[DTG Kiosk] K3 Registration Issue - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > DTG Brand
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future DTG Brand garment printer owners.

[DTG Kiosk] K3 Registration Issue

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old March 4th, 2012 Mar 4, 2012 6:55:52 PM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Robert
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default K3 Registration Issue

Just recently, every print has a top to bottom (Y axis) registration issue. The color layer is always a little further down the shirt than the white layer. See attached pic. What's wrong and how can I fix this?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg square.jpg (369.5 KB, 31 views)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 4th, 2012 Mar 4, 2012 7:12:00 PM -   #2 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

sunnydayz's Avatar  - this member was voted Most Helpful Member during our Annual August Member Appreciation Month

You can call me: BobbieLee
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Thanked 1,638 Times in 1,068 Posts

Default Re: K3 Registration Issue

Are you using Rip pro or printpro for your rip? You need to adjust the choke to correct the registration

Old March 4th, 2012 Mar 4, 2012 7:26:07 PM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

We are using RipPro. I played with the choke a little with no results. Any advice on what to change would be greatly appreciated.

Old March 4th, 2012 Mar 4, 2012 7:30:54 PM -   #4 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

sunnydayz's Avatar  - this member was voted Most Helpful Member during our Annual August Member Appreciation Month

Let me try to find a thread where I showed someone with screen shots on how to fix this issue, it might take me a couple minutes but it explains the adjustment process in rip pro as well as showing it pretty well. What are your numbers at right now on the four squares on the choke?

Old March 4th, 2012 Mar 4, 2012 7:36:17 PM -   #5 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Here is a a thread that explains the registration and choke pretty well, along with screen shots of what needs to be adjusted. https://www.t-shirtforums.com/dtg-brand/t75350.html, also are you printing with the same resolution and dpi on both layers, the white and the color. If not this could be the issue. If you are using different DPI on each layer, white and color, you need to set your white layer choke to match the color layer. I hope this helps

The Following User Says Thank You to sunnydayz For This Useful Post:
BoomDawgDesigns (March 15th, 2012)
Old March 4th, 2012 Mar 4, 2012 7:49:59 PM -   #6 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Thanked 1,037 Times in 869 Posts

I recently learned that if you tuck the shirts to tight in the platen it will do this to. If it's in there real tight for the white layer and it settles a little before the color layer it'll look like a registration problem. It's tricky because no matter how much you keep choking it in it'll keep doing it and it's because the shirt is just stretched a little on the platen.

So if you have tried adjusting the choke with no luck, try just laying the shirt on the platen and barely tucking it in on the sides. Tuck from the bottom instead of the top of the shirt also.

I just learned this helping Belquette in their booth at iss Orlando 2012. This recent discovery has helped me and I hope it helps others.

Swyped via tapatalk

Old March 12th, 2012 Mar 12, 2012 6:22:55 AM -   #7 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Steve
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I also had this problem initially. I worked out that the platen was sliding a little bit on the conveyor belt. This would cause white ink to be showing around the edge of the design.

A little bit of temporary adhesive spray on the bottom of the platen worked a treat.

Old March 15th, 2012 Mar 15, 2012 11:15:57 PM -   #8 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Got the issue resolved. After changing the top choke number to 12 everything worked a lot better. SCOTNEY86 - as for your platen sliding, try pulling the platen tight against one side or the other. If the problem still occurs, pull it to the other side. The conveyor belt will probably never pull perfectly straight, so one way or the other should keep the platen in line.

Old March 16th, 2012 Mar 16, 2012 11:51:52 AM -   #9 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Glad to hear you got it aligned and all is well

This is a discussion about K3 Registration Issue that was posted in the DTG Brand section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in