T-Shirt Forums

T-Shirt Forums (https://www.t-shirtforums.com/)
-   DTG Brand (https://www.t-shirtforums.com/dtg-brand/)
-   -   Anyone who use DTG Printer from China (https://www.t-shirtforums.com/dtg-brand/t420409.html)

JB1579 August 26th, 2014 08:33 PM

Anyone who use DTG Printer from China
 
Anyone who cares to share their experiences on using DTG printer from China.I am planning start my tshirt printing business and planning to buy dtg printer from China. (I cannot afford branded DTG printer due to my little budget)..I tried to go for silkscreen printing but the process will be difficult for me because I am working in a company.anyway.
DTG Printer from China.
how it works?
hows the quality? I assume some branded dtg printer were manufactured in china(correct me if i am wrong).
Any PRO and CONS?
I have the passion and will..can you still recommend DTG from china..

DTGPRINTERPARTS September 2nd, 2014 07:50 AM

Re: Anyone who use DTG Printer from China
 
1307 Attachment(s)
China printers suck and they aren't as advanced, electronics are horrible and tech support, forget it. I had a guy crying in my office because it had some weird issue.

crazymike September 2nd, 2014 08:34 AM

Re: Anyone who use DTG Printer from China
 
Just a FYI that DTG printers take more care and upkeep than any other garment
decorating equipment.

bilet69 September 9th, 2014 08:57 AM

Re: Anyone who use DTG Printer from China
 
you get what you pay for.... just saying

killroy September 9th, 2014 01:27 PM

Re: Anyone who use DTG Printer from China
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JB1579 (Post 2349385)
Anyone who cares to share their experiences on using DTG printer from China.I am planning start my tshirt printing business and planning to buy dtg printer from China. (I cannot afford branded DTG printer due to my little budget)..I tried to go for silkscreen printing but the process will be difficult for me because I am working in a company.anyway.
DTG Printer from China.
how it works?
hows the quality? I assume some branded dtg printer were manufactured in china(correct me if i am wrong).
Any PRO and CONS?
I have the passion and will..can you still recommend DTG from china..

A lot of the things we use on a daily basis are manufactured in China, and hold up very well. Billion dollar company's use China. So to simply say that everything in China is garbage is wrong. Where a lot of the bad reputation comes from is when a manufacturer are just in it for the money, and unfortunately China being a manufacturing hub there's plenty of those. China's manufacturing standards are usually set by the consumer, so that leaves a huge gap in quality. What hard is finding the right manufacturer. There are some really great manufacturer's in China, but findng the right one can be challenging. The average consumer doesn't have the time and money to make this process successful, so they rush buy and get burned.

Manufactured Vs Assembled
I love it when a company claims "Made in The USA", when actually most of the key components were manufactured in China and just assembled in the USA. This happens all the time. So don't be misled by this.

I plan on assembling a DIY DTG printer where most of the key components are manufactured in China. I want to bring this to the community here. To prove that you don't have to pay a arm and leg for a great DTG printer.


Here's a couple of videos of the project. Based on a Epson 3880. I also plan putting on a UV led and white ink recycling system. This will be done on my dime, and the knowledge given to you for free.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAvF3D1kFs0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKlRiwBNmTA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OLpafGp1tc




DTGPRINTERPARTS September 9th, 2014 01:29 PM

Re: Anyone who use DTG Printer from China
 
1307 Attachment(s)
Very true, its not always the case but is most of the time

killroy September 9th, 2014 04:37 PM

Re: Anyone who use DTG Printer from China
 
Here's an updated video of the DIY DTG flatbed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDdE...tyz4XE9Tgiy6Pi

mamfred September 24th, 2014 03:36 AM

Re: Anyone who use DTG Printer from China
 
hi, i recenltly buy a uv flatbed from china , is a epson 1500 adaptation, machine came whit main board damage, so i buy fron the same gay the spares part but machine still not working , and don have suppont, is yousee this web page wordlbest trading company , please stay away , this company is a froud . now im try to make my own dtg so im looking for some instructuion on this site

mamfred

T4R November 14th, 2014 05:48 PM

Re: Anyone who use DTG Printer from China
 
Hi,

i was in the same position like you, not a lot of budget and willing to start with DTG printing.

i've bought a china printer from a company in china.

