DTG Kiosk - no suction on INK FILL - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > DTG Brand
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future DTG Brand garment printer owners.

DTG Kiosk - no suction on INK FILL

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old July 4th, 2008 Jul 4, 2008 3:11:13 PM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Apprentice

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default DTG Kiosk - no suction on INK FILL

I'm new here, folks and although I've had my DTG for a couple of years, I really don't know that much about it.

I just finished a 400 sweatshirt order three weeks ago and rinsed the lines and dampers out with distilled water when complete. It's been sitting idle since.

Now I have another order due NEXT Friday and the machine will not suck anything through the tubes. I have manually ensured that the lines and dampers are clear (2 new ones, even) with still no results.

I'm desperately looking for a quick diagnosis here.

It's the old 7 bottle model, and I'm not printing any white ink.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 4th, 2008 Jul 4, 2008 3:13:00 PM -   #2 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Thanked 1,314 Times in 1,080 Posts

Default Re: DTG Kiosk - no suction on INK FILL

Could be the print head is clogged. Give a little suction from the supply side to suck the clog back out. Also, a little cleaning solution in the capping station might help.

Old July 4th, 2008 Jul 4, 2008 3:15:26 PM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Apprentice

Thanks... I'm embarrassed to say that I don't know what the capping station is.

And how do I provide suction from the supply side?

Old July 4th, 2008 Jul 4, 2008 8:42:05 PM -   #4 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Thanked 1,314 Times in 1,080 Posts

with the machine off, push the print head over. the thing it sits in is the capping station. it should have some rainbow ink colors in it.

again with the machine off, slide the print head over and use a syringe like this 2 Tsp. Oral Syringe with Cleaning Brush | Walgreens | Walgreens on the ink line from the bottle and suck the stuff back out.

Old July 5th, 2008 Jul 5, 2008 5:38:09 AM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Allen

Quote:
Originally Posted by binki
with the machine off, push the print head over. the thing it sits in is the capping station. it should have some rainbow ink colors in it.

again with the machine off, slide the print head over and use a syringe like this 2 Tsp. Oral Syringe with Cleaning Brush | Walgreens | Walgreens on the ink line from the bottle and suck the stuff back out.

Chances are that only your capping station is dirty. Make sure that the seal around the capping station is clean. If none of your lines are pulling any ink than I would lean towards the issue being the caping station.

Unless you are familiar with drawing ink through using syringes, I'd abstain from doing that. The possibilty of you getting liquid on the ribbon cables is hightened, And if you get any liquid on the ribbon ables than you will fry the head cable and there exists a 90 % cahnce you will fry the main board out as well.

Clean the capping station, use your syringe with cleaning solution that is heated in the microwave, and then take a whole syringe full and pour it on the pad of the capping station and then press the INK FILL button to allow the solution to draw down, cleaning the tubes under the capping station.

Repeat this process and make sure that the solution is drawing down thrugh the capping station, and that is draws down quickly.

Call your tech support to go over what you should watch out for when doing some of these procedures from the forum.

It will save you thousands of dollars, confirming before commiting.

Old July 5th, 2008 Jul 5, 2008 11:14:20 AM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Apprentice

Thanks, folks.

The capping station is drawing cleaning solution rapidly. I have again flushed out the lines and am now getting *very* slow suction on the blank and yellow lines but nothing else.

This seems to be a printhead issue. What can I try next?

Old July 8th, 2008 Jul 8, 2008 4:52:50 AM -   #7 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Allen

Quote:
Originally Posted by djheath
Thanks, folks.

The capping station is drawing cleaning solution rapidly. I have again flushed out the lines and am now getting *very* slow suction on the blank and yellow lines but nothing else.

This seems to be a printhead issue. What can I try next?

What color lines are drawing? Swap the dampers with the ones that are not drawing on ink fill. For example...

If Cyan and Yellow are the only ones that are drawing on ink fill, then swap those dampers and put them on Magenta and Black, and see if it draws then. If it does then the Black and Magenta dampers would have to be replaced.

Also too put the good drawing lines on each of the white to see if the problem follows, Again if you see that when you put the good flowing lines on the ports where there was no flow during ink fill, that it is now flowing, then those dampers would most likely be clogged and will need to be replaced.

*** BE CAREFUL NOT TO GET ANY INK ON TOP OF THE PRINT HEAD***

When ever you remove any damper off of it's port on top of the print head, be sure to close the line first, power off the machine, and when removing the damper, be careful not to squeeze the bladder of the damper. If any ink or fluid of any kind is visible on the top of the print head, immediately wipe it off.

Any Liquid that gets on the print head can and usually will find its way to the gray ribbon cables that are located on the right hand side of the print head. If liquid gets on those cables, you will fry the ribbon cable which is a bugger to replace, and 90% of the time you will fry the main board.

The Following User Says Thank You to [email protected] For This Useful Post:
Don-ColDesi (July 8th, 2008)
Old July 8th, 2008 Jul 8, 2008 4:57:51 AM -   #8 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Don
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Good information Chris, thanks for picking up my slack!

This is a discussion about DTG Kiosk - no suction on INK FILL that was posted in the DTG Brand section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:

Log-in