[DTG Kiosk II] New everything... still won't print! - Page 2 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > DTG Brand
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future DTG Brand garment printer owners.

[DTG Kiosk II] New everything... still won't print!

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old July 26th, 2008 Jul 26, 2008 8:37:00 AM -   #16 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Z
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: New everything... still won't print!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayanything
We've installed new software, supposedly it was required to work with the new white ink. We still are not showing any improvements. Here's what I've noticed when filling the ink. The black ink damper is full, all of the other dampers are about 50%... the black is the only one printing well during a nozzle check. With all valves open and the ink fill button is pressed, there is no change in the dampers. When I close all of the valves, but open one (say yellow) to fill, press the ink fill button, the yellow stays at 50%, but all of the closed ink dampers empty completely. If I then close the yellow, and open Light Magenta, and keep all the others closed, the Light Magenta immediately fills up to 50% when I open the valve, but will not fill up when I press the ink fill button. It stays at 50% and all the other inks, including yellow, empty out of the dampers. So whichever valve is open, no ink will fill. Whichever valves are closed, all dampers empty during an ink fill, but return to 50% full when the valve is reopened. Any Suggestions?
One thing you may check...if you installed your dampers, did you make sure that the little "O"(where the line enters the damper) rings were properly possitioned? I'm thinking that you might be "sucking air", which may account for the half filled dampers. this may be introducing foam into the print head and making it so it will not fire. Just an idea

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 26th, 2008 Jul 26, 2008 12:24:20 PM -   #17 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Allen
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: New everything... still won't print!

Also if you replaced your print head, did you clip off the plastic guides on the front side of the printhead? In other words, in the center you see a plastic thin post that sticks up, On the left and right of this post you will see smaller "L" shaped post which in the Epson world is to guide their 16ml cartridges in. You are supposed to clip the smaller "L" shaped post off of the print head, as these will push the damper up and may cause air to be drawn into the print head causing the ink starvation issue you are getting. There are 6 of these "L" shaped post, 3 to the right of the longer center post which is not an "L" shaped but flat, and there are 3 to the left. Just trim off the "L" shaped post and not the center.

This is a discussion about [DTG Kiosk II] New everything... still won't print! that was posted in the DTG Brand section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:

Log-in