It takes a lot of things to sort out to get it runnng (but i read here it is the same with a lot of American brands like the M2.)

The printer i've bought is based on a Epson R1800 and only the things around it is chinese.

The support is reasonable, not really quick and i have the idea they can't speak or write very good english and they use google or Bing translate to understand what you want or what your problemis ( so keep it simple ;) )

The machine is a lot cheaper then european or US brands and this makes it something to think about. Is it worth the pricedifference to get into an adventure like this.

If i have to give the company a rating between 1 and 10 ( 10 is excellent)

i give it for quotations and response on a quotation question an 8
i give it for sales a 6
after sales ( between buying and receiving) a 5
the quality of the machine an 8.5
the RIP a 9
the service contact an 8 (if you have skype it would be working better i suppose)(and they really want to help you out and they prefer to use skype)
getting parts in a 6,5 (takes a while before they send it to you( keep it on a week for a minimum)
printing quality a 9,5

Things i learned in the first few months:
* use a grounded powersocket, it helps to prevent a lot of funny errors ;)( maybe it would be wise to use a UPC
* if you want to print with white ink better not use a machine based on the R1800 or R1900 (or any other epson with a 30cc inkreservoir) and better look for a 4800 based Epson just because you will need a lot of white ink for a nice solid white layer and the 1800 series can print a large white area but need more then half a tank (in the memory of the printers 30cc) and can run out of ink before you finish your printjob.

Keep in mind that its best to use the printer every day, especially because the white ink must be shaken on a regular base.

(I'm working out a low budget stirring solution for the inktank(s) but this isn't finished yet.)

I don't think i would be better of with a printer from a local dealer except on communication in my own lanquage. The price of a "European" brand would cost me more then 2.5 times the price I payed for a chinese machine with Epson based printertechnique)(included airfreight to Europe)( and about 9 times less expensive then a Anajet)

best regards,

Ronald

DTGPRINTERPARTS November 14th, 2014 06:23 PM

Re: Anyone who use DTG Printer from China
 
1307 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by T4R (Post 2550098)
Hi,

i was in the same position like you, not a lot of budget and willing to start with DTG printing.

i've bought a china printer from a company in china.

It takes a lot of things to sort out to get it runnng (but i read here it is the same with a lot of American brands like the M2.)

The printer i've bought is based on a Epson R1800 and only the things around it is chinese.

The support is reasonable, not really quick and i have the idea they can't speak or write very good english and they use google or Bing translate to understand what you want or what your problemis ( so keep it simple ;) )

The machine is a lot cheaper then european or US brands and this makes it something to think about. Is it worth the pricedifference to get into an adventure like this.

If i have to give the company a rating between 1 and 10 ( 10 is excellent)

i give it for quotations and response on a quotation question an 8
i give it for sales a 6
after sales ( between buying and receiving) a 5
the quality of the machine an 8.5
the RIP a 9
the service contact an 8 (if you have skype it would be working better i suppose)(and they really want to help you out and they prefer to use skype)
getting parts in a 6,5 (takes a while before they send it to you( keep it on a week for a minimum)
printing quality a 9,5

Things i learned in the first few months:
* use a grounded powersocket, it helps to prevent a lot of funny errors ;)( maybe it would be wise to use a UPC
* if you want to print with white ink better not use a machine based on the R1800 or R1900 (or any other epson with a 30cc inkreservoir) and better look for a 4800 based Epson just because you will need a lot of white ink for a nice solid white layer and the 1800 series can print a large white area but need more then half a tank (in the memory of the printers 30cc) and can run out of ink before you finish your printjob.

Keep in mind that its best to use the printer every day, especially because the white ink must be shaken on a regular base.

(I'm working out a low budget stirring solution for the inktank(s) but this isn't finished yet.)

