[DTG Brand] K3 Ink Count Low/Resetting Count loop, pls help! - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > DTG Brand
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future DTG Brand garment printer owners.

[DTG Brand] K3 Ink Count Low/Resetting Count loop, pls help!

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old March 21st, 2013 Mar 21, 2013 7:21:26 PM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default K3 Ink Count Low/Resetting Count loop (FIXED)

Hello everyone,
we recently purchased a used DTG Raptor (K3).
It needed a new capping station so I replaced that. It boots up fine but now gets stuck in a loop saying "Ink Count Low" and then after a little bit and a "beep, beep-beep" it switches to "Resetting Count".

Can anyone shed some light on this situation?
Has this happened to you?
If so what did you do to fix it?

I've taken the frame off and can take pictures if need be.

EDIT: A solution has been found, see my last post for details.

Last edited by themightyx; March 22nd, 2013 at 11:21 PM..

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 22nd, 2013 Mar 22, 2013 9:14:49 AM -   #2 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Boguslaw
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Default Re: K3 Ink Count Low/Resetting Count loop, pls help!

It happend right after you replaced the capping station?

Old March 22nd, 2013 Mar 22, 2013 11:42:47 AM -   #3 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Thanks so much for posting you guys.
As far as I know, but it did have errors before replacing it.
Before i replaced the capping station I was getting an error e=003 or e=005 (sorry i can't remember which). I believe e=005 is Ink Count Low error? In any case I am no longer getting any errors, just stuck in this loop.

From the information that I have gathered it seems to be the C-set II unit or the motherboard (is this the little ram-looking strip attached to it?)

Someone mentioned something about sticking a card or something flat under the contacts to make sure they are making a tight connection. But I can't see any contacts on the C-set II unit.

As a side note, when researching this problem many people said faulty ink chips and check the lights on the ink chips to see which ones are out, etc etc. I spent so long going over the machine over and over again, wondering how I could be so stupid not to see the ink chips. Turns out, this machine has the C-set II unit which replaces the ink chip sensors. Although the manual even says it has ink chips and shows pictures of them...
Is the C-Set II a manual upgrade or is that a difference between a K3 and a K3 Raptor?

Old March 22nd, 2013 Mar 22, 2013 11:19:02 PM -   #4 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

FIXED!!

Here is how you can fix this problem. In my case it was probably due to a shoddy packing job while being shipped. Something may have come loose just enough to cause a problem while not looking out of place at all.

If anyone else has this problem, before you go replacing anything, try this:

• Unplug the C-set unit from the rest of the machine
  • Take the ink boards out of the C-Set unit (grey plastic pieces in the bottom, slide right out), clean off the contacts and put them back in (Just wipe them, unless there is any residue on the contacts, then use rubbing alcohol).
Boot up the machine, let it go through the reset process (give it a few minutes).

• If that doesn't work take two small pieces of paper (like a business card) and wedge them in above the grey plastic pieces and below the black plastic frame to make sure the contact is solid.

I booted up the machine, it went through the ink count low/reset process once and FINALLY ACKNOWLEDGED THE INK COUNT RESET!!

Hells yes!
But now I am not getting any white ink through to the waist bucket when I charge the inks with the CMYK tubes closed. But that is another problem for another thread! Hope the print head isnt done for ><

Hope this info helps some one!

Old March 23rd, 2013 Mar 23, 2013 6:07:09 AM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Steve
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

This is exactly what happened to me. The fix worked and lasted about a week before it happened again. The only fix was at a cost of over £1000+ to have the R1900 K3 converted to a R1800 K3 as they can no longer get hold of new CSET boards.

Good Luck, you will need it!

Old March 23rd, 2013 Mar 23, 2013 3:40:37 PM -   #6 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotney86
This is exactly what happened to me. The fix worked and lasted about a week before it happened again. The only fix was at a cost of over £1000+ to have the R1900 K3 converted to a R1800 K3 as they can no longer get hold of new CSET boards.

Good Luck, you will need it!
Hmm, it happened again to me but i just shut off the machine and when I restarted it, it worked fine.
Seems pretty reliable so far.

