MESA customers, KIOSK & HM-1 USERS IN HERE - Page 3 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > DTG Brand
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future DTG Brand garment printer owners.

MESA customers, KIOSK & HM-1 USERS IN HERE

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old June 16th, 2008 Jun 16, 2008 10:16:19 PM -   #31 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: MESA customers, KIOSK & HM-1 USERS IN HERE

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnydayz
I wanted to respond to this post as another HM1 owner. I do not have any problems printing with my HM1. I knew what to expect before purchase and I have gotten exactly what I expected. Does it use ink doing auto cleans? Yes, all dtg machines do. Do you need to keep up maintenance to keep it printing properly? Yes as is with all dtg machines. Will the white ink clog if not used? Yes it will in all dtg machines.

I have not had any problems with my dampers what so ever, but I do have the original dampers so I cant speak on the cartridges as I dont have them. As far as the rip software and getting upgrades, If you become a member of the dtg forum it is available there each time it is upgraded. I have never had to call anyone to get this, I just go over there and download the upgrades. Pretty much all of the companies that sell dtg printers have the same system. They load their rip upgrades to their forums and the members are welcome to go download them.

I have had 2 problems within a year from my machine and both were fixed very quickly. I have never had anything but good results when having a problem. Maybe if you can list exactly what your problem is someone can help. There are a lot of really helpful people here, that would be glad to offer advice if they think they can help, but they need more information as to your specific problem.
Hi Sunnydayz,
I'm glad you've had such a positive experience with your HM1. I am also a member of the DTG forums, but I've never seen an upgrade for PrintPro on there - maybe I'm looking in the wrong place. Also, I saw on the forum that you had to replace a printhead and motherboard on your HM1. This is not a cheap repair - I would estimate $1000 - would you consider this fair on a year old machine? And it's certainly not a cost you'd anticipate.
I knew all about the maintenance routines before we bought the Kiosk and the HM1, and I'm fully aware that not using the white ink clogs the system - hence the introduction of the flawed WIMs system. When I approached the supplier who fitted the WIMs to our Kiosk ( another $700) and told them we still getting a build up of gunk in the bottom of the ink tank I was told that yes, they were worried about it and a were looking at a solution. That was a year ago.....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 16th, 2008 Jun 16, 2008 10:34:34 PM -   #32 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Adam
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

That is Terrible Al, yes I agree $800 for a motherboard in the Kiosk is ridiculous. I would only image the HM-1 is just as expensive?

Old June 16th, 2008 Jun 16, 2008 10:56:42 PM -   #33 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Marc

Her motherboard was replaced under warranty, and she would be the first to tell you that it was her fault the head went bad. The updates she was referring to are for RIP Pro not Print Pro, which we have not used in the states for a couple of years.

Sounds like the biggest part of your problem is the distributor, which all to often is the case in this industry.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Printzilla For This Useful Post:
sunnydayz (June 17th, 2008)

Old June 17th, 2008 Jun 17, 2008 7:09:28 AM -   #34 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Don
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
That's great Don - we also print around 15000 a year with a Kiosk - but that's what they're supposed to do!
The printers I have were bought as tools, and as with any other tools that I own they are looked after. In return I expect them to do what the salesman told me. They don't. As for saying 90% of problems are caused by lack of maintenance - OK, how many are caused by the equipment not being up to the job? As a dealer you're going to say zero, but in the real world the figure would be an easy 50%.
And the business plan rubbish - do you tell potential customers how much expensive inks they're going to flush down the drain, how much a new printhead / motherboard / set of dampers is going to cost you? Nope, because until you use the things you don't realise the true costs involved. Huge rewards? I don't think so. I can make more in a hour screenprinting that I can in a week with a Kiosk. This has turned into a huge rant because I spent another day today stripping down my Kiosk, with my HM-1 sat next to it not putting down a decent white. With all due respect Don, until you rely on one of these things, instead of just selling them, I don't think you can comment further.
15,000 shirts a year is about 300 a week or 60 a day, broken down to hourly it's about 8 per hour or one every 7-8 minutes. The Kiosk is perfectly capable of doing this, given a typical mix of light/white vs. dark shirts. I tell my customers to calculate a dime (10 cents) per shirt for "consumables" of the machine above the cost of ink, this will cover the costs you are mentioning. I'm not sure what you are suggesting by saying "not up to the kob", but my answer would be that if you determined that either the equipment or the operator cannot handle a certain job type or volume that you would not take on that type of job again until you have a resolution as to why you were not able to do the job and then determined that it was a limitation of the machine/software/operator. As you have discredited me because I sell the machines, I will now return the favor, if you printed 15,000 shirts with your Kiosk in a year and then claim that you can make more money screen printing in an hour than a week with your Kiosk I say that you are either extremely wealthy or you are pulling our leg a bit here for effect?!?!?! If you printed 300 shirts per week at $5 profit per shirt (low end of typical for the average direct to garment job) you would be making $1500 per week with a DTG. If you made $1500 per hour with your screen printing press you would be making $60,000 per week with each press - OR - $3,000,000 per year with EACH PRESS. In regards to relyuing on these machines for a living as opposed to just selling them I think that you're a bit off base. I 100% rely on DTG printers to feed my family, I spend a huge part of my work week working with helping folks keep their machines profitable. Again, 90%+ of the tech support issues we address are maintenance/training related, cold hard fact. Yes, there are issues that are neither maintenance/training related, but they are far from the norm, and rarely global. Is direct to garment printing perfected yet? No. Is it a viable garment decoration solution, especially when used in the proper context? Absolutely.
I truly hope you are able to get your issues resolved, if not, please feel free to contact me via PM or email ([email protected]) or by phone 1+(813)832-6830 ext 122 and I will do what I can to help and interface with your distributor or the manufacturer if need be.
Have a Great Day.

