DTG Kiosk - what are your experiences with this machine? - Page 3 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > DTG Brand
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future DTG Brand garment printer owners.

DTG Kiosk - what are your experiences with this machine?

Like Tree1Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old September 18th, 2007 Sep 18, 2007 10:44:11 AM -   #31 (permalink)
T-Shirt Apprentice

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: DTG Kiosk

Hello,

I have a DTG KIOSK that I have one problem when i print on a white t-shirt with red text along with the text i get a little bit of yellow ink effects. and also when i print a black ink on any light shirt it is not pure black color i printed with different settings i select (RGB BLACK 000) i did CMYK 000 100but its a light black color can any one help me with this .
Thank you every one

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 18th, 2007 Sep 18, 2007 12:10:55 PM -   #32 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

is a forum sponsor who has contributed over 1000 helpful posts in the forums!

You can call me: Don
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Hi Graphicmaster,

The questions you are asking should be covered in your training with your distributor. Have you attended your training yet? Also, have you vistited the DTGForums yet? The DTGForums are a DTG brand specific forums that your distributor can get you access to.

In regards to the black, to truly staturate a garment with black you will need a composite black, not a pure black. Photoshop generates a nice composite black that will give you the dark coverage you are looking for, I'm sure Corel and any other graphics package you are using will do the same.

I hope this helps.

Old September 18th, 2007 Sep 18, 2007 9:50:07 PM -   #33 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: John

Hi Graphicmaster

My name is John from Melbourne Australia,. I to had a similar problem with ink not flowing when holdind the ink fill button, my problem was the damper bieng blocked due to a bad batch of ink. I ended drawing ink through the dampers (new ink ) with a suringe bieng careful not to damage them. After a couple of days testing and cleaning everything i finally had success with new ink.

Hope everything goes well.

Old September 20th, 2007 Sep 20, 2007 7:48:23 AM -   #34 (permalink)
T-Shirt Apprentice

HI Grandstand ,
Thank you for your help but my problem is not with the INK fill it's with the ink button.

Old September 20th, 2007 Sep 20, 2007 7:50:48 AM -   #35 (permalink)
T-Shirt Apprentice

Hell everyone ,

can any one tell me what is the trick to install the DTG wiper PUMP ASSAmbley . when i try to install the pump it's make the granding noise . please any tell me what's the best way to install it.
Thank you every for your help.

Old September 20th, 2007 Sep 20, 2007 8:54:47 AM -   #36 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Get a hold of Don at SWF East. You problem could be related to the capping station devise. If this is not lined up properly it will strip the gears on the wiping station. I wouldn't run the machine untill you talk to him. There is a certain way to put it together so that the gears won't strip

Old January 11th, 2008 Jan 11, 2008 8:47:16 AM -   #37 (permalink)
T-Shirt Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandstand
Hi Everyone,

Just wondering if anyone owns a DTG Kiosk printer and what there experiences with this particular machine are. At present l can only print on light coloured tees but have been offered the conversion for white ink and Rip program.

It has been a large learning curve for myself mainly on getting colours right especially with photos. I seem to have sorted colour problem with created artwork but must print twice to get a nice bright image.

I would love to hear from someone who has similar machine or who has encountered simmilar problems.
Absolutely DON'T do it! I own an HM1 that does not work and was broken right out of the box. The company refuses to replace it or refund my money. I'm sitting on an $18k hunk of junk! I've never been treated so poorly by a business in my entire life. Disgruntled? Yes. Lying? No. You want more details about the DTG Printer or SWF East feel free to call me at 248-313-9220 and ask for Mike. Don't make a horrible mistake by purchasing one of these terrible machines. This company is a complete fraud.

Old January 11th, 2008 Jan 11, 2008 10:13:54 AM -   #38 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

sunnydayz's Avatar  - this member was voted Most Helpful Member during our Annual August Member Appreciation Month

You can call me: BobbieLee
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Thanked 1,638 Times in 1,068 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KwickyTee
Absolutely DON'T do it! I own an HM1 that does not work and was broken right out of the box. The company refuses to replace it or refund my money. I'm sitting on an $18k hunk of junk! I've never been treated so poorly by a business in my entire life. Disgruntled? Yes. Lying? No. You want more details about the DTG Printer or SWF East feel free to call me at 248-313-9220 and ask for Mike. Don't make a horrible mistake by purchasing one of these terrible machines. This company is a complete fraud.
I myself have the HM1 and have no problems with it, I love my machine. What exactly are the problems you are having with your machine?

