[DTG Brand] DTG M2 Printing Issues - Page 3 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > DTG Brand
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future DTG Brand garment printer owners.

[DTG Brand] DTG M2 Printing Issues

Like Tree2Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old April 20th, 2013 Apr 20, 2013 12:56:56 PM -   #31 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: DTG M2 Printing Issues

Hey guys,

It has come to my attention recently that you need to have the bed loaded before you start a head cleaning. If you don't, the white ink system won't circulate.

Just wanted to share this.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DTGTech For This Useful Post:
Kindelawards (July 20th, 2013), nomadprintfrance (April 23rd, 2013)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 23rd, 2013 Apr 23, 2013 2:57:34 PM -   #32 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: franck

this is very important, thanks for sharing this info .

Old April 24th, 2013 Apr 24, 2013 3:04:04 AM -   #33 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Gemma

Post Re: DTG M2 Printing Issues

Hi All

Thank you for the replies and advice.

Thank you Secretagent81 for the pdf on cleaning, much appreciated, I can completely understand your frustrations and have had the same problems as you. I have never worked with such unreliable equipment, especially at that kind of cost.

Weirdly the yellow that I have been missing for nearly 2 weeks, has suddenly come back at 100% but I wasn't too exited as my magenta has now disappeared. I have tried long/powerful cleans to get this back, and will do anything the avoid a third new head, at the cost of £500.

I do not understand, how if I am cleaning everything by the strict instructions and very thoroughly the yellow can be missing for weeks, then come back, then lose another colour within the next day. What can I be doing wrong?

Gemma

Old May 10th, 2013 May 10, 2013 2:58:59 AM -   #34 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Default DTG M2 Printing Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemnip
Hi All

Thank you for the replies and advice.

Thank you Secretagent81 for the pdf on cleaning, much appreciated, I can completely understand your frustrations and have had the same problems as you. I have never worked with such unreliable equipment, especially at that kind of cost.

Weirdly the yellow that I have been missing for nearly 2 weeks, has suddenly come back at 100% but I wasn't too exited as my magenta has now disappeared. I have tried long/powerful cleans to get this back, and will do anything the avoid a third new head, at the cost of £500.

I do not understand, how if I am cleaning everything by the strict instructions and very thoroughly the yellow can be missing for weeks, then come back, then lose another colour within the next day. What can I be doing wrong?

Gemma
Hi Gemma , we have just taken receipt of an M series and after owning and learning on a K3 there aren't any hidden secrets here (with ref to CMYK) ,either the problem is evident in the machines operation as a printer or its down to the head and 99.9% of the time its just the head when the ink doesn't come out albeit the ink delivery pressure has got to be right but the machine keeps an eye on that for you anyway and the capping station has to be maintained or that can be whats causing your dx5 head to clog and the ink to dry in the nozzle plate ,but anyway the reason the head sometimes comes back is that the flushing and cleaning cycles dislodge the debris in the nozzles (but excessive cleaning can make it worse if the debris is too built up thats why when it gets really bad you need to remove the head from the machine and clean it manually as described) and also remove trapped air within the head but sometimes the air lock will just not move and causes ink starvation which over time comes back with the charging cycle when the air lock has been removed , the way to work with your machine is to have 2 heads and whilst one is in use do all the maintenance procedures contained in the Pdf with your spare and then when your installed head goes down just swap them over, the M series was designed with very easy access to the head especially for this procedure .. Any other problems to do with anything but the final ink delivery and printout are yet to be experienced by us so I sympathise with Secretagent81 as he sounds to be having a nightmare and I can't comment or advise however I'd like to say that the guys from Impression Technology in the UK know their machines and will always help you out

Last edited by jonmig; May 10th, 2013 at 06:56 AM..

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jonmig For This Useful Post:
Kindelawards (July 20th, 2013), Reypromo (May 12th, 2015)
Old July 20th, 2013 Jul 20, 2013 6:20:09 PM -   #35 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

You can call me: Jay

Did you get any assistance from the finance company? We are still having issues with our machine.....

