[DTG Brand] DTG M2 Printing Issues - Page 4 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > DTG Brand
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future DTG Brand garment printer owners.

[DTG Brand] DTG M2 Printing Issues

Like Tree2Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old October 7th, 2014 Oct 7, 2014 11:37:28 AM -  
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: DTG M2 Printing Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOTROD01580
Leah,
I couldn't open the images, but I suspect that you are experiencing something I had experienced in the past with my M2. The settings from the factory in the Rippro software needed adjustment. Unfortunately I am at my day job so I'm not exactly positive how to access the settings. The changes affected the dot size. We had to change from Large VSD dot size (if I recall) to Medium VSD dot size. They may have been found in the queue settings? Hope that may help.
Our condition was various lines of white, various thicknesses, all at various points on the shirts.
Thank you for the tip! I just checked and we are currently running it under the Medium VSD dot size setting, so back to the drawing boards.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 13th, 2014 Oct 13, 2014 6:26:52 PM -  
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

You can call me: Jay

Leah,

Good luck with your M2 we have one and can't wait for it to burn (if I was only so lucky) we are having some of the same issues and were told to spend $1500 to fix the problem because since we bought the machine there has been an update for it that is suppose to fix this issue.

RIGHT!!1

Old December 14th, 2014 Dec 14, 2014 6:32:08 PM -  
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Carmine

Hi, I am currently experiencing the same issue of random white bands appearing sporadically across the entire platen (and over the edges of the shirt - the nozzle seems to fire the entire head movement). I have wrecked several shirts, and have not figured out what causes this issue or what solves it. I am using an M2 with C6 software, all DEFAULT queue settings (I am on a fresh install on a new computer with all factory settings, no modifications to any queue or print settings and experiencing this issue).

ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED!

Thanks,
Carmine

Old December 15th, 2014 Dec 15, 2014 6:42:53 AM -  
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Hey, Carmine!

We also upgraded to the C6 software, which helped to lessen how often it happened, but I was also told setting all of your white ink queue's to 3 pass should get rid of the issue completely. Granted, we found this out after we just stopped printing darks altogether. Both printers are dual cmyk now, but it worked for the amount of time before we switched it!

Hope this helps!

Old December 15th, 2014 Dec 15, 2014 6:57:43 AM -  
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJLeah
Hey, Carmine!

We also upgraded to the C6 software, which helped to lessen how often it happened, but I was also told setting all of your white ink queue's to 3 pass should get rid of the issue completely. Granted, we found this out after we just stopped printing darks altogether. Both printers are dual cmyk now, but it worked for the amount of time before we switched it!

Hope this helps!
Thank you for your response! I am usually on 2-pass white; I sometimes print with 3pass white depending on how white appears on the type of garment. I find 3pass white takes a good amount of time longer than 2 pass, so I use it sparingly.

I will definitely pay attention to see if the banding only occurs during 2-pass white printing.

Thanks again for the insight!
Carmine

Old February 1st, 2015 Feb 1, 2015 4:58:48 PM -  
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

I have upgraded to the new C6 software, and this issue still appears to be happening sporadically. Attached is an image.

This is on the DTG Digital M2 purchased from ColDesi in Mar 2014.
In this particular print, I was using the "1440x720 underbase" and the "1440x720 with Underbase Graphics_New" preset layer profiles that come with C6. I printed many other jobs with these same settings without seeing this issue.

Any help to avoid this problem is appreciated!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0632.JPG (2.37 MB, 79 views)

Old February 1st, 2015 Feb 1, 2015 5:27:19 PM -  
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Anthony Bruce Creek
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheerSounds
I have upgraded to the new C6 software, and this issue still appears to be happening sporadically. Attached is an image.

This is on the DTG Digital M2 purchased from ColDesi in Mar 2014.
In this particular print, I was using the "1440x720 underbase" and the "1440x720 with Underbase Graphics_New" preset layer profiles that come with C6. I printed many other jobs with these same settings without seeing this issue.

