[DTG Brand] Viper 2 or Epson SureColor F2000 - Page 2 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > DTG Brand
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future DTG Brand garment printer owners.

[DTG Brand] Viper 2 or Epson SureColor F2000

Like Tree14Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old March 31st, 2016 Mar 31, 2016 1:54:11 PM -   #16 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Steve
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Viper 2 or Epson SureColor F2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorGRAFIX
5.) I am not sure just what a standard door way is and they both seemed to have failed in this department but at my shop our doors are normal sized doorways and my F2000 all boxed up dollied right through my place, no problem.
Whew!! I just bought the F2000 yesterday from Equipment Zone. I just saw that comparison chart where it says it won't fit though a standard doorway...
Well I have a home-based business and all I have are 'standard' doorways. Please tell me it's going to fit!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 31st, 2016 Mar 31, 2016 2:20:41 PM -   #17 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Harry
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Thanked 1,068 Times in 915 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertydirect
Whew!! I just bought the F2000 yesterday from Equipment Zone. I just saw that comparison chart where it says it won't fit though a standard doorway...
Well I have a home-based business and all I have are 'standard' doorways. Please tell me it's going to fit!!!

Will fit fine. That comparison chart you saw is not correct on quite a few items.

_

Old April 5th, 2016 Apr 5, 2016 1:17:07 PM -   #18 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

is a forum sponsor who has contributed over 1000 helpful posts in the forums!

You can call me: Don
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Congrats on your purchase Steve, Harry will take care of you. Understand that most machines will fir through a standard door when turned sideways, however, it becomes a bit more of a nightmare once you have inked up the machine. The Viper 2 fits through a standard door when it is fully inked up and ready to go. The Epson F2000 is a full 7 inches wider and does not fit through even commercial doors (which are typically 36") without being tipped. This is a pretty serious consideration if the machine is going to be transported for events or for home based businesses.

Old April 5th, 2016 Apr 5, 2016 1:54:13 PM -   #19 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

That's the great part of actually being able to give you our personal experience with transporting F2000's since the demo room we keep our units in only has a 36 inch wide doorway. With all the trade shows we do year round we're constantly moving them through that doorway, fully inked, to get them packaged to ship out. We tilt them fully inked. We ship them fully inked. And in more then 2 years we never had a problem taking them out of the crate at a show, turning them on, and printing sample shirts immediately. The major factor seems to be that Epson designed the F2000 from the ground up as a direct to garment printer so it has no issues being tilted

Old April 6th, 2016 Apr 6, 2016 10:27:18 AM -   #20 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Thanks Harry, forgot that Epson uses a consumable waste tank on their machine. How much do those cost and how often do they have to be replaced?

Old April 6th, 2016 Apr 6, 2016 10:43:13 AM -   #21 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

I thought you were aware that there are no consumable waste tanks on the Epson F2000 so there is no cost. We'll be at the upcoming Chicago DAX and ISS Nashville shows if you want to come by the booth to see.

_

Old April 6th, 2016 Apr 6, 2016 10:50:22 AM -   #22 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Actually it really had not crossed my mind until you mentioned that you could turn the machine sideways - didn't see how the waste tank would not leak when you did that. Hope the show is good for you. We have refocused on our live web presence - live webinars for sales and training almost daily. Much more responsive to customer needs and requires much less travel and expense for everyone than trade shows. Check out our Youtube channel - we are approaching 900 videos. Take care.

Old April 6th, 2016 Apr 6, 2016 11:10:10 AM -   #23 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

The waste bottle for the F2000 sits outside the printer on the floor. Very easy to detach and reattach if needed to move.

Sorry to hear you won't be displaying at any trade shows. Hope that's not a final decision. They really provide a great opportunity for customers to "kick the tires".

_
tmadaniels likes this.

Old April 7th, 2016 Apr 7, 2016 5:29:10 AM -   #24 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Thanks for the concern Harry - actually it has proven to be beneficial for both us and our customers. We can give individual customers one on one live demos 5 days a week - where they can see their own artwork printed live without the interruptions that constantly occur during a tradeshow. As a veteran of over 26 years in this industry I have seen the value of trade shows steadily decline (as I would suspect you have) and the majority of folks in the industry will seldom, if ever, attend a show nowadays - we know, we have done surveys.

Thanks for the update on the Epson, don't run into it much, so I can only go on what I have seen the few times I have gotten a close look. Makes sense that they would make it external and easy to get at so that it is easy to empty after the required system flushes. :-)

The Following User Says Thank You to Don-ColDesi For This Useful Post:
german13 (April 7th, 2016)
Old April 7th, 2016 Apr 7, 2016 1:44:03 PM -   #25 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don-ColDesi
Thanks for the concern Harry - actually it has proven to be beneficial for both us and our customers. We can give individual customers one on one live demos 5 days a week - where they can see their own artwork printed live without the interruptions that constantly occur during a tradeshow. As a veteran of over 26 years in this industry I have seen the value of trade shows steadily decline (as I would suspect you have) and the majority of folks in the industry will seldom, if ever, attend a show nowadays - we know, we have done surveys.

Not sure I understand what's different about that. We have been giving one on one live demos at our facilities for years now - and also doing trade shows. Should take a look at those surveys. Both ISS, NBM, and DAX have reported record attendance at their trade shows this year.

_

Old April 8th, 2016 Apr 8, 2016 2:57:11 AM -   #26 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

You can call me: Brian

You are looking at least $350.00+ worth of ink going down the drain per month using the S2000.
This is due to the tube washing scheduled maintenance, automatic power washes on the machine
not to mention the other cleaning methods to keep the machine running. This does not include other expenses on the pre-treatment of your garments. You also will not get great prints on the S2000 without double printing the white ink on darks or the CYMK prints on lights. This will slow down your production time to an average of 25 shirts per hour on lights and 17 shirts per hour on darks. Be prepared for a ton of trial and error trying to match colors and keep a consistent prints on a production run.

The Following User Says Thank You to Star Silk For This Useful Post:
Don-ColDesi (April 8th, 2016)
Old May 8th, 2016 May 8, 2016 11:23:43 PM -   #27 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

What type of platens do you use? Have you thought about printing sneakers?

This is a discussion about Viper 2 or Epson SureColor F2000 that was posted in the DTG Brand section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in