I don't think i would be better of with a printer from a local dealer except on communication in my own lanquage. The price of a "European" brand would cost me more then 2.5 times the price I payed for a chinese machine with Epson based printertechnique)(included airfreight to Europe)( and about 9 times less expensive then a Anajet)

best regards,

Ronald

Very good and informative Ronald!

mamfred November 15th, 2014 04:57 AM

Re: Anyone who use DTG Printer from China
 
be carefully whit china printers. there are only a standard epson printer, adapted to a metal frame , the inks from china are too thick that, the printheads always clog, you must be cleaning the printhead all the time before start printing.

the white ink is very dense so it clog even more the printhead, try to find first a good ink on USA ,before buy a chinase DTG,

take a look to this page UFO Printer, Flatbed Printer, Textile Machine, UV Printer, DTG solutions, Uncoated Direct Printing, they sell a base frame for any epson printer so you only have to buy this , and if have good skill, whit your hands then make a the modification the say whit any epson printer,i dont have buy from then but they idea is better clever .

be aware of this company A3 Size DTG UV Flatbed Printer LED UV Flatbed Printer-Product Center-World Best Import & Export Co.,Ltd. Flatbed Printer Multifunction Printer Manufacturer and Exporter- they sold me a damage printer, it work for 3 weed until all the epson frame went broken ,inks eat the printhead, and melt the plastic on the cleaning pump.

now im looking for a better company whit good after sale service, so it will take to much time to trust on the chinase products again.

good luck

mamfred

T4R November 16th, 2014 08:09 AM

Re: Anyone who use DTG Printer from China
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mamfred (Post 2550818)
be carefully whit china printers. there are only a standard epson printer, adapted to a metal frame , the inks from china are too thick that, the printheads always clog, you must be cleaning the printhead all the time before start printing.

the white ink is very dense so it clog even more the printhead, try to find first a good ink on USA ,before buy a chinase DTG,

take a look to this page UFO Printer, Flatbed Printer, Textile Machine, UV Printer, DTG solutions, Uncoated Direct Printing, they sell a base frame for any epson printer so you only have to buy this , and if have good skill, whit your hands then make a the modification the say whit any epson printer,i dont have buy from then but they idea is better clever .

be aware of this company A3 Size DTG UV Flatbed Printer LED UV Flatbed Printer-Product Center-World Best Import & Export Co.,Ltd. Flatbed Printer Multifunction Printer Manufacturer and Exporter- they sold me a damage printer, it work for 3 weed until all the epson frame went broken ,inks eat the printhead, and melt the plastic on the cleaning pump.

now im looking for a better company whit good after sale service, so it will take to much time to trust on the chinase products again.

good luck

mamfred

I bought mine at wer-china.com

Mr Frank Tsang is sales department

you can read my experience with them a view posts higher in this the thread.

i haven't bought ink by these guys and trust until now on the inks from Du Pont.

RockyT September 14th, 2015 11:36 AM

Re: Anyone who use DTG Printer from China
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by T4R (Post 2553170)
I bought mine at wer-china.com

Mr Frank Tsang is sales department

you can read my experience with them a view posts higher in this the thread.

i haven't bought ink by these guys and trust until now on the inks from Du Pont.


Mr. Frank Tsang stopped replying to my emails when I asked why the test prints were not as promised and altered. As well as why the white ink print was ruined after the first wash.
Also took him a reminder after 2 weeks to finally ship the shirts I paid $40 express shipping for.

No reply from his colleague Iris Yao anymore either...

JManla January 18th, 2016 10:00 AM

Re: Anyone who use DTG Printer from China
 
I was looking last year about getting a DTG printer. I asked here and spoke with many people on it. Though a nice DTG printer does great, I opted to get a BN20 Roland. You can do transfers and it does a pretty nice job. You have limitations, but for the price, it's a decent entry level that gets the job done. I'm a screen printer so I wasn't looking to put all of my work on a digital machine. This fills in the gaps that I was missing, plus I've been steadily doing stickers and decals of all sorts too.

On DTG printers, if you have the volume, I had determined the Spectra 3000 was a pretty good idea. Beyond that, you are in the 20K range. You really better have the volume to get into that. I don't, so I didn't go that route.

T4R January 18th, 2016 11:56 AM

Re: Anyone who use DTG Printer from China
 
hmmmm, not a good job of mr Tsang.
I'm still super satisfied about the full color quality on a white shirt. Still looking for a solution for the white ink.

I figured out that the R1800/1900 is not suited for large prints on a dark shirt. You need at least an Epson 4880 printer model. These can print larger dots and above all, the inkreservoir capacity will be more suited for large white prints. I don't mean the size of the tank, but the programmed chips. insted of 30ml it goes up to 330 ml and this solves the problem with out of ink error on a large print.

Bg

Ronald


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:07 AM.

vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2014 T-ShirtForums.com. All rights reserved.