[DTG Brand] Anyone who use DTG Printer from China - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > DTG Brand
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future DTG Brand garment printer owners.

[DTG Brand] Anyone who use DTG Printer from China

Like Tree14Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old August 26th, 2014 Aug 26, 2014 8:33:43 PM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Anyone who use DTG Printer from China

Anyone who cares to share their experiences on using DTG printer from China.I am planning start my tshirt printing business and planning to buy dtg printer from China. (I cannot afford branded DTG printer due to my little budget)..I tried to go for silkscreen printing but the process will be difficult for me because I am working in a company.anyway.
DTG Printer from China.
how it works?
hows the quality? I assume some branded dtg printer were manufactured in china(correct me if i am wrong).
Any PRO and CONS?
I have the passion and will..can you still recommend DTG from china..

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 2nd, 2014 Sep 2, 2014 7:50:14 AM -   #2 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Anthony Bruce Creek
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Default Re: Anyone who use DTG Printer from China

China printers suck and they aren't as advanced, electronics are horrible and tech support, forget it. I had a guy crying in my office because it had some weird issue.
JB1579 and DTG Merch like this.

Old September 2nd, 2014 Sep 2, 2014 8:34:22 AM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: mike

Just a FYI that DTG printers take more care and upkeep than any other garment
decorating equipment.
JB1579 likes this.

Old September 9th, 2014 Sep 9, 2014 8:57:56 AM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: mark
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

you get what you pay for.... just saying
Goosam likes this.

The Following User Says Thank You to bilet69 For This Useful Post:
DTGPRINTERPARTS (September 9th, 2014)
Old September 9th, 2014 Sep 9, 2014 1:27:19 PM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB1579
Anyone who cares to share their experiences on using DTG printer from China.I am planning start my tshirt printing business and planning to buy dtg printer from China. (I cannot afford branded DTG printer due to my little budget)..I tried to go for silkscreen printing but the process will be difficult for me because I am working in a company.anyway.
DTG Printer from China.
how it works?
hows the quality? I assume some branded dtg printer were manufactured in china(correct me if i am wrong).
Any PRO and CONS?
I have the passion and will..can you still recommend DTG from china..
A lot of the things we use on a daily basis are manufactured in China, and hold up very well. Billion dollar company's use China. So to simply say that everything in China is garbage is wrong. Where a lot of the bad reputation comes from is when a manufacturer are just in it for the money, and unfortunately China being a manufacturing hub there's plenty of those. China's manufacturing standards are usually set by the consumer, so that leaves a huge gap in quality. What hard is finding the right manufacturer. There are some really great manufacturer's in China, but findng the right one can be challenging. The average consumer doesn't have the time and money to make this process successful, so they rush buy and get burned.

Manufactured Vs Assembled
I love it when a company claims "Made in The USA", when actually most of the key components were manufactured in China and just assembled in the USA. This happens all the time. So don't be misled by this.

I plan on assembling a DIY DTG printer where most of the key components are manufactured in China. I want to bring this to the community here. To prove that you don't have to pay a arm and leg for a great DTG printer.

Here's a couple of videos of the project. Based on a Epson 3880. I also plan putting on a UV led and white ink recycling system. This will be done on my dime, and the knowledge given to you for free.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAvF3D1kFs0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKlRiwBNmTA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OLpafGp1tc

Last edited by killroy; September 10th, 2014 at 07:22 AM..

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to killroy For This Useful Post:
JB1579 (September 10th, 2014), joe83 (September 9th, 2014), Smalzstein (September 9th, 2014)
Old September 9th, 2014 Sep 9, 2014 1:29:37 PM -   #6 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Very true, its not always the case but is most of the time
JB1579 and DTG Merch like this.

Old September 9th, 2014 Sep 9, 2014 4:37:24 PM -   #7 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Here's an updated video of the DIY DTG flatbed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDdE...tyz4XE9Tgiy6Pi
JB1579 likes this.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to killroy For This Useful Post:
JB1579 (September 10th, 2014), Smalzstein (September 10th, 2014)
Old September 24th, 2014 Sep 24, 2014 3:36:42 AM -   #8 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: mamfred

hi, i recenltly buy a uv flatbed from china , is a epson 1500 adaptation, machine came whit main board damage, so i buy fron the same gay the spares part but machine still not working , and don have suppont, is yousee this web page wordlbest trading company , please stay away , this company is a froud . now im try to make my own dtg so im looking for some instructuion on this site

mamfred

Old November 14th, 2014 Nov 14, 2014 5:48:43 PM -   #9 (permalink)
T4R
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

You can call me: Ronald

Hi,

i was in the same position like you, not a lot of budget and willing to start with DTG printing.

i've bought a china printer from a company in china.

