Programs Used with your Kiosk - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > DTG Brand
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future DTG Brand garment printer owners.

Programs Used with your Kiosk

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old July 2nd, 2008 Jul 2, 2008 4:36:44 AM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Jenifer
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Programs Used with your Kiosk

I am curious if anyone can give me advice on which program to use with my Kiosk machine. I have been using Corel and I can not get the hang of it.
What do you recommend as a program to use with my machine to give me the best color and easiest to learn?

Any advice will be great.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 2nd, 2008 Jul 2, 2008 6:47:38 AM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Zhen

Default Re: Programs Used with your Kiosk

Adobe Photoshop has been great for me

Old July 2nd, 2008 Jul 2, 2008 7:04:09 AM -   #3 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Don
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Adobe Photoshop has been great for me
I agree that it is a great program, but experience has shown us that Corel has a shorter learning curve than the Adobe products. My advice for Jenifer would be to consider taking a Corel class at a local college or perhaps getting a DVD/CD based training program to learn Corel.

If you are not proficient with graphics software you cannot expect to be able to print great shirts consistently with a direct to garment printer. The machine can only reproduce what is given to it. My sound cliche' but - "Garbage in, Garbage out" is so true with direct to garment printing.

Old July 2nd, 2008 Jul 2, 2008 7:28:25 AM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

You can call me: Dan

Here is an address for some training on various software programs and there is some "Free" steps on there also
Learning @ Your Own Pace® - lynda.com
Dan

The Following User Says Thank You to YoDan For This Useful Post:
Don-ColDesi (July 2nd, 2008)
Old July 2nd, 2008 Jul 2, 2008 8:08:27 AM -   #5 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Mark
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Thanked 1,637 Times in 1,101 Posts

Also, look at Tom's training CDs at Welcome to AdvancedArtist.com FREE Corel DRAW tutorial training and downloads that a lot of people on these boards talk highly about or check out Garment Graphics Network's complete set of CDs.

Page 36 of the dtg 101 document (www.multirip.com/dtg101.pdf) goes over exactly what Don and Dan mentioned above.

Old July 2nd, 2008 Jul 2, 2008 9:06:37 AM -   #6 (permalink)
Former Member
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: Brian

I can tell you that Tom's training videos are well worth it! You could also check out these ones on youtube
YouTube - alexisgalvez's Channel

Old July 2nd, 2008 Jul 2, 2008 9:21:58 AM -   #7 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Allen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lbloves24
I am curious if anyone can give me advice on which program to use with my Kiosk machine. I have been using Corel and I can not get the hang of it.
What do you recommend as a program to use with my machine to give me the best color and easiest to learn?

Any advice will be great.

Hello Jen:

I understand the learning curve that exists with these graphic programs. And it does not matter which art program you get, the learning cure remains the same across the board. There is a website where you can purchase a complete training in DVD format, which is very user friendly and trains you not just on tips and trick that you may get from a blog. These tips and tricks will be hard to understand and incorporate unless you have the fundamentals understood on how to use the different tools for art manipulation. These DVD's will provide triaing from the ground up.

The training for Corel Draw is 12.5 Hours in length on this DVD, and it does not cost the $499.00 for the DVD collection that Corel puts out, which I might add is also 12.5 hours in length. The trianing DVD from VTC costs only 99.00 plus shipping. They also put out a training DVD for Adobe Photoshop CS2, CS3, and Adobe Illustrator. The link is included below.

CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X3 Tutorials

Old July 2nd, 2008 Jul 2, 2008 4:54:32 PM -   #8 (permalink)
T-Shirt Fan

http://www.coreldrawunleashed.com/co...e2008Flyer.pdf

Don

Old July 3rd, 2008 Jul 3, 2008 6:45:34 AM -   #9 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Allen

coreldraw unleashed won't work as it is an electronic how to. You read a chapter and then try to appropriate what you've learned in your CorelDraw. Now that's not the problem, I own the unleashed program and think it is great, the only problem here is the fact you have to READ. The normal tendancy of any modern owner of any of these machines is to be shown, for a good demo to be given, the moment we have to read something our interest goes down and we don't invest the time in it.

I know this as I am one of those that values time, and just cannot commit to sitting down and reading a chapter and then practice practice practice... I would rather be taught via teacher student venue, or something like the VTC program I spoke about in my last posts.

But CorelDraw Unleashed is a great resource for those who do not scurry about looking for cliff notes in lieu of reading the book.

This is a discussion about Programs Used with your Kiosk that was posted in the DTG Brand section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:

Log-in