Purchased Kiosk II demo machine at show!!! - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > DTG Brand
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future DTG Brand garment printer owners.

Purchased Kiosk II demo machine at show!!!

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old September 30th, 2007 Sep 30, 2007 2:28:50 AM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Fan

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Purchased Kiosk II demo machine at show!!!

Hi Everyone,

Well, for anyone who has been reading my posts I have had MANY issues with using chromablast and getting the border around transfered image. I was told it would come out in the was but after many tests it never did. So, I thought it over for several weeks about getting a laser color printer or trying to use a GX24 to resolve the chromablaster transfer paper problem and never really came to a decison.

On friday, my husband and I went to a Embroidery Extravaganza and Direct Garment Printer show in Baltimore and I looked at the Kiosk II. I watched it in action and I was impressed at what the white ink could do on black shirts.

Their last two shows were cancelled for the year and I talked them into letting me buy the demo at a reduced price. I also got many extras with the machine that you normally would have to purchase later on. I am VERY happy about the purchase. I wanted a DTG but I thought I wouldn't get it until later on in my business. We picked up the machine today, it is up and running but we have no RIP software until Monday so no printing. No complaing here though.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 30th, 2007 Sep 30, 2007 3:24:01 AM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Fan

Default Re: Purchased Kiosk II demo machine at show!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nabs
Hi Everyone,

Well, for anyone who has been reading my posts I have had MANY issues with using chromablast and getting the border around transfered image. I was told it would come out in the was but after many tests it never did. So, I thought it over for several weeks about getting a laser color printer or trying to use a GX24 to resolve the chromablaster transfer paper problem and never really came to a decison.

On friday, my husband and I went to a Embroidery Extravaganza and Direct Garment Printer show in Baltimore and I looked at the Kiosk II. I watched it in action and I was impressed at what the white ink could do on black shirts.

Their last two shows were cancelled for the year and I talked them into letting me buy the demo at a reduced price. I also got many extras with the machine that you normally would have to purchase later on. I am VERY happy about the purchase. I wanted a DTG but I thought I wouldn't get it until later on in my business. We picked up the machine today, it is up and running but we have no RIP software until Monday so no printing. No complaing here though.
Waiting for your complaining.

Old September 30th, 2007 Sep 30, 2007 6:32:22 AM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Bruce

I too was at that show. I have gone into detail about my experience with SWF in another post. Although my experience was not as good as yours, I wish you the very best with your new venture. I hope you find it profitable and fun.

Old September 30th, 2007 Sep 30, 2007 8:10:23 AM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tagger
I too was at that show. I have gone into detail about my experience with SWF in another post. Although my experience was not as good as yours, I wish you the very best with your new venture. I hope you find it profitable and fun.

Hi Tagger,

Thanks, I really appreciate it. I will read your previous posts to find out what your problems were with SWF. They really encouraged me to print at least one shirt a day using white ink and to agitate the white ink bottle every other day to prevent the ink from drying on the bottom. We were there friday and saturday and I watched the guy print over and over again with absolutely no problems with that machine. Of course, I'm realistic and realise that with any technology there is going to be some technical issues along the way that will always occur no matter what you do.

Thank God I'm married to a IT genious or I don't know how I would have set up all of this equipment.

Nabs

Old September 30th, 2007 Sep 30, 2007 11:52:56 AM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Adam
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Hi Nabs,
we've had our Kiosk for over a year now and been through all of the ink / head clogging problems as well as followed the suggested maintenance. Since coming up with our own maintenance guidelines we follow once a week, ink clogging is a thing of the past.
Good luck with the machine!

Old September 30th, 2007 Sep 30, 2007 12:49:51 PM -   #6 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

sunnydayz's Avatar  - this member was voted Most Helpful Member during our Annual August Member Appreciation Month

You can call me: BobbieLee
Thanked 1,638 Times in 1,068 Posts

Hi Nabs,
Congrats on your new machine, I have the HM1 and love it. I have been running it for about a month and have had no issues as of yet. I am very diligent about my maintenance and running my machine on a daily basis. By Kiosk II do you mean the hm1? If so does your machine have the white agitator on it? Well if you need any help with anything and I can might have the answer feel free to ask.
take care
Bobbie

Old October 5th, 2007 Oct 5, 2007 2:24:02 AM -   #7 (permalink)
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnydayz
Hi Nabs,
Congrats on your new machine, I have the HM1 and love it. I have been running it for about a month and have had no issues as of yet. I am very diligent about my maintenance and running my machine on a daily basis. By Kiosk II do you mean the hm1? If so does your machine have the white agitator on it? Well if you need any help with anything and I can might have the answer feel free to ask.
take care
Bobbie
Hi Bobbie,

Thanks for the post, I'm so sorry but I just so the note or I would have replied sooner. No, I do not have the HM1, I actually have the Kiosk II. I don't know the exact difference between Kiosk I and II yet but hope too!! : ). It's running great so far but I'm trying to figure out the differences between the different print drivers with the RIP PRO software. Also, did your HM1 printer come with a golf ball platen? If so, do you have a template for it that you can place in photoshop or corel? I'm so glad that your HM1 is running well for you. I"m in the process of working on my website.

Nabs

Old October 5th, 2007 Oct 5, 2007 7:40:50 AM -   #8 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

sunnydayz's Avatar  - this member was voted Most Helpful Member during our Annual August Member Appreciation Month

Quote:
Originally Posted by nabs
Hi Bobbie,

Thanks for the post, I'm so sorry but I just so the note or I would have replied sooner. No, I do not have the HM1, I actually have the Kiosk II. I don't know the exact difference between Kiosk I and II yet but hope too!! : ). It's running great so far but I'm trying to figure out the differences between the different print drivers with the RIP PRO software. Also, did your HM1 printer come with a golf ball platen? If so, do you have a template for it that you can place in photoshop or corel? I'm so glad that your HM1 is running well for you. I"m in the process of working on my website.

Nabs
HI Nabs,

No I didnt buy the golf ball platen so I dont have it. Maybe they kiosk II is the original kiosk with the white upgrade? as far as the drivers, your epson driver is your print driver and your other drivers for your rip pro should install when you install the rip pro software. What type of problem are you having with your drivers? maybe I can help. I am glad you like your machine.

Bobbie

Old October 5th, 2007 Oct 5, 2007 10:02:04 AM -   #9 (permalink)
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnydayz
HI Nabs,

No I didnt buy the golf ball platen so I dont have it. Maybe they kiosk II is the original kiosk with the white upgrade? as far as the drivers, your epson driver is your print driver and your other drivers for your rip pro should install when you install the rip pro software. What type of problem are you having with your drivers? maybe I can help. I am glad you like your machine.

Bobbie

Hi Bobbie,

The problem I am having is I'm not sure which driver to select when I print because there are so many to choose from?

Nabs

Old October 5th, 2007 Oct 5, 2007 10:07:19 AM -   #10 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

ok, you should have one epson driver which is your print driver, you should have three for your rip program and you should have one for your kiosk. Your printer should always be set to the kiosk printer, and your file should spool through your rip program and then it would go to the kiosk and print. After you hit print(making sure kiosk it the printer it is going to), you should see your rip program pop up and see it process your file, after that your printer should start printing. Is it doing this? I am going by what my hm1 does but it should be similar.

Bobbie

This is a discussion about Purchased Kiosk II demo machine at show!!! that was posted in the DTG Brand section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in