Hm-1 Printer replacement parts - Page 2 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > DTG Brand
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future DTG Brand garment printer owners.

Hm-1 Printer replacement parts

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old August 27th, 2007 Aug 27, 2007 6:07:54 PM -   #16 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Marc
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Hm-1 Printer replacement parts

Just to give you a little history on me, I was the first guy in he country to have the white ink kit from US Screen, so I have a little knowledge.

Although I have had my share of clogs, bad heads, banding, etc.., I must say that I have never had a fatal clog in the middle of a print. I will tell you to stop running the head cleanings. At this point it is a waste. Your best plan to get back running tonight is to remove the head. Once it is out, take a syringe with a hose attached and manually flush each nipple on the head with cleaning solution until you see smooth even straight flow of solution from the head.

As far as the new ink, it is currently being beta tested. However, when it is released in a couple of months, it will still not be the end answer. You will still have to do all of the "lil bs" maintenance as you call it. It is a very important part of machine ownership.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 27th, 2007 Aug 27, 2007 6:23:41 PM -   #17 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Printzilla
As far as the new ink, it is currently being beta tested. However, when it is released in a couple of months, it will still not be the end answer. You will still have to do all of the "lil bs" maintenance as you call it. It is a very important part of machine ownership.
Oh i totally understand the maintenance aspect of these machines. the main reason that im so frustrated is that i have been performing these "daily maintenance procedures" that were given to me by the manual and the mesa tech himself, and i still have a clogged head after less than a month of operation. i dont doubt that maintenance is the most important part of owning one of the fantastic printers. thanx for the advice. gonna start taking it apart after i type this.

Old August 27th, 2007 Aug 27, 2007 6:26:40 PM -   #18 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

Let us know how it goes.

Old August 27th, 2007 Aug 27, 2007 11:03:44 PM -   #19 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Zhen

Quote:
Your best plan to get back running tonight is to remove the head. Once it is out, take a syringe with a hose attached and manually flush each nipple on the head with cleaning solution until you see smooth even straight flow of solution from the head.
In addition to PUSHING fluid into the heads to purge it you should also try and backflush it may be better for the white ink nozzles (since you could be pushing more sediment into the print head).

Dunk the head in warm distilled water and pull water through the attached hose and syringe.

But in all honesty, I really hope you dont have to do this print head clean only 3 weeks into use! I just replaced my print head yesterday due to white issues as well but my print head lasted me a whole year at least

Old August 28th, 2007 Aug 28, 2007 6:24:42 AM -   #20 (permalink)
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhenjie
Dunk the head in warm distilled water and pull water through the attached hose and syringe.

But in all honesty, I really hope you dont have to do this print head clean only 3 weeks into use! I just replaced my print head yesterday due to white issues as well but my print head lasted me a whole year at least
I would not suggest dunking the print head in water. You will damage the electrical connections in the print head. If that happens and you put your print head back in the printer and reconnect your cables you may fry your cables and possibly your main board. Even flushing the printhead nozzles with a syringe must be done very carefully, and absolutely with the print head taken out of the machine.

Old August 28th, 2007 Aug 28, 2007 6:26:56 AM -   #21 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Adam

If you're out here in the west, I highly recommend these guys http://www.dtginks.com/ for your Inks.

Dupont white ink: $278 a liter.

Old August 28th, 2007 Aug 28, 2007 6:59:55 AM -   #22 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Z
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEmbroidered
Oh i totally understand the maintenance aspect of these machines. the main reason that im so frustrated is that i have been performing these "daily maintenance procedures" that were given to me by the manual and the mesa tech himself, and i still have a clogged head after less than a month of operation. i dont doubt that maintenance is the most important part of owning one of the fantastic printers. thanx for the advice. gonna start taking it apart after i type this.
EEmbro,
One thing I might add to the other comments here is:
1) check the humidity in your print area (keep above 45%)
2) If your software allows, see if you can isolate which channel(s) is giving you trouble. This will help you narrow your focus.
3) If you do pull the hoses of the head, check for any telltail signs on a bad seal at the nipple. It could be the o-rings are twisted. If you are drawiing in air to the lines or head, you could be getting some gumming.
4) excess head cleans will cause foaming inside the head, so if you have to do more than 2-3, you'll just make it worse. The only cure is to wait.
5)If you get banding in the middle of a run, your humidity is either too low or there is ink starvation. Check for kinks or obstructions.