Old June 17th, 2008 Jun 17, 2008 8:23:32 AM -   #35 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: BobbieLee
Thanked 1,638 Times in 1,068 Posts

Mark is correct, My motherboard was covered by my warranty. As far as i'm concerned as long as the company stands behind their product (which they did) and fixes my machine when something goes bad, that is what matters to me. Mark also stands correct that I did clog my own printhead by not doing what I should have been doing I let the ink sit in it and it clogged. This is one of the reasons I stress to do the maintenance to everyone so much, I didnt listen to my own advice due to other things in my life that made me loose focus. I can say though that the printhead that I finally clogged lasted almost a year, so not bad And that was the first clog I had ever had.

Mark is also right that I was referring to rip pro, which has a link in the download section of the dtg forum.

Thanks Mark

I also wanted to add that I agree with Mark about the distributors, I myself have helped certain people that have had issues with their particular distributor not helping enough or not giving proper training, but as far as Mesa goes or SWF west (who I bought my machine from) I have never had any issues.

Old June 18th, 2008 Jun 18, 2008 1:21:44 PM -   #36 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Plase try printing in uni-directional mode. If this makes the ghosting disappear, then for some reason the platen is too far away from the print head. Please try it and post back.

-- Fred

Old June 19th, 2008 Jun 19, 2008 9:51:36 AM -   #37 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

I wanna thank Don from SWF for going above and beyond (IMO) yesterday afternoon with me on the phone trying to help me diagnose my problem. He walked me through printing from the driver, completely uninstalling RIP and all the drivers and re installing everything properly. Unfortunately, the problem remains, however Don helped me get in contact with techs in Australia so I will see how that goes.

Back to the list of things I have tried,

-The printer is on a flat surface
-I have printed Uni directionally - problem still occurs
-changed the print quality
-printed directly from the driver - problem did not occur, however after uninstalling then re installing everything, the problem did re occur.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EEmbroidered For This Useful Post:
Don-ColDesi (June 19th, 2008), sunnydayz (June 19th, 2008)
Old June 19th, 2008 Jun 19, 2008 10:08:33 AM -   #38 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Don
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Thanks for the kind words, I'm sorry we didn't get it resolved yesterday, but, I'm certain we will get to the bottom of the problem. Let me know how else I can help.

The Following User Says Thank You to Don-ColDesi For This Useful Post:
sunnydayz (June 19th, 2008)
Old June 19th, 2008 Jun 19, 2008 10:20:59 AM -   #39 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: BobbieLee
Thanked 1,638 Times in 1,068 Posts

Thanks to both of you for coming back and updating I am really interested to find out what is causing this. Its a very stange problem I have not seen with any of the machines. I will be watching and hopefully you will get your issue resolved by the tech

Old June 19th, 2008 Jun 19, 2008 12:26:03 PM -   #40 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Yeh, Im still waiting for the techs at Mesa in Fort Worth to call me back with their diagnoses.

Old June 19th, 2008 Jun 19, 2008 2:54:11 PM -   #41 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Harry
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Thanked 1,075 Times in 922 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEmbroidered
I wanna thank Don from SWF for going above and beyond (IMO) yesterday afternoon with me on the phone trying to help me diagnose my problem. He walked me through printing from the driver, completely uninstalling RIP and all the drivers and re installing everything properly. Unfortunately, the problem remains, however Don helped me get in contact with techs in Australia so I will see how that goes.

Back to the list of things I have tried,

-The printer is on a flat surface
-I have printed Uni directionally - problem still occurs
-changed the print quality
-printed directly from the driver - problem did not occur, however after uninstalling then re installing everything, the problem did re occur.

I do find it curious that when you printed directly from the driver the blurring problem did not occur. It may point then to a problem with
a) the RIP Pro software
b) your computer

I believe you had posted that you did install a new version of the RIP Pro. I would suggest that you try loading the software on a different computer and try printing from the new computer and see if the problem persists.

Harry

Old June 19th, 2008 Jun 19, 2008 3:31:31 PM -   #42 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Z
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

You may also try to download the trial version of multirip, do some test printing and see if it changes with a different software.

Old June 19th, 2008 Jun 19, 2008 3:41:07 PM -   #43 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

I also have a HM-1 I am having problems with. I cannot get a consistant good print. I am on the phone with tech support all the time. My white ink mixer is also broke. My heat press broke. They are sending someone out to fix things. I am really scared I am not yet to my sixty days and have already lost a few jobs due to the down time. My trust is burnt! I feel like I got taken.

Old June 19th, 2008 Jun 19, 2008 4:18:17 PM -   #44 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Reign

On occasion a fifty thousand dollar vehicle is a lemon ...it's unfortunate ...but it happens. There are laws that protect the buyer from this.
Maybe ...just maybe ...you need a replacement, seriously... how long should someone have to go on with a machine
that just doesn't work properly? It's a shame they don't have better technical support ..but that isnt the consumers fault.
I will continue to follow this thread also ...til now I was interested in a DTG ...im not so sure anymore.

Old June 19th, 2008 Jun 19, 2008 4:30:04 PM -   #45 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

The support people are really helpful. That is not the problem for me.. I just can't seem to get my machine to produce shirts that I feel are quality. THis machine does not work like they said it should. I clean it all the time try all the different settings. I want it to work so bad. But it doesn't.

This is a discussion about MESA customers, KIOSK & HM-1 USERS IN HERE that was posted in the DTG Brand section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:

Log-in