I've narrowed down the white ink issue to the print head as i've got suction on either side, but not through the print head ><
Am I really going to have to pay $600 to replace this part?
This thing is costing me a fortune and I haven't printed a single shirt!

Old March 23rd, 2013 Mar 23, 2013 4:15:55 PM -   #7 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Steve
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Default K3 Ink Count Low/Resetting Count loop, pls help!

I won't go into too much detail as I will be here for hours. I bought my K3 brand new, it was never reliable and bred problem after problem. I sold it after I was fed up of paying call outs charges and having awful support from YES Ltd. I sold it for a fraction of the cost I paid for it but it was the best thing I could have done. I now own an RjET-4 from Resolute Ink and it is so reliable and user friendly compared to the K3. They have just launched Resolute DTG USA so have a look. My advice is to get it sold asap and get a quality and reliable printer. Sorry to be so negative but I'm talking from personal experience and if you search google and these forums for K3 problems I'm not the only person with this opinion.

It sounds like you need a new print head unfortunately.

Best of luck getting to the bottom of it

Old March 24th, 2013 Mar 24, 2013 12:17:15 AM -   #8 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Thanks Scotney,
I just checked out their website and one thing stuck out; "The advanced formula of our white ink means no WIMS system (white ink management) is needed to keep the machine in good working order."

No WIMS?! Does that mean the white ink doesnt get clogged in the system?
Damn!

Unfortunately I wont be able to afford a brand new DTG in the foreseeable future and besides, no one wants to buy a printer with a POS print head in it.
Gone too far to turn back now hahaha XD

Old March 24th, 2013 Mar 24, 2013 3:43:50 AM -   #9 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

[QUOTE

Unfortunately I wont be able to afford a brand new DTG in the foreseeable future and besides, no one wants to buy a printer with a POS print head in it.
Gone too far to turn back now hahaha XD[/QUOTE]

ignorant *** ...all help/posts deleted!

Last edited by jonmig; March 24th, 2013 at 04:02 AM..

Old May 11th, 2015 May 11, 2015 8:33:53 AM -   #10 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

I am also in the same situation right now. Have you had any problems with your machine since it was converted to the 1800?
Trying to decide whether to proceed with the conversion or not.

Old May 11th, 2015 May 11, 2015 11:19:30 AM -   #11 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Have you had any problems since you had it converted to the 1800? Im in the same situation and trying to decide wheter to spend the money having it converted. Any feedback would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Old May 11th, 2015 May 11, 2015 7:51:49 PM -   #12 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

had all the same problems listed above, tried many work arounds and they all seemed to work for a time. Finally had enough and paid for the conversion. It definitely fixed the ink reset/purge problem, however eventually stopped working, wouldn't load, skipping, freezing mid print. My DTG suopport couldnt even figure it out. Final prognosis was that the Rip progam that I use (C5/C6) were never developed to run the K3 and R1800 drivers. Rather than replacing the head/capping station and trying a different Rip I ended up just using it as a giant paper weight. Hope that helps

Old July 11th, 2015 Jul 11, 2015 3:19:51 AM -   #13 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: cristian

Post Re: K3 Ink Count Low/Resetting Count loop, pls help!

HELLO ALL, I have the same problem, resetting count loop, the cset no longer works, they sent me a card "P \ N DECODE FOR R1900 001 VE" but I do not explain how to attach the cables, can anyone help me?
gRAZIE

Old October 7th, 2015 Oct 7, 2015 7:09:10 AM -   #14 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: cristian

Hello, can you help me? I have a kiosk k3 (Epson R1900) made me replace the c-set with a new card, but do not know how to install it and do not help me, keeps giving me "Ink Count Low" and then after a little bit and a "beep, beep-beep "it switches to" Resetting Count "

thank you
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20151007_165223.jpg (305.9 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg 20151007_165227.jpg (308.5 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg 20151007_165233.jpg (306.7 KB, 24 views)

This is a discussion about K3 Ink Count Low/Resetting Count loop, pls help! that was posted in the DTG Brand section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in