Old August 28th, 2007 Aug 28, 2007 11:31:55 AM -   #23 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

tahoe- thank you for the link ill check it out asap

as for the maintenance i have soaked the bottom of the head in cleaning solution for 30mins as instructed by the tech, i have also removed the 4 white ink dampers and flushed them and one of the is completely clogged. the other 3 were slightly clogged and it took several flushings to get them clear. now i have NO replacement dampers but i want my machine up and running, even if 100%. can i put the dampers back in, including the clogged one and try to run it? or will i just be damaging it even more. my technical instincts tell me it will jus remain clogged and the working 3 will work....

correct me if im wrong please!

Old August 28th, 2007 Aug 28, 2007 12:00:35 PM -   #24 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEmbroidered
tahoe- thank you for the link ill check it out asap

as for the maintenance i have soaked the bottom of the head in cleaning solution for 30mins as instructed by the tech, i have also removed the 4 white ink dampers and flushed them and one of the is completely clogged. the other 3 were slightly clogged and it took several flushings to get them clear. now i have NO replacement dampers but i want my machine up and running, even if 100%. can i put the dampers back in, including the clogged one and try to run it? or will i just be damaging it even more. my technical instincts tell me it will jus remain clogged and the working 3 will work....

correct me if im wrong please!
I would think if you backflushed the dampers you could get everything out especially on a new machine. I've heard of cleaning the dampers in a ultrasonic bath. I doubt that you would have good results running three, and running a channel dry would be very bad. I would get your tech out there before you do something to void the warrantee. Perhaps you can have them overnight a fresh damper(or two). If the damper is clogging, I would say something in you ink supply is jacked (air or starvation). Have you replaced the ink in the lines with cleaning fluid? Do you see anything obvious as for blockage(in the clear lines)?

Old August 28th, 2007 Aug 28, 2007 12:03:37 PM -   #25 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

i havent replaced the ink in the lines with cleaning fluid. as for the ink supply it doesnt seem starved...i leave the filling cap open as instructed to allow extra ink in

Old August 28th, 2007 Aug 28, 2007 1:00:33 PM -   #26 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

Excellent advice Ian.

I completely submerge my heads with no problems. you just have to make sure they are completely dry before reinstalling them. I let mine sit for several days. ( I have a backup for each machine)

Old August 28th, 2007 Aug 28, 2007 1:19:00 PM -   #27 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Excellent advice Ian.

I completely submerge my heads with no problems. you just have to make sure they are completely dry before reinstalling them. I let mine sit for several days. ( I have a backup for each machine)
Marc, very interesting. Do you switch them out on a regular(preventative) basis or as needed? What about tubing and O-rings?

Old August 28th, 2007 Aug 28, 2007 3:47:43 PM -   #28 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

I only do it when needed, and sometimes they are beyond saving.

For the tubing, I just flush a little cleaning solution, followed by a longer flush with distilled water.

I have never had an issue with my dampers on the kiosk, so they have never been off.

Old August 28th, 2007 Aug 28, 2007 3:59:36 PM -   #29 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

soaked the clogged damper for half an hr in distilled water then pumped cleaning solution through it. back in business. thanx 4 all the advice guys and definately a list of maintence should be started

Old August 28th, 2007 Aug 28, 2007 4:30:10 PM -   #30 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Zhen

Good to here. Now you should know to stock up on spare parts especially dampers!

Its good to have a spare wiper station, capping station, print head, ink bottles, encoder strip, etc all stocked up just in case this happens.

Buy several dampers and rotate them every few weeks or so. (ie, use a set for 4 weeks, then replace them with new ones and clean the old ones, then repeat). That should keep buildup in the dampers to a minimum.

This is a discussion about Hm-1 Printer replacement parts that was posted in the DTG Brand section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:

Log-in