It takes a lot of things to sort out to get it runnng (but i read here it is the same with a lot of American brands like the M2.)

The printer i've bought is based on a Epson R1800 and only the things around it is chinese.

The support is reasonable, not really quick and i have the idea they can't speak or write very good english and they use google or Bing translate to understand what you want or what your problemis ( so keep it simple )

The machine is a lot cheaper then european or US brands and this makes it something to think about. Is it worth the pricedifference to get into an adventure like this.

If i have to give the company a rating between 1 and 10 ( 10 is excellent)

i give it for quotations and response on a quotation question an 8
i give it for sales a 6
after sales ( between buying and receiving) a 5
the quality of the machine an 8.5
the RIP a 9
the service contact an 8 (if you have skype it would be working better i suppose)(and they really want to help you out and they prefer to use skype)
getting parts in a 6,5 (takes a while before they send it to you( keep it on a week for a minimum)
printing quality a 9,5

Things i learned in the first few months:
* use a grounded powersocket, it helps to prevent a lot of funny errors ( maybe it would be wise to use a UPC
* if you want to print with white ink better not use a machine based on the R1800 or R1900 (or any other epson with a 30cc inkreservoir) and better look for a 4800 based Epson just because you will need a lot of white ink for a nice solid white layer and the 1800 series can print a large white area but need more then half a tank (in the memory of the printers 30cc) and can run out of ink before you finish your printjob.

Keep in mind that its best to use the printer every day, especially because the white ink must be shaken on a regular base.

(I'm working out a low budget stirring solution for the inktank(s) but this isn't finished yet.)

I don't think i would be better of with a printer from a local dealer except on communication in my own lanquage. The price of a "European" brand would cost me more then 2.5 times the price I payed for a chinese machine with Epson based printertechnique)(included airfreight to Europe)( and about 9 times less expensive then a Anajet)

best regards,

Ronald

Old November 14th, 2014 Nov 14, 2014 6:23:31 PM -   #10 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4R
Hi,

i was in the same position like you, not a lot of budget and willing to start with DTG printing.

i've bought a china printer from a company in china.

It takes a lot of things to sort out to get it runnng (but i read here it is the same with a lot of American brands like the M2.)

The printer i've bought is based on a Epson R1800 and only the things around it is chinese.

The support is reasonable, not really quick and i have the idea they can't speak or write very good english and they use google or Bing translate to understand what you want or what your problemis ( so keep it simple )

The machine is a lot cheaper then european or US brands and this makes it something to think about. Is it worth the pricedifference to get into an adventure like this.

If i have to give the company a rating between 1 and 10 ( 10 is excellent)

i give it for quotations and response on a quotation question an 8
i give it for sales a 6
after sales ( between buying and receiving) a 5
the quality of the machine an 8.5
the RIP a 9
the service contact an 8 (if you have skype it would be working better i suppose)(and they really want to help you out and they prefer to use skype)
getting parts in a 6,5 (takes a while before they send it to you( keep it on a week for a minimum)
printing quality a 9,5

Things i learned in the first few months:
* use a grounded powersocket, it helps to prevent a lot of funny errors ( maybe it would be wise to use a UPC
* if you want to print with white ink better not use a machine based on the R1800 or R1900 (or any other epson with a 30cc inkreservoir) and better look for a 4800 based Epson just because you will need a lot of white ink for a nice solid white layer and the 1800 series can print a large white area but need more then half a tank (in the memory of the printers 30cc) and can run out of ink before you finish your printjob.

Keep in mind that its best to use the printer every day, especially because the white ink must be shaken on a regular base.

(I'm working out a low budget stirring solution for the inktank(s) but this isn't finished yet.)

I don't think i would be better of with a printer from a local dealer except on communication in my own lanquage. The price of a "European" brand would cost me more then 2.5 times the price I payed for a chinese machine with Epson based printertechnique)(included airfreight to Europe)( and about 9 times less expensive then a Anajet)

best regards,

Ronald
Very good and informative Ronald!

