MESA customers, KIOSK & HM-1 USERS IN HERE - Page 4 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > DTG Brand
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future DTG Brand garment printer owners.

MESA customers, KIOSK & HM-1 USERS IN HERE

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old June 19th, 2008 Jun 19, 2008 5:55:28 PM -   #46 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Marc
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: MESA customers, KIOSK & HM-1 USERS IN HERE

There are several of us producing excellent high quality products with our HM1's. You may have a lemon, it does happen, but even if it is, it would not take much to return it to proper condition. A board or two, a motor or two, things like that.

Can you post pics of some shirts you think are substandard quality? Some of us may be able to help. Had you ever seen one of these machines produce a shirt you thought was high quality, before you made your purchase? Have you gone to training?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 19th, 2008 Jun 19, 2008 7:23:57 PM -   #47 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: BobbieLee
Thanked 1,638 Times in 1,068 Posts

Also can you post what your method is for printing and if doing whitea ink, also your pretreatment method. If you can list the steps in pretreatment and your printer settings we may be able help with some ideas.

Old June 20th, 2008 Jun 20, 2008 12:40:51 AM -   #48 (permalink)
Be nice, this is my first post :)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

what type of shirt are you printing on. what is the size of the yarn. does it have a softener or a silicon finish.

i too have seen the thin lines but in tones of light blue and have noticed issues w/ shading w/in a color light color.

although i have more questions than answers i'm hoping that someone can help. who is the master than can answer these questons??? thanks.

Old June 20th, 2008 Jun 20, 2008 4:31:18 AM -   #49 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Don
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
You may also try to download the trial version of multirip, do some test printing and see if it changes with a different software.
FYI - MultiRIP and RIP Pro are the same basic package written by Fred P that posts here, if there are issues with RIP Pro, there also issues with MultiRIP and vice-versa.

I made the same suggestion that Harry did, try a different PC which I beleive EE was going to try. Thanks everybody for your input on this one.

Happy Printing!

Old June 20th, 2008 Jun 20, 2008 9:38:25 AM -   #50 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Don speaks the truth.

Just an observation in my defense. Just because the Epson driver does not show the ghosting, it does not mean that it's the RIP's fault.

The RIP's colors are "cranked up" and it uses the largest spot-size available on that engine to achieve the most saturation it can. The native driver does not do this as it is programmed to print on paper which requires MUCH less ink to produce an image. So, if the ghost is in the artwork, for instance, it will be too faint for the Epson driver to reproduce on cotton but it might show up when using RIP Pro because, like I said, the colors are cranked up. This can cause even a slight shadowy area to be intensified. I'm not saying that's what's happening (indeed I don't know for sure why it's doing that) but it's something to be aware of. To eliminate this as a possibility, one could print the exact same file with the exact same settings to an unmodified Epson R2400 and see what it looks like. You could print-to-file with the Epson driver and send the print file to someone with a 2400. The other party could then use PrinterJockey or similar app to send the print file to their Epson driver.

-- Fred

Last edited by FredP; June 20th, 2008 at 09:55 AM..

Old June 20th, 2008 Jun 20, 2008 12:04:31 PM -   #51 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: BobbieLee
Thanked 1,638 Times in 1,068 Posts

Since you are printing with the hm1, if you would like to send me the file, I can print it to see if it is just the file.

Let me know, I would be more than happy to help

Old June 22nd, 2008 Jun 22, 2008 9:29:30 AM -   #52 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Mark
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Thanked 1,637 Times in 1,101 Posts

MultiRIP will not run the 2400 based dtg printers - which is what the HM1 is. Also, different printers will run at different resolutions depending on their dot size. So unfortunately, you can't really compare one RIP running on a different printer model to another one. Hopefully, the problem can be resolved real soon for you. Best wishes.

Old June 23rd, 2008 Jun 23, 2008 9:32:44 AM -   #53 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don-SWF East
15,000 shirts a year is about 300 a week or 60 a day, broken down to hourly it's about 8 per hour or one every 7-8 minutes. The Kiosk is perfectly capable of doing this, given a typical mix of light/white vs. dark shirts. I tell my customers to calculate a dime (10 cents) per shirt for "consumables" of the machine above the cost of ink, this will cover the costs you are mentioning. I'm not sure what you are suggesting by saying "not up to the kob", but my answer would be that if you determined that either the equipment or the operator cannot handle a certain job type or volume that you would not take on that type of job again until you have a resolution as to why you were not able to do the job and then determined that it was a limitation of the machine/software/operator. As you have discredited me because I sell the machines, I will now return the favor, if you printed 15,000 shirts with your Kiosk in a year and then claim that you can make more money screen printing in an hour than a week with your Kiosk I say that you are either extremely wealthy or you are pulling our leg a bit here for effect?!?!?! If you printed 300 shirts per week at $5 profit per shirt (low end of typical for the average direct to garment job) you would be making $1500 per week with a DTG. If you made $1500 per hour with your screen printing press you would be making $60,000 per week with each press - OR - $3,000,000 per year with EACH PRESS. In regards to relyuing on these machines for a living as opposed to just selling them I think that you're a bit off base. I 100% rely on DTG printers to feed my family, I spend a huge part of my work week working with helping folks keep their machines profitable. Again, 90%+ of the tech support issues we address are maintenance/training related, cold hard fact. Yes, there are issues that are neither maintenance/training related, but they are far from the norm, and rarely global. Is direct to garment printing perfected yet? No. Is it a viable garment decoration solution, especially when used in the proper context? Absolutely.
I truly hope you are able to get your issues resolved, if not, please feel free to contact me via PM or email ([email protected]) or by phone 1+(813)832-6830 ext 122 and I will do what I can to help and interface with your distributor or the manufacturer if need be.
Have a Great Day.
Thanks Don, I was having a great day until the CF motor on my HM1 died.
The numbers I quoted were figurative, not literal, but yes, it is possible to make $1500 an hour on a carousel, just not every hour of the day, and to suggest so would be foolish. To extrapolate from these figures even more so.
It seems that in the US the training is a lot more thorough than over here - when I received my HM1 the manual was a Kiosk manual with some paragraphs changed, many of them erroneously.
There was no formal training. It would be easy to start blaming the distributor who is clearly at fault, but again, there is only one distributor in the UK - you can't bite the hand that feeds you. I purposely mention no names.
It seems that the shortcomings of the HM1s are always blamed on the operator - this is not so. Cold hard fact.

This is a discussion about MESA customers, KIOSK & HM-1 USERS IN HERE that was posted in the DTG Brand section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:

Log-in