Old July 20th, 2013 Jul 20, 2013 6:22:45 PM -   #36 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindelawards
Did you get any assistance from the finance company? We are still having issues with our machine.....
What issues are you still having ,is it ink dripping or something else now?

Last edited by jonmig; July 20th, 2013 at 06:33 PM..

Old July 22nd, 2013 Jul 22, 2013 6:20:44 AM -   #37 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

is a forum sponsor who has contributed over 1000 helpful posts in the forums!

You can call me: Don
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Hi Jay,

It doesn't look like we have heard anything from you since November. I just checked our support system and November 5 is the last entry. Have you placed a call to support or entered or reopened a support ticket on our support system since you posted this on Saturday? If you have not, would you like for me to reopen your ticket from November or is there a different issue you have a question regarding?

Old July 23rd, 2013 Jul 23, 2013 9:53:27 AM -   #38 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: mark
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

That is a pretty awesome PDF.... most of this we did accidentally lol.

Very helpful....

thank you very much for sharing this info

Old July 23rd, 2013 Jul 23, 2013 1:03:39 PM -   #39 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Jay,

Still see that there is no open ticket for support on your M2 - and didn't hear anything back from you. What sort of issues are you experiencing? We can't help you if we don't hear from you.

Old August 20th, 2013 Aug 20, 2013 8:35:25 AM -   #40 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Ian

*Ink Drops*

​clean your encoder strip with Alcohol. Excess ink builds up on the encoder strip causing the sensor on the printing chassy to not read the images properly and miss fires ink while doing a pass.

Old August 20th, 2013 Aug 20, 2013 9:21:35 AM -   #41 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

When we sent our tech in to diagnose the issue it was due to lower quality garments with heavy fibrulation - the small fibers were building up on the printhead and eventually causing a pinhead sized drop to appear. Prepressing the shirts helped to reduce the fibers and more frequent cleaning of the edges of the printhead also helped as well.

The frequency of the drip issue was in the sub 1% range of garments.

Old October 6th, 2014 Oct 6, 2014 12:16:29 PM -   #42 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Exclamation Re: DTG M2 Printing Issues

We own 2 M2's, and we've been having issues with random white lines showing up on dark prints. It got so bad, we had to send one of our machines back and get a replacement printer. The replacement printer has now started doing it, if not worse. While trying to figure out was wrong with the first machine, we had tech's tell us it was a bad head. We replaced it, nothing. He told us it was a bad board. We replaced it, nothing. After getting a whole new machine, we thought it wouldn't come back, but it has. It sets production way back to have a bunch of darks piling up. Has anyone else seen this issue?? We need this fixed asap. I've attached pictures so you know what we're talking about.

Thanks,

Leah

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3i...ew?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3i...ew?usp=sharing

Old October 6th, 2014 Oct 6, 2014 12:58:39 PM -   #43 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Jonno

Hi DJ Leah,

What rip are you using?

What resolution are you printing the white?

What country are you from?

Old October 6th, 2014 Oct 6, 2014 1:09:11 PM -   #44 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonno
Hi DJ Leah,

What rip are you using?

What resolution are you printing the white?

What country are you from?
We use Rip Pro C5 M series for our Rip program, and our white print resolution is 1440 x 720 2bit.

We're from the US.

Any ideas?

Old October 7th, 2014 Oct 7, 2014 10:57:59 AM -   #45 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Leah,
I couldn't open the images, but I suspect that you are experiencing something I had experienced in the past with my M2. The settings from the factory in the Rippro software needed adjustment. Unfortunately I am at my day job so I'm not exactly positive how to access the settings. The changes affected the dot size. We had to change from Large VSD dot size (if I recall) to Medium VSD dot size. They may have been found in the queue settings? Hope that may help.
Our condition was various lines of white, various thicknesses, all at various points on the shirts.

This is a discussion about DTG M2 Printing Issues that was posted in the DTG Brand section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in