[DTG Brand] White Ink Not "Thick" Enough After Prints. Need help! - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > DTG Brand
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future DTG Brand garment printer owners.

[DTG Brand] White Ink Not "Thick" Enough After Prints. Need help!

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old October 23rd, 2014 Oct 23, 2014 9:16:22 AM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default White Ink Not "Thick" Enough After Prints. Need help!

We just received a second DTG M2 machine, which works with no problem, but the older DTG M2 has a problem printing White inks with full volume.

Both models have the same RIP settings and same firmware as well on two separate computers. I read in the manual that it maybe the WIMS filter being clogged causing the White Ink to not be thick enough. So, I changed the WIMS filter but the White Ink problem kept occurring. It definitely was not lack of treatment because I used the same shirt on the newer printer and it was much better.

What could be the problem?

EDIT: BTW, nozzle checks come out perfect, so it's not that as well and it's a new print head(only a month old).

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 23rd, 2014 Oct 23, 2014 12:24:41 PM -   #2 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

is a forum sponsor who has contributed over 1000 helpful posts in the forums!

You can call me: Don
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Default Re: White Ink Not "Thick" Enough After Prints. Need help!

When did you last replace your white dampers?

Old October 23rd, 2014 Oct 23, 2014 5:18:31 PM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

We did change some dampers about a month and a half ago but I need to contact my boss tomorrow about that because we did it together but i dont know if it was the CMYK we changed or the whites.

Is it possible to have this happen on shirts that are worn out? It gets hard to determine if its a treatment problem or a printing problem since both outputs can be either/or.

Old October 27th, 2014 Oct 27, 2014 5:21:19 AM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

It turns out that it was the shirt itself that was causing this problem. The shirts that are marked as 'Heavyweight Cotton' tends to have this problem.

The Following User Says Thank You to Ricky89 For This Useful Post:
Don-ColDesi (October 30th, 2014)
Old November 7th, 2014 Nov 7, 2014 4:36:45 PM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Tim

I always try and make sure my white ink setting is set to strong when I print those think cheap shirts
That might help also

Old November 8th, 2014 Nov 8, 2014 4:45:31 AM -   #6 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Harry
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Thanked 1,074 Times in 921 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky89
It turns out that it was the shirt itself that was causing this problem. The shirts that are marked as 'Heavyweight Cotton' tends to have this problem.

What shirt were you using that you had a problem with?

_

Old April 10th, 2015 Apr 10, 2015 6:32:01 AM -   #7 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Try to use the Firebird shirt matrix to choose some shirts if it is the case.

Hugs!

Old April 24th, 2015 Apr 24, 2015 8:44:47 AM -   #8 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

I know this is like months later, but @equipmentzone, we use Hanes t-shirts. Treating them can be a pain because the speed of the speedtreater varies with even the size of the shirts. Comfort Soft is another one that can be a nuisance also the red tag Hanes. It's difficult to be able to treat the shirt perfectly for printing and making sure you're not putting too much treatment on the shirt.

Old April 24th, 2015 Apr 24, 2015 9:04:39 AM -   #9 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Harry
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Thanked 1,074 Times in 921 Posts

The SpeedTreater-TX will always continuously lay down the same amount of pretreat when run at the same speed. If you have questions on operating it please contact our support department and they will be happy to go over any details with you.

_

Old June 18th, 2015 Jun 18, 2015 7:15:29 AM -   #10 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: D

Hi, I'm having the same problems when printing on thick fabric.

It seems like it's not laying down enough ink, which is frustrating given that I think I should've been able to choose one more pass or to have it move slower, drop more ink etc.

I'm using the Kothari Print Pro Rip - does anyone know how to maximize white ink output apart from the print layout 'color boost' settings and having spot color gain at max? Can I get the print heads to do another pass or similar?

Best,

Dan

Old July 9th, 2015 Jul 9, 2015 8:35:57 AM -   #11 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grevling4
Hi, I'm having the same problems when printing on thick fabric.

It seems like it's not laying down enough ink, which is frustrating given that I think I should've been able to choose one more pass or to have it move slower, drop more ink etc.

I'm using the Kothari Print Pro Rip - does anyone know how to maximize white ink output apart from the print layout 'color boost' settings and having spot color gain at max? Can I get the print heads to do another pass or similar?

Best,

Dan

Did you ever try putting on more treatment on the shirt? I mean, I'm not sure if you even use treatment but usually, thicker fabrics etc. hoodies, require a bit more treatment onto the shirt. I wouldn't have much knowledge on the RIP program you're using though.

Old July 9th, 2015 Jul 9, 2015 8:37:55 AM -   #12 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky89
Did you ever try putting on more treatment on the shirt? I mean, I'm not sure if you even use treatment but usually, thicker fabrics etc. hoodies, require a bit more treatment onto the shirt. I wouldn't have much knowledge on the RIP program you're using though.
Yeah it works - I think it's just that the fabric that I'm using is really, really poor though. I should try to purchase something that is more comparable to 'normal' store bought clothing.

Old July 31st, 2015 Jul 31, 2015 9:14:48 AM -   #13 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

We use KEYA shirts, the white ink pools up on them so nice it's ridiculous

This is a discussion about White Ink Not "Thick" Enough After Prints. Need help! that was posted in the DTG Brand section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in