HM1 Kiosk not printing the correct colors - Page 2 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > DTG Brand
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future DTG Brand garment printer owners.

HM1 Kiosk not printing the correct colors

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old February 6th, 2008 Feb 6, 2008 11:45:23 AM -   #16 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: BobbieLee
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanked 1,638 Times in 1,068 Posts

Default Re: HM1 Kiosk not printing the correct colors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don-SWF East
jd,

You might want to also post these questions on the DTG Forums, Mesa can get you an invitation if you are not already on them - pm me if you have problems getting on

Hope this helps!
Hi Don,
When I first got my machine, I tried to get a invitation and could not get one. I emailed mesa and my local SFW to no avail. I finally gave up but would love to be able to go on the dtg forums and talk to others that have the HM1 and be able to find info on the forum there.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 8th, 2008 Feb 8, 2008 6:04:47 AM -   #17 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: Steve
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Something that occasionally happens on these Epson printers that could be part of the problem:

Sometimes some liquid in the capping station ( especially if you are placing cleaning solution in the capping station) creeps backward up into the ink lines and contaminates it. It is most obvious with the magenta and yellow. I don't know how your machine is constructed.... if you can take a flashlight and get a good look at the ink lines just above the print head. If you see any discoloration in the lines the only choice is to flush out or print out that contaminated ink. Since I bought Printer jockey from dtginks.com I just do it that way, especially since you can also select the right side lines independently. Before that I would just print a large square of that color until it printed out nice clean ink.

It has happened a couple of times and was a real puzzle the first time.

Old June 23rd, 2008 Jun 23, 2008 9:26:59 AM -   #18 (permalink)
T-Shirt Fan

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Sorry in advance for the long post. I have a DTG Kiosk II and printed a few shirts with and without white ink. Here is my issue, I have been trying to print on a black shirt, and while doing my white test strip before starting production, It is printing out the entire background on to the shirt, the size of the entire bed. So I put in a beige shirt told it, kept all the settings as if it were black and it printed the entire 13X22 background in black. Printer features as follows:
Printer Features:
Color Appearance: Photo Normal
Layer Type: Color Layer Auto-Mask (Black Bkgnd)
Color Passes: 1
White Passes: 1
Output Profile: Auto Select
RGB Source Profile: NTSC 1953
CMYK Source Profile: SWOP Simulated
Media Type: Black Cotton
Generate Pure Black: No
True Spot Colors: No
Print Direction: Bidirectional
White Ink Resolution: 1440 dpi
Black Ink / Underbase Behavior: No Underbase, No Black Ink
Auto-White-Highlight ThreshHold: 4%
Step and Repeat Platten Label: No Step and Repeat

Thanks

Kenny

Old June 23rd, 2008 Jun 23, 2008 9:33:25 AM -   #19 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Don
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

WHat is your Black-Detect Threshold set to?

Old June 23rd, 2008 Jun 23, 2008 11:26:47 AM -   #20 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Marc
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Which is in the actual RIP, under ink configuration, not in the Epson advanced printer settings.

The Following User Says Thank You to Printzilla For This Useful Post:
Don-ColDesi (June 23rd, 2008)

This is a discussion about HM1 Kiosk not printing the correct colors that was posted in the DTG Brand section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:

Log-in