[DTG Kiosk] Printer is working but no ink coming out - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > DTG Brand
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future DTG Brand garment printer owners.

[DTG Kiosk] Printer is working but no ink coming out

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jpat

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old May 13th, 2015 May 13, 2015 5:55:04 PM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Tyler
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Exclamation Printer is working but no ink coming out

Hi all, I'm hoping someone can help me I bought a second hand DTG kiosk. I was aware of the no printing problem and because of the really cheap price I thought I'd give it a go. I've checked the printhead and the jets are clear, but when you send something to print it just goes back and forth and prints nothing.

When I took the printhead out I noticed some of the little metal contacts were bent so I straighten them out, but still nothing. Also when I prime the printheads and lines I don't think the printhead is pressurising properly? I'm not sure of the terminology, but when I run a head clean, shouldn't the ink be drawn into the head? Well it doesn't seem to do anything, but the pump is sucking ink into the ink run off bottle.

So I'm just wondering what I should replace, what are the priorities?

Also I noticed that when I took the motherboard case off the red fuse wire wasn't soldered on properly would this cause any problems?

I can take some photos of parts if needed.

Thanks for your time

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 13th, 2015 May 13, 2015 6:28:20 PM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: Brandt

Default Re: Printer is working but no ink coming out

Quote:
Originally Posted by newspeak
Hi all, I'm hoping someone can help me I bought a second hand DTG kiosk. I was aware of the no printing problem and because of the really cheap price I thought I'd give it a go. I've checked the printhead and the jets are clear, but when you send something to print it just goes back and forth and prints nothing.

When I took the printhead out I noticed some of the little metal contacts were bent so I straighten them out, but still nothing. Also when I prime the printheads and lines I don't think the printhead is pressurising properly? I'm not sure of the terminology, but when I run a head clean, shouldn't the ink be drawn into the head? Well it doesn't seem to do anything, but the pump is sucking ink into the ink run off bottle.

So I'm just wondering what I should replace, what are the priorities?

Also I noticed that when I took the motherboard case off the red fuse wire wasn't soldered on properly would this cause any problems?

I can take some photos of parts if needed.

Thanks for your time
I refurbished my Kiosk and I had two brand new heads, so I just replaced the head, replaced the old ink lines, and began printing. I even got my old head cleared in most of the nozzles by pulling distilled water up from the bottom of the head, the opposite direction of the ink. I totally disassembled the old head and cleaned it - a 6 year old print head.

You should first try a nozzle check on a piece of paper. Do you get any colors?

A head clean will pull ink through the head. You may only be pulling one color or old ink into the bottle.

I would recommend replacing the dampers with refillable cartridges for now. They are $27 on Amazon or eBay for a set. One less variable. Be sure to prime them too!

Sent from my SM-G900T using T-Shirt Forums

Old May 13th, 2015 May 13, 2015 8:22:07 PM -   #3 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Yeah it has the refillable cartridges and the upgraded bottles that sit on the side of the printer. I've been looking on aliexpress and Alibaba for a printhead and there seems to be some decent prices on there (that's where I got a pump and capping station for $50 posted). I think replacing the trailing cable might be handy as well, but they seem to be harder to find.

I tried a nozzle check, but nothing... I don't have any rip software at the moment so I've just been using the printer properties section as I don't want to invest in software that might not be used for some time. If anyone has any cheap alternatives that would be appreciated.

Old May 29th, 2015 May 29, 2015 12:11:06 PM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: John

Quote:
Yeah it has the refillable cartridges and the upgraded bottles that sit on the side of the printer. I've been looking on aliexpress and Alibaba for a printhead and there seems to be some decent prices on there (that's where I got a pump and capping station for $50 posted). I think replacing the trailing cable might be handy as well, but they seem to be harder to find.

I tried a nozzle check, but nothing... I don't have any rip software at the moment so I've just been using the printer properties section as I don't want to invest in software that might not be used for some time. If anyone has any cheap alternatives that would be appreciated.
have you changed the head carriage recently? If not, then it is the red wire that came loose.

The Following User Says Thank You to jpat For This Useful Post:
newspeak (May 31st, 2015)
Old June 1st, 2015 Jun 1, 2015 4:55:04 PM -   #5 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Thumbs up Re: Printer is working but no ink coming out

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpat
have you changed the head carriage recently? If not, then it is the red wire that came loose.
THAT DID IT! It's working! I can't believe that one wire that wasn't soldered stopped the entire thing.
I put a fuse in, but I'm not sure of the exact one? Would you know the proper fuse to use? I've just got a 250v one in there and it seems to be ok? It's the only one I had lying around in that size.

Well now that's taken care of I'm having another little issue that is, when I do a couple prints the error eject light starts flashing and I have to reset the printer... Any ideas?

Thanks for your time I really appreciate it.

Old June 1st, 2015 Jun 1, 2015 5:23:53 PM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: John

Quote:
THAT DID IT! It's working! I can't believe that one wire that wasn't soldered stopped the entire thing.
I put a fuse in, but I'm not sure of the exact one? Would you know the proper fuse to use? I've just got a 250v one in there and it seems to be ok? It's the only one I had lying around in that size.

Well now that's taken care of I'm having another little issue that is, when I do a couple prints the error eject light starts flashing and I have to reset the printer... Any ideas?

Thanks for your time I really appreciate it.
Great!
It is a 1/2 amp fuse or 500ma fuse. Do you have a status monitor for the epson 2200? You will need that, or the adjustment program to determine what the error lights are for.
newspeak likes this.

The Following User Says Thank You to jpat For This Useful Post:
newspeak (June 7th, 2015)
Old June 12th, 2015 Jun 12, 2015 5:15:09 PM -   #7 (permalink)
Forum Member
Be nice, this is my first post :)

You can call me: JEN

got new print head , carraige and belt and runs through the print but no ink comes out also done several cleanings to this Kiosk2 ..I'm new here can someone help please

Old June 13th, 2015 Jun 13, 2015 7:46:33 PM -   #8 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Anthony Bruce Creek
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

If any Radio Shack is open you can get the fuse there. Fry's Electronics has them too I believe

Old June 13th, 2015 Jun 13, 2015 7:48:34 PM -   #9 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

The size that people usually use is 5X20mm

Old August 7th, 2015 Aug 7, 2015 9:33:28 AM -   #10 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Solin

I know I'm a little late on this post, but I'm having the exact same issue. What red wire are u talking about? My Tech guy told me it was a fuse on the motherboard. I was printing like a champ, and my HM1 just stopped shooting ink out. It draws ink from the capping station, but on the other side, no ink comes out. Any help would be great!

Old August 7th, 2015 Aug 7, 2015 9:37:01 AM -   #11 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

I've hard fused on the HM1's, its a hit and a miss on that motherboard but 90% of the time it works

Old August 7th, 2015 Aug 7, 2015 9:54:50 AM -   #12 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Solin

Hard fuse what? This is my issue. People talk to me like i know how to hard fuse! lol.

Old August 7th, 2015 Aug 7, 2015 9:59:06 AM -   #13 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

lol its basically a copy of the small fuse that went out. I believe its the F1 fuse on the printer next to the big metal thing popping out of the board (it doesn't look like a canister fuse, more like a small piece of metal with 2 sides)

Old August 21st, 2015 Aug 21, 2015 1:42:37 PM -   #14 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Swisha

Anyone able to elaborate on this a little more? Just ran I to this issue today with my white ink not ejecting into the capping station. Do you mean the silver box holding all the cmyk chips?

This is a discussion about Printer is working but no ink coming out that was posted in the DTG Brand section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in