[DTG Kiosk II] New everything... still won't print! - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > DTG Brand
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future DTG Brand garment printer owners.

[DTG Kiosk II] New everything... still won't print!

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old July 23rd, 2008 Jul 23, 2008 8:07:11 PM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Unhappy [DTG Kiosk II] New everything... still won't print!

I had problems getting ink to flow through to the print head. I was told to buy a new print head, new dampers, new ink lines and new ink. I've done all of that yesterday and today I still cannot get a nozzle check that is even 50% clean. I've done 50+ head cleanings, 20 nozzle checks and printed the actual image onto garments, only to have the same results as I did with the old print head, ink lines, ink and dampers. I've cleaned the capping station, waste ink pad, wiper blade, encoder strip, etc. but keep having the same dismal results. I've also double checked the dampers, lines for kinks, bottles for clean air holes, valves, etc. Please help with any suggestions.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 23rd, 2008 Jul 23, 2008 8:28:34 PM -   #2 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: BobbieLee
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Thanked 1,638 Times in 1,068 Posts

Default Re: New everything... still won't print!

What machine do you have and exactly what is it doing? is it doing head cleans where you can see the ink in the waste bottle?

Is it printing at all?

Old July 23rd, 2008 Jul 23, 2008 8:35:07 PM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Member

DTG Kiosk II. I can see ink in the waste bottle. It will print one "OK" image, but nothing after that. I tried running the same garment through multiple times, but never got much change. I have been working on this for over 8 hours with no solution.

Old July 23rd, 2008 Jul 23, 2008 9:16:52 PM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Zhen

If the problem exist after 3-4 headcleans, dont bother with anymore. It'll simply waste more ink and cause you more grey hairs!

I think you should try and replacement eveyrthing else now, including the capping station, wiperblade,etc. Anything that which touches the ink.

Old July 23rd, 2008 Jul 23, 2008 11:41:15 PM -   #5 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: BobbieLee
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Thanked 1,638 Times in 1,068 Posts

I too am thinking Zhenjie may be right and it could either be the capping station or pump assembly. It sounds like you are not getting enough pull on your ink which would point to either of those. Did you just buy the machine, or has it worked correctly before this? Have you tried raising your ink bottles up a little to see if you can get better flow this way?

Old July 24th, 2008 Jul 24, 2008 2:06:35 AM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Member

Unhappy Re: New everything... still won't print!

The machine was purchased new in February of this year. I am leasing it from the owner to try it out as a potential business. What is weird is it worked fine for him and it also worked fine for us after printing on 80+ black shirts! Then one garment just didn't print and that is when this all started. Now, after speaking with several "support" people from different companies, getting all the new parts, and even getting the guys over here who own the machine, everyone is baffled as to why this is happening. I have cleaned out the capping station, replaced the felt pad, cleaned the wiper blade. They are all in good condition with no cracks or anything. With over $1,000 invested already, I am beginning to think this is a waste of time and money.

Old July 24th, 2008 Jul 24, 2008 2:10:19 AM -   #7 (permalink)
T-Shirt Member

New symptom...does anyone know if the dampers have to be completely full at all times??? If so, mine are not and pushing the ink fill doesn't do anything.

Old July 24th, 2008 Jul 24, 2008 4:33:10 AM -   #8 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Don
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

I would suspect that the issue may be the pump assembly or capping station. Can you email me ([email protected]) pictures of the printed shirts (good and then bad)? Also, I'd like to see a picture of your nozzle check (printed on white paper, I'm more concerned with the colors right now).

Hope I can help!

Old July 24th, 2008 Jul 24, 2008 5:30:51 AM -   #9 (permalink)
T-Shirt Member

I don't have a "good" t-shirt on hand since all the acceptable ones were delivered already (only 82 out of 200). Also, had to forfeit another job because of this same problem. I am scanning the copy of the nozzle check now. Thanks for your help.

Old July 24th, 2008 Jul 24, 2008 5:39:37 AM -   #10 (permalink)
T-Shirt Member

If the problem is the pump assembly, can it be fixed on site or does it require a new pump? Can you say "money pit??"

Old July 24th, 2008 Jul 24, 2008 6:40:50 AM -   #11 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

The pump assembly, capping station, and wiper cost less than $50 for all of them and can be installed in 20 minutes or so, usually by an operator.

Hope this helps!

Old July 24th, 2008 Jul 24, 2008 7:02:13 AM -   #12 (permalink)
T-Shirt Member

Don, did you get the picture of the nozzle check? I know it's faint. That's precisely the problem. I read in one of the forums that someone actually printed on the garment even though the nozzle check wasn't good. We tried that, but only the first t-shirt came out OK, then we lost some color with the next one. Do you think a new pump assembly is the answer? By the way...since we got this machine used, we don't have all the parts that would normally come with a new machine. How is the felt pad in the docking station supposed to look? Ours is black in color, and it is a little firm in texture. Sort of like hard felt. Not sure if it's supposed to feel like this or if this has anything to do with it.

Old July 24th, 2008 Jul 24, 2008 7:27:42 AM -   #13 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

I did not receive your email yet, how big was the attachment? We have a limit of about 10 megs on our server.

Old July 24th, 2008 Jul 24, 2008 8:24:09 AM -   #14 (permalink)
T-Shirt Member

Don-I just spoke with the owners of the machine we are leasing from and they say it's still under warranty, but some software updates are necessary to download for the new ink?? He is burning it to a disk so we can copy it at our location, but he said he would send it in for repairs at his expense since he feels bad we are having such a hard time getting it to work. If I had the machine new, I would know what it is supposed to look like vs. what it looks like now. Tell me, the pump assembly looks to be caked with dried on ink between where the wiper housing is and the pump. No moving parts are covered, but then again, I don't know what it's supposed to look like. Also, the lower part of the wiper blade has a lot of dried ink on it and it looks like it's torn. What is it supposed to look like and is this dried ink OK?

Old July 24th, 2008 Jul 24, 2008 11:00:36 AM -   #15 (permalink)
T-Shirt Member

We've installed new software, supposedly it was required to work with the new white ink. We still are not showing any improvements. Here's what I've noticed when filling the ink. The black ink damper is full, all of the other dampers are about 50%... the black is the only one printing well during a nozzle check. With all valves open and the ink fill button is pressed, there is no change in the dampers. When I close all of the valves, but open one (say yellow) to fill, press the ink fill button, the yellow stays at 50%, but all of the closed ink dampers empty completely. If I then close the yellow, and open Light Magenta, and keep all the others closed, the Light Magenta immediately fills up to 50% when I open the valve, but will not fill up when I press the ink fill button. It stays at 50% and all the other inks, including yellow, empty out of the dampers. So whichever valve is open, no ink will fill. Whichever valves are closed, all dampers empty during an ink fill, but return to 50% full when the valve is reopened. Any Suggestions?

This is a discussion about [DTG Kiosk II] New everything... still won't print! that was posted in the DTG Brand section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:

Log-in