[DTG Brand] DTG M2 Printing Issues - Page 2 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > DTG Brand
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future DTG Brand garment printer owners.

[DTG Brand] DTG M2 Printing Issues

Like Tree2Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old October 18th, 2012 Oct 18, 2012 5:58:16 PM -   #16 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Anthony Bruce Creek
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: DTG M2 Printing Issues

Can you post some photos of inside your machine? Can you tell me how much you are printing daily, maintenance procedures etc?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 18th, 2012 Oct 18, 2012 6:06:06 PM -   #17 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Harry
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Thanked 1,073 Times in 920 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindelawards
, I'm about done with this machine. maybe I received a lemon (looking into lemon law). Turned on machiine for first time today ran a cleaning then nozzle check, check came out good and printed 2 shirts no problem, same design second run of 2 shirts and get ink drops on both of them, run to more shirts and no ink drops. I have pictures but not sure how to upload.

To upload pictures go to post reply, hit the "Go Advanced" button, then scroll down to "Attach Files" and hit the "Manage Attachments" button.

-

The Following User Says Thank You to equipmentzone For This Useful Post:
Kindelawards (October 21st, 2012)
Old October 19th, 2012 Oct 19, 2012 7:28:36 AM -   #18 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

The M2 uses the Dx5 head as does the K3 Raptor ,Viper ,Mod1 , Anajet, Neoflex and many others ,and this is where the problems come from ie the Piezo technology not your machine if you were to take the ink delivery system out of all of these models you have the same principles ,briefly the ink container bottle or cart supplies the head usually under light air pressure through tubing to a damper which slows the flow into the individual chambers of the head and then out through the nozzle plate after passing by the electrically charged crystals, all printers using this system suffer ink flow problems so even though in my honest opinion these products are ridiculously over priced don't think its a faulty machine it's just the setup that needs tweaking in different places and the time consuming maintenance that needs to be adhered to especially with the head

Last edited by jonmig; October 19th, 2012 at 11:55 AM..

The Following User Says Thank You to jonmig For This Useful Post:
Kindelawards (October 21st, 2012)

Old October 21st, 2012 Oct 21, 2012 11:52:16 AM -   #19 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

You can call me: Jay

Sunday, printed 13 shirts and the 14th had one ink drop. Pictures are from right after the 13 shirt.

As I read the last post it seems that no matter what i do i will always have shirts that are waste becasue of ink drops. Don't see where the profit is good with that.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_0981.JPG (146.8 KB, 294 views)
File Type: jpg 100_0982.JPG (222.1 KB, 254 views)
File Type: jpg 100_0985.JPG (182.6 KB, 270 views)
File Type: jpg 100_0984.JPG (220.3 KB, 250 views)
File Type: jpg 100_0983.JPG (217.0 KB, 233 views)

Old October 21st, 2012 Oct 21, 2012 3:01:02 PM -   #20 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Randy
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Thanked 1,024 Times in 673 Posts

Dx5 printhead is the most common head used by DTG printers. Now is used also in Roland new wide format printers as well. So don't get to down yet.
What's the dealer saying? Don is usually pretty good. You are basicly dealing with a syphon system with a small positive pressure assist. Normally without the air assist you would change the bottle height to change the pressure to the head. A capping station that is not keeping drained properly. Partially clogged drain lines / capping station. Build up on wiper. What happens If u do a short clean cycle every 10 shirts?

Old October 21st, 2012 Oct 21, 2012 8:28:01 PM -   #21 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Can you tell me all that you are doing for maintenance? If I get a step by step procedure may help. Do you clean that spit tray at all?

Old November 18th, 2012 Nov 18, 2012 6:41:31 PM -   #22 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

as long as you clean the capping station and surroundings at the end of each day then it shouldn't have any ink drops. what you can do is probly do head clean in between so that excess ink is removed before continuing the prints.

how ever cleaning/maintaining the capping station etc is a must as you don't want the ink to be dried up and causing huge build ups.

Old November 18th, 2012 Nov 18, 2012 10:16:13 PM -   #23 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Sometimes if you don't watch your own process and have workers work on your projects they can put the silicone paper on the shirts and rub the ink all over the shirts. Make sure that you watch the entire process before making any judgements
jstarsinc likes this.

Old November 19th, 2012 Nov 19, 2012 3:24:59 PM -   #24 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Z
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

In seeing the ink collection at the bottom of the head (your pictures), I would say to check to see if the printer is level. If the ink level is too high in relation to the tubes and head, you will get a possitive flow where you really need a neutral balance. If your nozzle check is perfect (no difflection)Check the level of ink, The leveling of the overall printer and the highth of the carts or bottles that feed into the tubing.

