Kiosk DTG PROBLEMS - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > DTG Brand
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future DTG Brand garment printer owners.

Kiosk DTG PROBLEMS

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old July 30th, 2008 Jul 30, 2008 2:48:01 PM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

You can call me: Pam
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Kiosk DTG PROBLEMS

Someone please help! My Kiosk DTG Printer, had to replace a clogged print head and since then every time
I send a print job the ERROR EJECT button starts flashing
along with the INK INDICATOR lights. I have tried resetting the ink counter and cleaned the decoder strip.
Still blinking when you send it a job!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 30th, 2008 Jul 30, 2008 2:58:18 PM -   #2 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: BobbieLee
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Thanked 1,638 Times in 1,068 Posts

Default Re: Kiosk DTG PROBLEMS

Did you check your cables to make sure they are firmly in the printhead? If they are not pushed in all the way it might cause a error in communication.

The Following User Says Thank You to sunnydayz For This Useful Post:
Shore Stitches (July 30th, 2008)
Old July 30th, 2008 Jul 30, 2008 5:03:43 PM -   #3 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Harry
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Thanked 1,075 Times in 922 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shore Stitches
Someone please help! My Kiosk DTG Printer, had to replace a clogged print head and since then every time
I send a print job the ERROR EJECT button starts flashing
along with the INK INDICATOR lights. I have tried resetting the ink counter and cleaned the decoder strip.
Still blinking when you send it a job!

If you did not have the light display before you changed out the print head then your problem is most likely your print head ribbon cable and how it is connected to your print head. I would take out your new print head and carefully check where the cable plugs into the print head. As Bobbie wrote, you may not have them plugged in far enough to make a good connection. Your other possibility may be that in the process of connecting the cable you inadvertently caused a short. Check for any burn marks around the cable.

Harry

The Following User Says Thank You to equipmentzone For This Useful Post:
Shore Stitches (July 30th, 2008)

Old July 30th, 2008 Jul 30, 2008 6:00:50 PM -   #4 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

I am at a loss, I plugged and unplugged the machine in numerous time and have taken the print head out now for the fourth time to go over everything. Still having the same trouble. When I took the print head out from the beginning I forgot to turn the power off and when I went to plug the cable back into the print head, it of course moved and pulled the print head out of my hand. When it did the tape from the back of the print head carriage that is also attached to the two tapes that plug into the print head, also came out so I plugged that back in finished installing the pint head and this is what I have. Have I screwed something up? Thanks so much for the help!!!

Old July 30th, 2008 Jul 30, 2008 6:24:20 PM -   #5 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

There is a chance you may have damaged the ribbon cable in some way. You might want to consider changing out the ribbon cable to a new one. They're not that expensive (about $30).

Harry

Old July 30th, 2008 Jul 30, 2008 6:40:56 PM -   #6 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

That would be about the cheapest thing I have had to buy for this machine..Is this something
you sell? Thanks again for your help!

Old July 30th, 2008 Jul 30, 2008 7:04:27 PM -   #7 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shore Stitches
That would be about the cheapest thing I have had to buy for this machine..Is this something
you sell? Thanks again for your help!

We do have the print head ribbon cables in stock. I'm sure you can also find them at DTG dealers.

Harry

Old July 31st, 2008 Jul 31, 2008 4:58:11 AM -   #8 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Don
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Thanks for helping out Harry. I'm with you on the damaged ribbon cable diagnosis. The other concern I have is that the cable may have been shorted out from the incident described above and that could also lead to a damaged motherboard.

Old July 31st, 2008 Jul 31, 2008 1:52:01 PM -   #9 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

And what does a mother board cost? This does not sound good! I really appreciate all the help!

Old August 1st, 2008 Aug 1, 2008 5:02:14 AM -   #10 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Don
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
And what does a mother board cost?
Not sure, tech support should be able to give you the price. Please note (EVERYONE) that you should not only power off a printer when working on it (or any electronic) but also unplug it from the outlet. An incident like you described above can not only lead to damaged equipment, on higher voltage items it can even lead to electrocution.

Old August 6th, 2008 Aug 6, 2008 7:19:26 AM -   #11 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

I know this post is late in the game but we had an issue with our HM-1 that caused some headaches too. Same flashing lights and error warnings. We thought it might be the cables too but in reality it was a screw that held the print head in place. It was stripped and the head was moving up slightly when it would go through its start up routine. Would get to capping station and then stop because the print head was being moved out of position and a good seal was not achieved. Was very frustrating but an easy fix. Your issues may be different, but it goes to show you never know what might be causing the issue. And it is not always the obvious so called normal textbook problems that the tech may ask you to check.

The Following User Says Thank You to Wags For This Useful Post:
Shore Stitches (August 6th, 2008)
Old August 6th, 2008 Aug 6, 2008 2:48:57 PM -   #12 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Thanks for the response. I have talked to the Tech at Pantograms were I bought the machine and he seems
to think it may be a chip burned out or the ribbon cable. At any rate we are going to Florida with the machine and having it up graded, fixed and some further training. He says I will love my machine after this trip. And you are right it isn't always the obvious, it actually seems like with these machines it rarely is the obvious.

This is a discussion about Kiosk DTG PROBLEMS that was posted in the DTG Brand section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:

Log-in