Hm-1 Printer replacement parts - Page 4 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > DTG Brand
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future DTG Brand garment printer owners.

Hm-1 Printer replacement parts

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old June 25th, 2008 Jun 25, 2008 9:04:49 AM -   #46 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Marc
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Hm-1 Printer replacement parts

Welcome to the forum. The only way to prevent this from happening is vigilant maintenance. We flush our systems regularly with distilled water, print every day, and follow a rigorous cleaning schedule.

If you let the machine sit idle, you may find you have a difficult situation on your hands.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 25th, 2008 Jun 25, 2008 12:34:11 PM -   #47 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

welcome. all i can say is good luck keeping you white running. my only suggestion is to only keep the white in your machine while youre doing a job that requires it, then flush it all out when youre done and replace with cleaning solution until your next job

Old June 25th, 2008 Jun 25, 2008 1:18:12 PM -   #48 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: BobbieLee
Thanked 1,638 Times in 1,068 Posts

As long as you are using your printer with white ink on a regular basis and not letting it sit for along time, you should have no problems what so ever.

Old June 25th, 2008 Jun 25, 2008 9:21:34 PM -   #49 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: bolle

we have a t-shirt shop.. so we print every day for 8 to 12 hours.. so printer is not idle except over the night... a have read almost every manual that can be found i we do a maintenance as it said in those manuals.. ok,imagine situation.. at the morning everything is fine,white ink have a nice flow,but after a 5-6 t-shirts white ink just stop working,no head cleaning is helpful,so we must take head apart and syringe it with a cleaning solution than we have a small amount of white ink flowing.. temperature is about 24 degrees of celsius, humidity is around 45 %...is it possible that ours white ink is old? that titanium-dioxide has separated? is there a time period for quality use of a white ink? i mean,how old it can be for good use? thanks for replays..it means a lot to me...

Old June 25th, 2008 Jun 25, 2008 9:57:59 PM -   #50 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Your temp seems fine but I think your humidity could be a bit higher. Also how long have you had your white ink? I am not sure of the shelf life of the newer white ink, it might be a year, I think the shelf life of the old ink was around 6 months, I actually never have my white ink that long so I am not sure on the shelf life. Also you should shake your bottles of ink everyday (your refill bottles) because the ink in the bottles will settle. Do you have the hm1?

Old June 25th, 2008 Jun 25, 2008 10:19:33 PM -   #51 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

I would not trust anything 6 months or older!

Are you cleaning your wiper and capping station throughout the day? I clean mine regularly. How old is our head?

Old June 25th, 2008 Jun 25, 2008 10:45:21 PM -   #52 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Yep I agree, even though the distributors say 1 year, I would not put ink that old in my machine. I usually use up my ink monthly so I never have it that long.

Old July 6th, 2008 Jul 6, 2008 8:58:16 AM -   #53 (permalink)
T-Shirt Member

It's seems to me that white ink = daily routine maintenance!

Old July 6th, 2008 Jul 6, 2008 10:14:14 AM -   #54 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Harry
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Thanked 1,075 Times in 922 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin7
Yes. We tell all potential customers that they need to, at the end of each print day, spend about 5 minutes on maintenance which is mainly cleaning. If you do that religiously you should not have any issues. We also do point out that if you neglect to do maintenance you will have problems. Just get into a routine and you will find that it's not very hard to do and it doesn't take very long.

Harry

Old July 7th, 2008 Jul 7, 2008 2:33:52 AM -   #55 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin7

We actually have hourly maintenance, when we are constantly printing. Once an hour, we do a quick two minute maintenance procedure. It consists of wiping down the capping station as well as the wiper blade, topping off the inks, and purging completed files from the rip.

The Following User Says Thank You to Printzilla For This Useful Post:
Mistewoods (July 7th, 2008)
Old July 7th, 2008 Jul 7, 2008 5:48:29 AM -   #56 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Don
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Lot's of solid advice here. My rule is - if the shirt or printhead touches it - CLEAN IT.

This is a discussion about Hm-1 Printer replacement parts that was posted in the DTG Brand section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:

Log-in