DTG The Kiosk - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > DTG Brand
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future DTG Brand garment printer owners.

DTG The Kiosk

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old January 5th, 2008 Jan 5, 2008 12:47:32 PM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default DTG The Kiosk

After reading all the post about which DTG printer to buy I decided to go and get me The Kiosk HM-1 for the main reason of printing on a lot of different things.

I found a Rep here in New Zealand who recommended to me look at the Kiosk. Cut along story short, I ended up buying The Kiosk based on the Epson 2100 print head.

I only got The Kiosk due to the Rep having one of his own, so if I had any problems with my Kiosk it would be easy for the Rep here in New Zealand to help walk me though. The Rep in New Zealand was really great and helpful, so far I can't complain.

I've only had the printer for a couple of weeks now and I wasted about 4 T-shirts.

I've printed about 40 T-shirts now and I think I've finally got the hang of it. For me so far I've found the prints are pretty good and they still look good after a few washes.

The only real problem I have is White Ink lettering. The letters printed in white seem to look faded.

I've taken a few tips from other members with regards to the pretreatment of your garment and it has improved my prints by a lot.

What I am asking is for some tips and tricks with what I can do with my Kiosk, like printing on a Shoe or Cellphone and tips with White Ink.

Here are a few samples of what I printed with The Kiosk.

http://www.kpw.net.nz/Dziak/sample-01.jpg

http://www.kpw.net.nz/Dziak/sample-02.jpg

http://www.kpw.net.nz/Dziak/sample-03.jpg

http://www.kpw.net.nz/Dziak/sample-04.jpg

http://www.kpw.net.nz/Dziak/sample-05.jpg

http://www.kpw.net.nz/Dziak/sample-06.jpg

Has anyone tried printing on a shoe? or cellphone? is it even possible with the Kiosk?

Any tips or tricks, advice given would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 5th, 2008 Jan 5, 2008 3:01:40 PM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: andrew

Default Re: DTG The Kiosk

If it is possible to fit one under the print head (I don't know what kind of shoe/placement you're using) I would assume on a shoe that's a cotton type it's possible.

Do they offer a pretreatment for your inks to work on non-textiles?

The green on your hulk shirt came out awesome! How are they washing?

p.s. don't worry about the shirts. I killed all in all about 30-40 shirts so far on my T-Jet and I've successfully printed over 1,000 so far. Had it for about 8 months now.

Old January 5th, 2008 Jan 5, 2008 3:20:39 PM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Zhen

You're prints look great. I love how you have customized the childrens face in the artwork, I can see that being very popular in your market!

When you say the white ink letters look faded what exactly do you mean? Is the color not sitting well or are their little specs of the shirt color popping through? It may also be due to the t-shirt you are using. Some t-shirts print FAR better then others. You'd want a t-shirt with a tight knit so that the white ink can lay down nice and smooth.

Old January 5th, 2008 Jan 5, 2008 4:05:53 PM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Cody

The shirts look great. I am in Fiji and am interested in something like this.
Who did you get this from?
Keep up the posts.

Old January 5th, 2008 Jan 5, 2008 4:29:47 PM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Fan

How much ink cost to print that hulk shirt?

Old January 5th, 2008 Jan 5, 2008 6:43:16 PM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Thanks guys for the comments I really appreciate the feedback.
Quote:
The green on your hulk shirt came out awesome! How are they washing?
I haven't noticed any fading when washing. After I print and then dry the T-shirt (Roland Heat Press) I put them in the washing machine put it on normal wash cycle, insert Cold Power soap powder, put the washing machine on cold water.

After the washing machine has finished I then put it though our dryer, put the dryer on high and 150mins (put other clothes in at the same time)

When the T-shirts are done, I hang them up and take a photo of them. The samples shown, were heat pressed again, because they came out of the dryer all crinkled and I didn't want to use an iron.

Quote:
When you say the white ink letters look faded what exactly do you mean? Is the color not sitting well or are their little specs of the shirt color popping through? It may also be due to the t-shirt you are using. Some t-shirts print FAR better then others. You'd want a t-shirt with a tight knit so that the white ink can lay down nice and smooth.
Parts of the Text when printed in White, come out faded while another part of the same Text comes out bright. I hope I'm making sense, I've uploaded another picture to show what I was meaning. Thanks for the tip of looking into a Tight Knit T-shirt, I will differently look into that. The tag on the T-shirts used say its just cotton nothing else beside do not tumble dry and iron shirt inside out.

http://www.kpw.net.nz/Dziak/sample-07.jpg

Quote:
The shirts look great. I am in Fiji and am interested in something like this.
Who did you get this from?
I google search DTG printers and came across the website Welcome to DTG Digital they had a dealer in Australia, and with Australia being easer for me to travel too contacted them who then put me on a guy who was a rep here in New Zealand.

There is no website at the moment and its not well known yet in New Zealand but if you PM me I will give you his details.

Quote:
How much ink cost to print that hulk shirt?
Being new to DTG printing I have priced all shirts at $20.00. I haven't been able to work out cost at the moment.

For the hulk shirt, I did the following

Used a spy gun to apply the pretreatment
Heat press for 10 seconds
Let the shirt sit for about 1 minute
Heat press again for 10 seconds
Loaded T-shirt in Kiosk
Loaded Image in Print Pro DTG (came with The Kiosk Printer)

Rip and Print with the following settings
1 pass of white at 1440 x 720
1 pass of color at 720 x 720
Then Heat press for 1 minute 30 seconds

I don't know if that helps or not but I don't think I used too much white.

Old January 5th, 2008 Jan 5, 2008 8:18:45 PM -   #7 (permalink)
T-Shirt Fan

Whereever its whitef aded theres less pretreament solution

This is a discussion about DTG The Kiosk that was posted in the DTG Brand section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in