Old January 11th, 2008 Jan 11, 2008 10:47:27 AM -   #39 (permalink)
T-Shirt Apprentice

Really? I'm shocked. Again, perhaps because mine didn't work right out of the box. I had one of their repair techs come twice and he admitted that he thought I got a lemon. Here's some of the problems: 1. I cannot get a clean image ie. every print comes out as if it's some kind of washed out water color. 2. Sometimes it only prints half the image and then it's done. Go to print it again and then the full image shows. 3. The same image never prints the same color, sometimes it prints red the next time orange...no consistency. And lastly, my machine goes through $400 worth of ink in 7 days. Whether I print one shirt or 20, $400 a week. Might as well send out for transfers at that cost. Whether it's a lemon or not, the company does not stand behind their product. They do not respond to my calls. They've consistently told me it's been user error (via email) since day one, even though they had to repair it on both occasions.

Old January 11th, 2008 Jan 11, 2008 11:19:29 AM -   #40 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

sunnydayz's Avatar  - this member was voted Most Helpful Member during our Annual August Member Appreciation Month

You can call me: BobbieLee
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Thanked 1,638 Times in 1,068 Posts

I did have one problem on my machine that it was doing to many auto head cleans and they replaced the board for that. If your machine is going through alot of ink in head cleans it could possible be the board. I also only leave my machine on 10 to 12 hours a day so it is not wasting ink on head cleans 24 hours.

As far as getting a clean print, are you getting your garment close enough to the print head? I know when it is even a little too low it can give kind of an air brush look to the print and it only takes a very little bit to make this difference.

As far as the color changing in between prints, I have never heard of this. Are you sure you have the right profiles selected on your advanced print settings on your software? They should be as follows:

RGB source - NTSC 1953
CMYK - SWOP simulated

I know Don from SWF east comes on here sometimes so maybe he will shed some light on what is going on for you. I hope it gets better, if there is anything I can do to help let me know

Old February 18th, 2008 Feb 18, 2008 9:19:04 AM -   #41 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: charlotte

Hello, does anyone know of a UK or EU based printers that offers DTG printing?

Old February 18th, 2008 Feb 18, 2008 9:22:24 AM -   #42 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Mark
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Thanked 1,637 Times in 1,101 Posts

Try this company:
United Kingdom & Eire
Your Embroidery Services Ltd.

Meden Road
Boughton Industrial Estate South
Boughton
Nottinghamshire
NG22 9ZD
United Kingdom & Eire
Tel: ++44 1623 863343
Fax: ++44 1623 863345
Email: [email protected]

Here is a link to some others in the EU - DTG International Dealers

Old February 18th, 2008 Feb 18, 2008 2:57:41 PM -   #43 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: charlotte

thank you, I have contacted the uk place and am awaiting a response. (-:

Old February 19th, 2008 Feb 19, 2008 7:15:31 AM -   #44 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

is a forum sponsor who has contributed over 1000 helpful posts in the forums!

You can call me: Don
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
I know Don from SWF east comes on here sometimes so maybe he will shed some light on what is going on for you. I hope it gets better, if there is anything I can do to help let me know
We have agreed to give Mr. Dimmer a refund on his HM-1. He did indeed have a machine that had a problem with a pair of wires being cut that prevented the bed from raising and lowering. We corrected this by sending a technician to his location at no charge and then providing him with additional training while the tech was there. I have spoken with our technicians and none of them have ever told this gentleman that he had a "lemon". A lemon would infer to a machine that is chronically inoperable and cannot be "repaired". As I stated, there was a problem with his machine initially that we resolved by sending a technician to his location at our expense.
The issues of inconsistency and half prints can be attributed to a couple of things - number one, practice, I always recommend that a new user buy a case (thats 72 shirts) of white and a case of dark shirts and practice on them before ever taking any orders to do. This allows time to get familiar with the equipment, learn about using the RIP software and also to get familiar with color management in general. Secondly, the first 3 tech support calls we have from this instance revolved around computer problems. Unfortunately these computer problems went on for nearly 2 weeks and then we began to encounter atrophy issues with the machine.
As a vendor, we strive to provide the best service possible on all of the equipment we sell. We have not been a leader in the decorated apparel industry for nearly 10 years by being a "complete fraud".
As potential buyers of direct to garment printers I cannot emphasize enough the importance of allowing yourself a learning curve for the equipment, taking the time to go to the training provided, and committing to doing your routine maintenance on your machine. Equally, or ever moreso, important is that you have a plan for your equipment once you get it. Today's higher performance direct to garment printers need to be run more frequently than their earlier counterparts. With larger printhead faces and more channels you get better performance - but - you also increase the amount of "printer" in contact with ink which increases the likelyhood of maintenance issues if you are not proactive.
If anyone would like to speak with some of our satisfied customers, please feel free to call me at 877-793-3278 ext or pm from this site.
I hope this helps to clarify things.

Old February 21st, 2008 Feb 21, 2008 8:33:22 AM -   #45 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Padraic

I am getting a recurring with the printer where it sprays all four colors in random patterns, like it is doing a head clean on the tshirt. I changed the strip and the cable going to the print head but its still happening. Has anyone come across this problem before?

This is a discussion about DTG Kiosk - what are your experiences with this machine? that was posted in the DTG Brand section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in