Old November 15th, 2014 Nov 15, 2014 4:57:28 AM -   #11 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: mamfred

be carefully whit china printers. there are only a standard epson printer, adapted to a metal frame , the inks from china are too thick that, the printheads always clog, you must be cleaning the printhead all the time before start printing.

the white ink is very dense so it clog even more the printhead, try to find first a good ink on USA ,before buy a chinase DTG,

take a look to this page UFO Printer, Flatbed Printer, Textile Machine, UV Printer, DTG solutions, Uncoated Direct Printing, they sell a base frame for any epson printer so you only have to buy this , and if have good skill, whit your hands then make a the modification the say whit any epson printer,i dont have buy from then but they idea is better clever .

be aware of this company A3 Size DTG UV Flatbed Printer LED UV Flatbed Printer-Product Center-World Best Import & Export Co.,Ltd. Flatbed Printer Multifunction Printer Manufacturer and Exporter- they sold me a damage printer, it work for 3 weed until all the epson frame went broken ,inks eat the printhead, and melt the plastic on the cleaning pump.

now im looking for a better company whit good after sale service, so it will take to much time to trust on the chinase products again.

good luck

mamfred

Old November 16th, 2014 Nov 16, 2014 8:09:48 AM -   #12 (permalink)
T4R
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamfred
be carefully whit china printers. there are only a standard epson printer, adapted to a metal frame , the inks from china are too thick that, the printheads always clog, you must be cleaning the printhead all the time before start printing.

the white ink is very dense so it clog even more the printhead, try to find first a good ink on USA ,before buy a chinase DTG,

take a look to this page UFO Printer, Flatbed Printer, Textile Machine, UV Printer, DTG solutions, Uncoated Direct Printing, they sell a base frame for any epson printer so you only have to buy this , and if have good skill, whit your hands then make a the modification the say whit any epson printer,i dont have buy from then but they idea is better clever .

be aware of this company A3 Size DTG UV Flatbed Printer LED UV Flatbed Printer-Product Center-World Best Import & Export Co.,Ltd. Flatbed Printer Multifunction Printer Manufacturer and Exporter- they sold me a damage printer, it work for 3 weed until all the epson frame went broken ,inks eat the printhead, and melt the plastic on the cleaning pump.

now im looking for a better company whit good after sale service, so it will take to much time to trust on the chinase products again.

good luck

mamfred
I bought mine at wer-china.com

Mr Frank Tsang is sales department

you can read my experience with them a view posts higher in this the thread.

i haven't bought ink by these guys and trust until now on the inks from Du Pont.

Last edited by T4R; November 16th, 2014 at 08:10 AM.. Reason: typo

Old September 14th, 2015 Sep 14, 2015 11:36:25 AM -   #13 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Ray

Thumbs down Re: Anyone who use DTG Printer from China

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4R
I bought mine at wer-china.com

Mr Frank Tsang is sales department

you can read my experience with them a view posts higher in this the thread.

i haven't bought ink by these guys and trust until now on the inks from Du Pont.

Mr. Frank Tsang stopped replying to my emails when I asked why the test prints were not as promised and altered. As well as why the white ink print was ruined after the first wash.
Also took him a reminder after 2 weeks to finally ship the shirts I paid $40 express shipping for.

No reply from his colleague Iris Yao anymore either...

Old January 18th, 2016 Jan 18, 2016 10:00:50 AM -   #14 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

You can call me: Joe

I was looking last year about getting a DTG printer. I asked here and spoke with many people on it. Though a nice DTG printer does great, I opted to get a BN20 Roland. You can do transfers and it does a pretty nice job. You have limitations, but for the price, it's a decent entry level that gets the job done. I'm a screen printer so I wasn't looking to put all of my work on a digital machine. This fills in the gaps that I was missing, plus I've been steadily doing stickers and decals of all sorts too.

On DTG printers, if you have the volume, I had determined the Spectra 3000 was a pretty good idea. Beyond that, you are in the 20K range. You really better have the volume to get into that. I don't, so I didn't go that route.

Old January 18th, 2016 Jan 18, 2016 11:56:52 AM -   #15 (permalink)
T4R
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

hmmmm, not a good job of mr Tsang.
I'm still super satisfied about the full color quality on a white shirt. Still looking for a solution for the white ink.

I figured out that the R1800/1900 is not suited for large prints on a dark shirt. You need at least an Epson 4880 printer model. These can print larger dots and above all, the inkreservoir capacity will be more suited for large white prints. I don't mean the size of the tank, but the programmed chips. insted of 30ml it goes up to 330 ml and this solves the problem with out of ink error on a large print.

Bg

Ronald

This is a discussion about Anyone who use DTG Printer from China that was posted in the DTG Brand section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in