If you print less than 20 shirts per day, or this happen after a time of dis-use, then your ink has settled or it may be old and separated. Usually if this is the case, you will not be able to get perfect nozzle checks.

Old March 23rd, 2013 Mar 23, 2013 11:47:04 AM -   #25 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

I would pay special attention to your capping station, and wiper blade, clean those areas exceptionally well, run a nozzle check, and check for deflection. The symptom of deflection is checking the lines in your nozzle check boxes. If the lines are not side stepping evenly then you have got deflection on your head. A good wiper blade make all the difference in these situations.

Old March 25th, 2013 Mar 25, 2013 3:37:07 PM -   #26 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Richard

This is so typical. People find every which way to not blame the machine. I have had my M2 for 9 months and it has been down for over 30% of the time! Currently it is broken again for a month and I get nothing but questions from tech support. I mailed them my mainboard (the problem) because I could not get them to believe it was the problem. They have had it for weeks and even promised to send me a new machine. Then because I am behind on the payments with the leasing company they don't want to do it now! The reason I can't make money to pay for the lease is because the machine has ruined my business! The warranty is worthless. The thing has so many holes in it, they basically don;t have to do anything as long as they decide YOU must have caused the problem. They don't have to actually prove this, they just say it. The warranty does not cover merchantability, which means the machine doesn't even have to do what they say it will do.
The machine did not come with a manual, I finally begged them enough, and they send a draft manual in a pdf file. The software manual says "draft" on it and it doesn't even come close to matching the actual software operation.
I have just enough money to go down to the ISS show and tell as many people there as possible how horrible the machine has been. I want to cost ColDesi as much money as they cost me. If I can prevent the sale of 4 printers, that will just about do it.

Last edited by secretagent81; March 25th, 2013 at 03:48 PM..

The Following User Says Thank You to secretagent81 For This Useful Post:
Kindelawards (July 20th, 2013)
Old April 16th, 2013 Apr 16, 2013 7:25:09 AM -   #27 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Gemma

Hi all.

We've had an M2 since the start of the year and it has been nothing but problematic. There hasn't been a day when i've come in and expected it to work at 100%. The main issue we have had is blocked ink. We have already had a new print head, within 2 weeks of getting it, and have just been told we may need another one, this one at a cost to us. We follow all the cleaning instructions to the smallest detail. First it was white, now yellow and magenta. We've also had communication issues between the pc and machine causing it to stop halfway through a print or spool and then not print.
It's such a shame as when it works it is a fantastic machine, but how can you market something that you have absolutely no confidence in. It has already cost me the 3 biggest jobs i've taken for it, because i've gone home with it working, returned the next day and it's not! We've also come to the end of our tether and are now seeking advice from our finance company as we just don't think we can continue. I have to say also that i feel for the tech guys. They seem to do the best they can, i know after talking to one of them here in the UK that they are way overstretched and when they've been here they've been helpful, i just don't think the machine is quite what is advertised.
ACME1 likes this.

The Following User Says Thank You to gemnip For This Useful Post:
Kindelawards (July 20th, 2013)
Old April 16th, 2013 Apr 16, 2013 8:01:22 AM -   #28 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Richard

I have had all of those problems!
For head cleaning: See attached file. Best head cleaning advice available. (apologies for not remembering who provided this on the forum--great doc). The only thing it fails to tell you is after you replace a cleaned head you need to run a small ink charge a couple of times to clear all the cleaning fluid from the head.

Also, have you tried running a small ink charge to clear the blockage?

On the Other problem: I have found the only way to clear that is to turn off the machine, unplug it, press the power button (clears all power from capacitors--same as leaving it unpluged for 5 mins). While it is off, you must restart your computer. I think it is a SW problem, not a machine issue, but once it happens you have to get a Fresh Start.

Hope this helps---My M2 has ruined my business too. Trying to recover now, but I have lost so many customers that I am basically starting from zero now. Its a race to see if I can fix my business fast enough to prevent the leasing company from repo my machine.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Print head Cleaning V1.1.pdf (1.89 MB, 208 views)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to secretagent81 For This Useful Post:
Kindelawards (July 20th, 2013), sunoracle (July 22nd, 2013)
Old April 19th, 2013 Apr 19, 2013 9:27:57 AM -   #29 (permalink)
Forum Member
Be nice, this is my first post :)

Hi Gemma -

Assuming that you are cleaning everything properly... If it is working at night and then not in the morning, it could be a capping station issue. If it is not an obvious problem, maybe your capping station and head are not aligned properly. (?)

Old April 19th, 2013 Apr 19, 2013 9:56:31 AM -   #30 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: jgabby
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

This PDF file will make my life easier

Very nice cleaning instructions :-) thank you to the author.

This is a discussion about DTG M2 Printing Issues that was posted in the DTG Brand section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in