Hm-1 Printer replacement parts - Page 3 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > DTG Brand
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future DTG Brand garment printer owners.

Hm-1 Printer replacement parts

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old August 28th, 2007 Aug 28, 2007 5:28:20 PM -   #31 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Z
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Hm-1 Printer replacement parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Printzilla
I only do it when needed, and sometimes they are beyond saving.

For the tubing, I just flush a little cleaning solution, followed by a longer flush with distilled water.

I have never had an issue with my dampers on the kiosk, so they have never been off.
Marc, I know this is a loaded question... Have you come up with a number to amortize the cost of a head relative to the amount of liters of ink pumped through it? .... especially the more "abrasive" titanium dioxide kind. What is a sure sign of a head "beyond saving" and are there warning signs of this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 28th, 2007 Aug 28, 2007 5:31:25 PM -   #32 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEmbroidered
soaked the clogged damper for half an hr in distilled water then pumped cleaning solution through it. back in business. thanx 4 all the advice guys and definately a list of maintence should be started
Good to hear it!

Old August 28th, 2007 Aug 28, 2007 5:37:37 PM -   #33 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Adam
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Other users have posted this before, but I believe this to be the best way to unclog dampers and return them to a like-new state.
Purchase an Ultra-Sonic cleaner. We bought ours for about 30 dollars at Target. Buy some Simple Green, we don't even bother with the expensive cleaning solution anymore. Fill the tank about halfway with Simple Green and Halfway with Distilled water. Use a Syringe to fill the dampers with your simple green / water and place in the ultra sonic cleaner. Ours has settings of 180 280 380 and 480 seconds. After each cycle, take the dampers out and back flush them with warm distilled water and you will see the filters unclog. Repeat cycles until they are perfectly clear.

Doing this fixed several things we had with our Kiosk such as:
* Randomly clogged nozzles. - Nozzle check is horrible but after doing a head clean some nozzles return, but others appear clogged.
* Ink starvation. - Halfway through the print the white ink stops coming out and then appears clogged when doing a nozzle check.
* Bad head cleans. - Nozzle checks come out perfect or O.K. until you do a head clean and then it appears clogged again.

We found this to be the best order to flush the white ink and get it to print well.
1. Flush ink lines with warm distilled water / simple green or cleaning solution. This may take a good hour or so and several bottle refills, but make sure the lines are completely clear.
2. Remove dampers and clean them with the ultrasonic method listed above.
3. Reconnect dampers and refill ink.

Be aware, sometimes after flushing the lines and refilling it you will need to do 2 - 3 test prints and a maybe 2 head cleans afterward to get all the nozzles to check out fine. If you don't do test prints to get the ink really flowing through the machine, it wont matter how many head cleans you do as it will never produce a healthy nozzle check. (When I bought my machine, I went through an entire inkset just doing head cleans to clear the clogged nozzles, but doing test prints seemed to unclog them).

Hope that helps a bit.

Old August 28th, 2007 Aug 28, 2007 5:49:18 PM -   #34 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Marc

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoom_monster
Marc, I know this is a loaded question... Have you come up with a number to amortize the cost of a head relative to the amount of liters of ink pumped through it? .... especially the more "abrasive" titanium dioxide kind. What is a sure sign of a head "beyond saving" and are there warning signs of this.
On a color only system it has been less than 5 cents with proper care and maintenance. On a system with white it "averages", for me, in the neighborhood of twenty cents. It was higher than that when we first started, but less now that we know about proper maintenance procedures.

I have never been successful at recovering a head that I could not force any cleaning fluid through with a syringe. Usually if I can get any at all to pass through, I can get it functional.

I have never been able to pinpoint when a head is going bad. I have gone through the process of clearing a clogged head, get great full nozzle downward spray, reinstall and never get quality prints. So being clogged is not the only way a head goes bad.

Old August 28th, 2007 Aug 28, 2007 5:50:36 PM -   #35 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

thanx! that is great advice!

