[DTG Kiosk] DTG K3 problem after electrical short circuit - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > DTG Brand
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future DTG Brand garment printer owners.

[DTG Kiosk] DTG K3 problem after electrical short circuit

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old August 17th, 2015 Aug 17, 2015 12:46:24 AM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default DTG K3 problem after electrical short circuit

Hi, I have a problem with my DTG K3 and a lot of pain because where I live there was a problem with the electricity supply and in my house there was a short circuit through which most of the electrics in the home was damaged but the worst thing is that my DTG K3 will not turn on. The printer was secured and connected directly to connected equipment against voltage. I was looking for information on the forum and the only thing that comes to mind is the fuse or motherboard. I'm counting on your help.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 17th, 2015 Aug 17, 2015 2:42:52 AM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Default Re: DTG K3 problem after electrical short circuit

Hi Adrian
There is a fuse inside the rear power connection of the machine, remove the power connector and you will see the fuse holder. Slide this out and there should be a spare fuse in the little slot, replace this and it should be ok.

The Following User Says Thank You to uktech For This Useful Post:
kurani (August 17th, 2015)
Old August 17th, 2015 Aug 17, 2015 7:23:57 AM -   #3 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Thanks you for the answer. I've done as you told me, was a backup fuse, and the old was burned. I changed the fuse but the printer does not start up. Does not display the "ON" on the panel. But I hear the pump running from CMYK bottles. Do you have any suggestions what's the problem?

Old August 17th, 2015 Aug 17, 2015 7:47:47 AM -   #4 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

I forgot to connect the cable from the "EMERGANCY STOP". When I plugged it in the printer, the second fuse burned ...

Old August 18th, 2015 Aug 18, 2015 12:48:52 AM -   #5 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Thanks for your reply. I wrote yesterday, but I do not know why it does not show here.

I've done as you wrote , was a spare fuse. Unfortunately, the printer does not turn on and after a second new fuse burns. Before burn fuse can be heard pomp from CMYK and attached seconds WIMS working...

Do you have any suggestions on what can be wrong

Old August 18th, 2015 Aug 18, 2015 4:31:29 AM -   #6 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Thanks for your reply

I've done as you wrote to me, was a spare fuse. Unfortunately, the printer does not turn on and after a second new fuse burns. Before you burn fuse pump can be heard from CMYK and attached seconds WIMS ...

Do you have any suggestions on what can be wrong

Old August 18th, 2015 Aug 18, 2015 6:27:36 AM -   #7 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Harry
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Thanked 1,074 Times in 921 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurani
Hi, I have a problem with my DTG K3 and a lot of pain because where I live there was a problem with the electricity supply and in my house there was a short circuit through which most of the electrics in the home was damaged but the worst thing is that my DTG K3 will not turn on. The printer was secured and connected directly to connected equipment against voltage. I was looking for information on the forum and the only thing that comes to mind is the fuse or motherboard. I'm counting on your help.

In some cases homeowners and/or business insurance may cover damage to machinery damaged by electrical surges. You may want to check with your insurance company.

_

Old August 19th, 2015 Aug 19, 2015 1:21:55 AM -   #8 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Thanks for your reply. I changed to a spare fuse and the printer does not work because fuse blows up. For second when I turned on printer work the pump of CMYK and WIMS system and next the fuse burned. What do you think of this

Last edited by kurani; August 19th, 2015 at 01:29 AM.. Reason: just learning forum

Old August 24th, 2015 Aug 24, 2015 3:10:49 AM -   #9 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

I've been in the electronics of my dtg. In his view, the problem is in TRAFO.
Primary TRAFO has loadings 9 Ohma, is it properly?

What do you think about this

This is a discussion about DTG K3 problem after electrical short circuit that was posted in the DTG Brand section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in