 2008 1:13:46 PM -   #66 (permalink)
T-Shirt Apprentice

Hello everyone. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions with inks for the DTG Kiosk. I get mine from Colman......A bit pricey.....But if that's what it takes......Any other suppliers and do they stand up with the color and quality?

Old April 28th, 2008 Apr 28, 2008 6:32:20 AM -   #67 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Hi Gypsy,

The ink prices at Colman & Company are right in line with the market price of all of the major players in the direct to garment marketplace. There may be some lower priced inks that seem attractive, but, in the big picture, the savings is are not that significant. Whatever direction you take on your ink, be certain to flush the system completely if you are going to use another brand of ink. All inks have different chemical compositions and we have had some issues when ink brands were mixed (I've even intentionally tried it here to see what happens, and had some clog issues with some of the brands). Another thing to consider is that when you change ink brands you will need to do your own profiling as the software that came with your DTG is profiled for DTG brand ink. If you have purchased the new Bright series inks, you can get the latest profiles for them by installing the latest version of RIP Pro. You definately want to be certain that you do some print testing prior to doing a repeat job whenever you change inks as all ink sets will print at least a little different.

Hope this helps!

Old April 29th, 2008 Apr 29, 2008 4:30:55 AM -   #68 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Hey. for what its worth, I own a Kiosk2, The only problem that I am haveing is I can't keep up with the demand. That will likely lead to me selling the machine but DTG EAST and the Kiosk has been great.

Old May 13th, 2008 May 13, 2008 6:13:45 AM -   #69 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Small but potentiall damaging problem.... I accidently knocked over my pre-treat container and lost its entire content. I need to print white ink immediatley but will not have the new pre treat for 2 days. Is there any alternative I can spray? It is a distressed white print so the quality does not have to be up to the usual standard.

Old May 13th, 2008 May 13, 2008 6:18:41 AM -   #70 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Mark
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Thanked 1,637 Times in 1,101 Posts

Podge,

I have never heard anyone finding a workable alternative solution for pretreatment. Where are you located? Maybe there might be another company that is closer to you. Or maybe someone is closer to you that can spare some. That is my best recommendation.

Mark

The Following User Says Thank You to DAGuide For This Useful Post:
podge (May 13th, 2008)
Old May 13th, 2008 May 13, 2008 6:43:54 AM -   #71 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

co. cork in Ireland,
If anybody's out there I could use some help

Old May 13th, 2008 May 13, 2008 7:49:22 AM -   #72 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Mike

I've read in a lot of the forums here that all the problems come down to the white ink. I know the Brother doesn't use white and therefor has less problems from the start but if someone bought an HM-1 and only used it to print on white shirts wouldn't they lose all the white ink problems too?

Old May 13th, 2008 May 13, 2008 8:49:34 AM -   #73 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Mark
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Thanked 1,637 Times in 1,101 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tshirtguy
I've read in a lot of the forums here that all the problems come down to the white ink. I know the Brother doesn't use white and therefor has less problems from the start but if someone bought an HM-1 and only used it to print on white shirts wouldn't they lose all the white ink problems too?
For the most part, any printer that is not printing white ink has less challenges than those that do print white ink. The only exception to this statement is when there are non-ink related issues with a printer (feed errors, registration problems,...). The white ink problems for the most part are due to the process of pretreatment and keeping the white ink flowing through the ink delivery system. Remove that from the equation and life will become easier. A good friend of mine was the first person to get an HM1 that was setup as a Dual CMYK printer. You can also just put cleaning fluid or distilled water in the white ink lines and print just CMYK as well. This is something you can do with most of the dtg printers.

Old July 2nd, 2008 Jul 2, 2008 5:15:52 AM -   #74 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Jenifer

Angry Re: DTG Kiosk

Quote:
Originally Posted by signmandmg
Hello everyone I bought a kiosk about 3 weeks ago, and let me tell you it took that long to just get it printing some what normal. I have alot of touble printing on blacks the whole graphic comes out looking speckeled, and sometimes it will be clear on one side of the print and speckle on the other side. I have no idea how to get the color down right, because one print will be what the customer wants and the next will be totally off. I have learned that the kiosk is not what I expected, its good for that one time print but anything in mass quantities not recomended. I feel that I just should have went with a screen printer.
I agree!! I can not believe I spent this kind of money on this machine, I have nothing but problems with it since I took it out of the box. I have done a ton of orders with it and still have TONS of problems. Then because I live in North Carolina and I have had my machine under a year, they tell me that I have to pay 500.00 to have a tech come here and see what is wrong with my machine but that it is problems, operator error. Just had to replace the print head cause they said I did not clean anything properly and the ink loss is so costly is is awful!!! Wish I would have known all this ahead of time.. Hope you do not run into the same HORROR I am experiencing.
Unreal they charge that much money and offer nothing in warranty on it and tell me I need to come back for more training when I already paid for a ticket a hotel for a course all day on how to clean the damn thing and it still clogged. BETTER LUCK TO you. SWF does not want me as a spokes person right now!!!

Old July 2nd, 2008 Jul 2, 2008 6:30:39 AM -   #75 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Jenifer,

I am going to speak with tech support now but I see nothing in our support system from you, until yesterday, for almost 2 1/2 months. Looking at all of the tech support notes a large portion of the calls we have from you are regarding issues with your graphics software, Corel, I beleive. I would venture to guess that there are not a lot of companies in the DTG marketplace that would perform an onsite call for only $500 (airfare is going to be at least that amount).

Either I or one of our technicians will be calling you shortly.

This is a discussion about DTG Kiosk - what are your experiences with this machine? that was posted in the DTG Brand section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in