Hm-1 Printer replacement parts - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > DTG Brand
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future DTG Brand garment printer owners.

Hm-1 Printer replacement parts

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old August 16th, 2007 Aug 16, 2007 11:15:25 AM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Hm-1 Printer replacement parts

Just recieved the training for our new HM-1 from mesa. great machine. however the parts are very expensive from mesa but i was told that i could buy replacement parts for cheaper online/overseas. does anyone know where i can find the Dampers for less that $57 a piece?? also the white ink for cheaper that $400 a bottle? any info would help! thanx!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 16th, 2007 Aug 16, 2007 11:27:07 AM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: Chris

Default Re: Hm-1 Printer replacement parts

I am guessing you wont find white ink cheaper but I do not know how much white you are getting for $400 so I could be wrong

Old August 16th, 2007 Aug 16, 2007 12:46:13 PM -   #3 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: BobbieLee
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Thanked 1,638 Times in 1,068 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEmbroidered
Just recieved the training for our new HM-1 from mesa. great machine. however the parts are very expensive from mesa but i was told that i could buy replacement parts for cheaper online/overseas. does anyone know where i can find the Dampers for less that $57 a piece?? also the white ink for cheaper that $400 a bottle? any info would help! thanx!
If you dont mind me asking, how was the training out at Mesa? I am just getting ready to do mine for the HM1. Thanks in advance for the info.

Bobbie

Old August 16th, 2007 Aug 16, 2007 3:28:24 PM -   #4 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Z
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
"...........the parts are very expensive from mesa but i was told that i could buy replacement parts for cheaper online/overseas. does anyone know where i can find the Dampers for less that $57 a piece?? also the white ink for cheaper that $400 a bottle? any info would help! thanx!
You've just discovered the true secret to the printer biz(not just Direct to Garment printers)....The cash flow created by consumables. For now, when you are starting out... it's best to support the system that feeds you, and just build it all into your pricing, at least untill you really know what your doing. Otherwise, you risk getting non compatable supplies and then you're really out a lot. Build your business model on worst case supply prices, then look for advantages through bulk and special pricing.

Old August 23rd, 2007 Aug 23, 2007 11:20:04 AM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

to answer your question bobbie the mesa training was good. nothing special. its definately something that you should get and ask as many questions about their machine as possible while the tech is there at your business. The most important part of the training was the maintenance of the machine.

As for the cheaper parts no one has any links/site etc that carry the same mesa/swf/epson products for cheaper???

because i think pretty much every dtg owner will agree that $57 for a piece of plastic is ridiculous, even if it is custom made.

And has anyone using an hm1 for a while had their ink chips burn out on them and had to BUY replacements for almost $20 a piece??

Old August 23rd, 2007 Aug 23, 2007 12:05:37 PM -   #6 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: BobbieLee
Thanked 1,638 Times in 1,068 Posts

Quote:
to answer your question bobbie the mesa training was good. nothing special. its definately something that you should get and ask as many questions about their machine as possible while the tech is there at your business. The most important part of the training was the maintenance of the machine.

As for the cheaper parts no one has any links/site etc that carry the same mesa/swf/epson products for cheaper???

because i think pretty much every dtg owner will agree that $57 for a piece of plastic is ridiculous, even if it is custom made.

And has anyone using an hm1 for a while had their ink chips burn out on them and had to BUY replacements for almost $20 a piece??
Did you deal with Amy at mesa? she is really nice. Did you do your training at your place of business? I have mine set up for sept. 4th out at mesa and then they also told me I can come there as many times as I want for a year to learn things I need to know, any problems I may run into later. Iwas also told me that as far as the dampers go, that they may be coming out with an easier damper system for the HM1, maybe you might want to call and talk to Amy about this. I was going to purchase an extra set of dampers and she was telling me that they are working on a new damper system where they will be away from the printhead and to wait before I buy the extras because the way they are designing the new ones they should have less clogs. Dont qoute me word for word on this but I think I have explained it the way she explained it to me hehe.

Old August 23rd, 2007 Aug 23, 2007 12:45:43 PM -   #7 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

i didnt deal with amy directly. our training was done in-store by jose. he also mentioned the new damper system, which will be coming with a price tag of probably around $1000 to upgrade to it. jose suggested saving the $1000 and keep the dampers clean and buy replacement ones. figures that mesa will always be upgrading their machines and charging for the quality upgrades. we dealt with that issue on our kiosk and the new agitator for the white ink.

