[DTG Brand] DTG Viper 2 - Page 3 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > DTG Brand
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future DTG Brand garment printer owners.

[DTG Brand] DTG Viper 2

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old October 23rd, 2014 Oct 23, 2014 3:54:46 AM -   #31 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Boguslaw
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: DTG Viper 2

The new Firebird Pretreat FBX-100 does wonders in terms of preventing fibrilation. We are testing it from some time now and it significantly reduce fibrilation.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 23rd, 2014 Oct 23, 2014 9:07:12 AM -   #32 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Does the new fb pretreat feels sticky or glue isch after pressing?

Old October 26th, 2014 Oct 26, 2014 8:01:48 AM -   #33 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

It did when we tried it... It might have changed with any formula change... The best results we have had is with image armor pretreatment and dupont inks. As far as fibrillation it is one part pretreatment application, one part how your press and one part the shirt you use. We trained our self on PC61 which have a high fibrillation. I wish we just picked a better short to do the training. Would of cost less! These shirts are great for silk screening but will take extra care for DTG printing. As I mentioned before pick a good quality shirt that fits your process and is easy to restock.

Old October 26th, 2014 Oct 26, 2014 8:05:12 AM -   #34 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Anthony Bruce Creek

Quote:
Originally Posted by kombi
It did when we tried it... It might have changed with any formula change... The best results we have had is with image armor pretreatment and dupont inks. As far as fibrillation it is one part pretreatment application, one part how your press and one part the shirt you use. We trained our self on PC61 which have a high fibrillation. I wish we just picked a better short to do the training. Would of cost less! These shirts are great for silk screening but will take extra care for DTG printing. As I mentioned before pick a good quality shirt that fits your process and is easy to restock.
PC61 shirts I have to dilute my DuPont pretreatment then almost soak the shirts!

Old October 26th, 2014 Oct 26, 2014 8:09:39 AM -   #35 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

We learned to do it full strength but with Image Armor and had a great success rate once we get a good solid process down....Never thought about diluting..I personally do not like Dupont pretreatment. I have found it less forgiving than Image Armor.

Old October 26th, 2014 Oct 26, 2014 8:13:54 AM -   #36 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
We learned to do it full strength but with Image Armor and had a great success rate once we get a good solid process down....Never thought about diluting..I personally do not like Dupont pretreatment. I have found it less forgiving than Image Armor.
Makes sense and yeah I think that in some areas Image Armor does a great job. DuPont is forgiving if diluted 60/40 or 50/50. You just have to see what works for you. Image Armor's price point and print ability is great. It is a great product

Old October 26th, 2014 Oct 26, 2014 8:28:31 AM -   #37 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

I like that dilution idea. Like we said just got to find what works for you...

schenk not sure when you are at but DTG INK has great customer service if you need supplies.

Old October 26th, 2014 Oct 26, 2014 8:38:33 AM -   #38 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

So the idea is by diluting the pretreatment you can add more of it thus soaking the shirt more and causing the fibers to go down easier when curing the pretreatment. Am i getting this right?

Old October 26th, 2014 Oct 26, 2014 8:42:58 AM -   #39 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
I like that dilution idea. Like we said just got to find what works for you...

schenk not sure when you are at but DTG INK has great customer service if you need supplies.
I totally agree and thanks. If you need a hand with anything anytime let me know

Old October 26th, 2014 Oct 26, 2014 8:44:13 AM -   #40 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qminati
So the idea is by diluting the pretreatment you can add more of it thus soaking the shirt more and causing the fibers to go down easier when curing the pretreatment. Am i getting this right?
Correct that is exactly what I'm saying or just us Image Amor straight up

Last edited by DTGPRINTERPARTS; October 26th, 2014 at 10:29 AM..

Old February 9th, 2015 Feb 9, 2015 3:10:43 PM -   #41 (permalink)
Forum Member
Be nice, this is my first post :)

You can call me: Mark

Does anyone know where I can buy Image Amor in the UK?

Old April 7th, 2015 Apr 7, 2015 7:52:01 AM -   #42 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Articulate Creation
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

USe a different shirt and also buy a high quality paint brush to quickly brush the fibers flat in one direction (top to bottom) on the entire pretreated area. Not everyone does this, but if you are having fibrilation issues (which smalzstein is correct it definitely is fibrilation) then you need to try the brush method. Some brands of shirts have fibrilation issues way more than others. I use Next Level which has zero issues with fibrilation if pretreated correctly. This problem you are showing has nothing to do with the printer but the shirts you are using and the way you are curing. Another thing that will probably fix the problem without brushing the fibers flat is to hover your heating element over the shirt for 30 seconds or so and then press.

Old April 7th, 2015 Apr 7, 2015 9:33:23 AM -   #43 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcgurren
USe a different shirt and also buy a high quality paint brush to quickly brush the fibers flat in one direction (top to bottom) on the entire pretreated area. Not everyone does this, but if you are having fibrilation issues (which smalzstein is correct it definitely is fibrilation) then you need to try the brush method. Some brands of shirts have fibrilation issues way more than others. I use Next Level which has zero issues with fibrilation if pretreated correctly. This problem you are showing has nothing to do with the printer but the shirts you are using and the way you are curing. Another thing that will probably fix the problem without brushing the fibers flat is to hover your heating element over the shirt for 30 seconds or so and then press.
When you say paint brush, do you mean a brush or roller..?

Old April 7th, 2015 Apr 7, 2015 10:30:53 AM -   #44 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Eric Deem
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

He means a brush...a roller tends to "grab" fibers and raise them up after rolling over them. Here is a link to the brush that most of us use:

Wooster Brush

Old April 7th, 2015 Apr 7, 2015 10:38:41 AM -   #45 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekay317
He means a brush...a roller tends to "grab" fibers and raise them up after rolling over them. Here is a link to the brush that most of us use:

Wooster Brush
Thank you for the link.. I'll look for one here in the UK. Also are you heat press drying or tunnel??? I was thinking of getting a tunnel.

This is a discussion about DTG Viper 2 that was posted in the DTG Brand section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in