Old August 28th, 2007 Aug 28, 2007 5:54:14 PM -   #36 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeTomahawk
If you don't do test prints to get the ink really flowing through the machine, it wont matter how many head cleans you do as it will never produce a healthy nozzle check. (When I bought my machine, I went through an entire inkset just doing head cleans to clear the clogged nozzles, but doing test prints seemed to unclog them).
Excellent piece of advice. This is my approach as well. One plus is that it costs less as well.

Old August 28th, 2007 Aug 28, 2007 9:11:22 PM -   #37 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Printzilla
On a color only system it has been less than 5 cents with proper care and maintenance. On a system with white it "averages", for me, in the neighborhood of twenty cents.
Just to be sure, are these figures are per liter used/head.... or per "average" print/head?

This is great info! Thanks.

Old August 28th, 2007 Aug 28, 2007 9:16:35 PM -   #38 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

per head/per shirt

Old August 29th, 2007 Aug 29, 2007 12:03:48 PM -   #39 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

tahoe- so you use simple green and distilled water instead of the cleaning solution. have you run into any problems etc because if not i am about to go get some of that right now!!

Old August 29th, 2007 Aug 29, 2007 2:32:14 PM -   #40 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: BobbieLee
Thanked 1,638 Times in 1,068 Posts

This is a really great thread you guys , I am getting ready to get my printer and training next tuesday and I am going to print this out and put it in my users manual. Thanks for the tips as I am sure it will come in handy
Bobbie

Old August 29th, 2007 Aug 29, 2007 2:58:27 PM -   #41 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

Glad you found some helpful info. I will actually be receiving my two HM-1's the first of next week. I am really looking forward to diving in on these new units!

Old September 1st, 2007 Sep 1, 2007 1:19:44 PM -   #42 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnydayz
This is a really great thread you guys , I am getting ready to get my printer and training next tuesday and I am going to print this out and put it in my users manual. Thanks for the tips as I am sure it will come in handy
Bobbie
other than the white ink clogging issue, these machines are awesome and dont even compare to the dtg kiosk.

Old September 1st, 2007 Sep 1, 2007 9:18:39 PM -   #43 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Adam

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEmbroidered
tahoe- so you use simple green and distilled water instead of the cleaning solution. have you run into any problems etc because if not i am about to go get some of that right now!!
No problems, we've been using the simple green for a few months now, but I know another DTG user who's been using it for almost a year now.
Prior to the Simple Green, I was using windex cut down with water, and warmed up a bit and never ran into any problems.

I usually just run the Simple Green through once until the bottles are empty, then I refill them with distilled water warmed up in the microwave for about 30 seconds and repeat until the lines are clean.

Old September 2nd, 2007 Sep 2, 2007 8:59:17 AM -   #44 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeTomahawk
No problems, we've been using the simple green for a few months now, but I know another DTG user who's been using it for almost a year now.
Prior to the Simple Green, I was using windex cut down with water, and warmed up a bit and never ran into any problems.

I usually just run the Simple Green through once until the bottles are empty, then I refill them with distilled water warmed up in the microwave for about 30 seconds and repeat until the lines are clean.
Word of advice, no matter if you use Simple Green or Windex you must always cut it with 50% distilled water, especially the Simple Green since it's full strength can cause the rubber gaskets to swell in the capping station, ink head, and possibly de-laminate the nozzle plate..

Quote:
Fill the tank about halfway with Simple Green and Halfway with Distilled water.
Adams right!

Mark

Old June 25th, 2008 Jun 25, 2008 3:27:23 AM -   #45 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: bolle

Hi guys.. i'm new here and i want to say hello to everyone i work in a t-shirt shop,and we have a HM1 kiosk... did you notice that white ink after some time drying in the air at room temperature becomes rubber like? and i think this is the main reason for ours clogging of dampers and head... we have air conditioned room,water vaporizer.. so we have a good working temperature and humidity and still have a clogging..did enyone of you succeded to disolve that rubber like white ink? how? we tried almost every cleaning solution. and nothing.. we expirienced a head clogging after only a few weeks.. thanks for any info

This is a discussion about Hm-1 Printer replacement parts that was posted in the DTG Brand section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:

Log-in