I'm still dont believe that no one hasnt found any cheaper parts. and zoom monster youre completely right. budget for the worst. however, im an optimistic kinda person and i know that if people in china are making $200 jordan knock offs and selling them for $10 that theyre tapping into all areas of industry. Computers/printers being a major one. Anyways enough ranting from me. so if anyone hears or gets any type of lead on where cheaper parts for these mesa machines can be bought i would appreciate a heads up.

thanx

Old August 23rd, 2007 Aug 23, 2007 12:51:23 PM -   #8 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Charles
Thanked 1,656 Times in 1,353 Posts

As long as my equipment is under any warranty, I will use the manufacturer's parts...just keeps my backside covered in case! After that I would try 3rd party...maybe

Old August 23rd, 2007 Aug 23, 2007 4:29:20 PM -   #9 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Zhen

HM-1 Dampers are $51 each? wow. I pay ~$20USD for original Kiosk Dampers and I think thats expensive!

Old August 23rd, 2007 Aug 23, 2007 9:05:25 PM -   #10 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Marc

I pay 15 bux for my dampers for my epson based wide format solvent printer. Hmm I may have to compare those to my kiosk dampers.

Old August 27th, 2007 Aug 27, 2007 4:23:34 PM -   #11 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

who on these forums has the hm1 and has encountered problems with the white ink clogging up within the first month of owning the machine?

and tips on how to prevent this/othere than what is taught in the training sessions...thanx

Old August 27th, 2007 Aug 27, 2007 4:37:27 PM -   #12 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Zhen

Where do you think the white ink is clogging up (lines, dampers, the head itself)?

I think us DTG users should create a massive maintenance list just to prevent white ink clogs. I'll write up what I do in maintenance later tonight (its a fairly long list).

Old August 27th, 2007 Aug 27, 2007 5:10:36 PM -   #13 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhenjie
Where do you think the white ink is clogging up (lines, dampers, the head itself)?

I think us DTG users should create a massive maintenance list just to prevent white ink clogs. I'll write up what I do in maintenance later tonight (its a fairly long list).
honestly i have no idea!! im doing everything in the manual provided with the hm1 when there no white ink printing. i think im on my 10th head cleaning and nozzle check. still nothing. i have had this machine for less than 3 weeks and i am very frustrated with it. i have dont everything our tech from mesa told us to do maintenance wise and the same thing is happening.

all i really have to say is that for $20,000 this is ****ing ridiculous.

I definately agree with the maintenance list!

what other printers are people using out there that are equal in quality/price to the hm1?

Old August 27th, 2007 Aug 27, 2007 5:45:22 PM -   #14 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Marc

I would appreciate a little more info. Can you detail what maintenance you currently do per the manual? Also can you lay out the circumstances behind what happened leading up to this clog? Were you printing when it happened? Was the machine sitting idle? If so, for how long?

I appreciate any insight you can provide into this printer.

Old August 27th, 2007 Aug 27, 2007 5:56:06 PM -   #15 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Printzilla
I would appreciate a little more info. Can you detail what maintenance you currently do per the manual? Also can you lay out the circumstances behind what happened leading up to this clog? Were you printing when it happened? Was the machine sitting idle? If so, for how long?

I appreciate any insight you can provide into this printer.
theres a lot of lil bs maintenance that is per the manual. if you own the earlier kiosk its pretty much the same. wipe the capping station, wiper, head cleanings, swirling the ink, and constantly keeping the white ink moving everyday.

This clog occured while i was printing an image onto a black shirt. it printed half of the white layer and just faded out. that was about 4 hours ago and im not on 15 head cleanings and nozzle checks. the hm1 has a new fangled idea that it does a head cleaning every 3 hrs to keep the white ink moving even if youre not using the printer. obviously this isnt enough so if youre planning on getting this do a head cleaning every hour. thats all i can suggest. the tech told us to print 2 white on black images everyday at the beginning of our work day, which we have been doing. i ahve been told that they are working on a better ink that doesnt clog in the lines/dampers/jets and that it will be coming out soon. but like everyother upgrade that these machines have it is just a rumor and i have heard nothing more than that.

hope this helps.

still wanna know what other people are using and if anyone has any magical tips on keeping these machines running to full capacity.

This is a discussion about Hm-1 Printer replacement parts that was posted in the DTG Brand section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:

Log-in