Any help to avoid this problem is appreciated!
Have you checked your head cables?

Old February 1st, 2015 Feb 1, 2015 5:57:25 PM -  
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTGPRINTERPARTS
Have you checked your head cables?
Yes, I often do a cable check during my end-of-day cleanings. Every seems firm. The print before it was perfect, and the print after it was perfect. I printed about 300 full-platen prints since the last time I encountered this. I really can't figure it out. It's interesting that it lines up nicely with the top & bottom of parts of the graphics.

Old February 1st, 2015 Feb 1, 2015 6:36:40 PM -  
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Yes, I often do a cable check during my end-of-day cleanings. Every seems firm. The print before it was perfect, and the print after it was perfect. I printed about 300 full-platen prints since the last time I encountered this. I really can't figure it out. It's interesting that it lines up nicely with the top & bottom of parts of the graphics.
Have you checked the metal ends though? If they are corroded or discolored with ink that could put those weird lines through the images

Old February 3rd, 2015 Feb 3, 2015 8:43:53 AM -  
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTGPRINTERPARTS
Have you checked the metal ends though? If they are corroded or discolored with ink that could put those weird lines through the images
I have checked them, nice and clean! Coldesi agrees that it is a 2-pass issue, they explicitly blamed the software. I have continued to operate on 2-pass, with no trouble. Hopefully it won't happen too often. Thanks for your input!

Old February 3rd, 2015 Feb 3, 2015 8:47:44 AM -  
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
I have checked them, nice and clean! Coldesi agrees that it is a 2-pass issue, they explicitly blamed the software. I have continued to operate on 2-pass, with no trouble. Hopefully it won't happen too often. Thanks for your input!
Weird, well hope it doesn't happen again.

Old May 5th, 2015 May 5, 2015 3:19:00 PM -  
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Wow can't believe I found this thread, Im experiencing the exact same banding woth my M2 as well, only on 2up same. Convinced its a software issue. I switched from 2 pass to 1 pass and it happens even more. Im burning through tshirts and hoodies, has anyone figured this out for sure?

Old May 5th, 2015 May 5, 2015 5:09:42 PM -  
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockford
Wow can't believe I found this thread, Im experiencing the exact same banding woth my M2 as well, only on 2up same. Convinced its a software issue. I switched from 2 pass to 1 pass and it happens even more. Im burning through tshirts and hoodies, has anyone figured this out for sure?

I have not found a solid solution, but I believe it is a software issue with the RIP. C5 & C6 both have this issue; I could not regularly reproduce it enough to do further testing. The company stands by it being a 2-pass issue, but I don't think they truly know what the problem is because they were unable to offer me any better advice.

The Following User Says Thank You to CheerSounds For This Useful Post:
Rockford (May 5th, 2015)
Old May 5th, 2015 May 5, 2015 5:17:20 PM -  
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

If I understood what was explained to me by Coldesi is that on 2 pass more ink is being put down in a small area and in effect it can overload on white and thus unwanted white in unwanted places. They told me to print on 3 pass and since I have been using that exclusively I have not had this issue. I had it sporadically on 2 pass. Keeping my fingers crossed.

The Following User Says Thank You to tonkatruck For This Useful Post:
Rockford (May 5th, 2015)
Old May 11th, 2015 May 11, 2015 6:58:25 PM -  
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

You can call me: Jay

Good luck to both of you, seems my issue is somewhat different as I don't get banding I get alignment issue. Didn't have it for about 6 months and it is back. Plus I get yellow ink at the top of white ink passes. Guess that is my fault also or I have to spend thousands to upgrade never the machines fault, maybe it is poor cleaning again that's right cleaning is great. Maybe its the t-shirts I'm using or maybe the machine JUST SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg M2 issue.jpg (1.22 MB, 50 views)

This is a discussion about DTG M2 Printing Issues that was posted in the DTG Brand section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in