[DTG Brand] DTG Kiosk 3 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > DTG Brand
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future DTG Brand garment printer owners.

[DTG Brand] DTG Kiosk 3

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old February 24th, 2012 Feb 24, 2012 4:22:05 AM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Brad
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default DTG Kiosk 3

Hi Everyone.

We're screen printers (have been a very long time) anyhoo, we are going to a trade show early next week to look at Direct to garment printing machines. At the moment, we have our eyes on a DTG K3 as our probable choice.

As we all know, they are a lot of money. We also all know they can pay for themselves very quickly if used properly.

I was really looking for opinions on the Kiosk 3 from people who have been running one for a while. We've done our research, we've been given the running costs by the supplier (and doubled it) and have tried to look into the potential pitfalls as well as benefits of running a DTG machine.

I'd love to know your opinions guys. Obviously, at the show on monday, we'll hopefully be seeing the machine at its best so i'd really like to know how these machines have fitted with you.

Thanks in advance.

p.s we're not adverse to looking at other machines/brands but the K3 seems the best allrounder for us (we'll be printing on dark garments a lot)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 24th, 2012 Feb 24, 2012 5:47:49 PM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Roger

Default Re: DTG Kiosk 3

Hi Brad i saw your question and wanted to let you know our experience. we purchased the dtg raptor which i think is the same one you are calling kiosk 3. we have been real happy with this machine the big thing is software and support programs. we currnetly are using corel draw with the rip software. i hope this helps

The Following User Says Thank You to oaic427 For This Useful Post:
brad99 (February 25th, 2012)
Old February 25th, 2012 Feb 25, 2012 12:23:34 AM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

We use Corel too so it is good to hear a positive experience from someone who would have a similar setup to us.

Many thanks.

We are still a little wary. Mainly due to the high cost and some real horror stories that I've seen on the Internet. I suppose people will always be more inclined to post about a real negative experience rather than their regular, consistent day to day experiences.

Old February 25th, 2012 Feb 25, 2012 6:02:41 PM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Brad the only thing that i can tell about dtg is you really need to know your art software as far as running the machine its pretty simple. we have figured our profit margin and we feel we are doing fine. The thing you have to keep in mind is that these machines are made for short runs and that is where you make your best money. With that in mind we do also larger orders but it takes a bigger amount of time. If you are going to be doing larger orders you might want to look at the next size up machine it is called the viper. Hope this helps

Old February 26th, 2012 Feb 26, 2012 12:37:46 AM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Thanks roger.

We're well set up as our primary business is screening and embroidery. We think running a kiosk 3 or similar will plug the gap we currently have for multi colour/4 colour process printing on short runs. It's such a ball ache to set up multi colours for short runs and the setup costs are huge for our customers. We're also setting up a new ecommerce website so we can finally start selling stock designs without having to carry potential dead stock.

We're really excited about the prospect of moving into dtg. I've been running Corel for 12 years so I'm pretty confident that the design side is ready to roll.

I'll keep you updated on our progress tomorrow.

Many thanks for your advice and input so far. Really useful!

Old February 26th, 2012 Feb 26, 2012 4:13:04 AM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Hey guys its alright using Coreldraw for vector designs however the K3 rip ...printpro in the uk ,rip pro in the US works with psd photoshop files which cover most customers needs when then send in multicolour digital images so you really need to work with photoshop as well and request atleast 300dpi resolution from your customers ...

The Following User Says Thank You to jonmig For This Useful Post:
brad99 (February 26th, 2012)
Old February 26th, 2012 Feb 26, 2012 10:46:20 AM -   #7 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Yes Jon you are correct the rip program is very important and we use it alot also. I just wanted to assure Brad that dtg can be profitable and workable with the dtg raptor. Thanks for your imput

Old February 27th, 2012 Feb 27, 2012 6:12:07 AM -   #8 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Well, the show was great. I had a really long and useful demo of the Kiosk 3 machine. The print results were really excellent. We were so pleased with the overall quality of the machine that we have ordered one!

The best bit is we got £1000 knocked off the price for ordering at the show!

I'm really looking forward to the machine. It may well change a lot of what we do and how we do it!

Thanks for your insights guys!

Old March 18th, 2012 Mar 18, 2012 5:43:37 AM -   #9 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Brad how much did you pay in total then? And which company did you buy from?

Thanks

Old March 20th, 2012 Mar 20, 2012 2:21:23 AM -   #10 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

we bought our Kiosk 3 from yesltd.co.uk It cost us £9500 plus VAT, which included training at yes, installation, additional training at our shop, RIP software and all the consumables we needed to start working!

The machine has been running just over a week and i have to say we are really pleased so far. It is so easy to use. After 'dialing it in' to suit our needs at hasn't stopped work! It has fitted in with us really well. As screen printers it is difficult to price multi colour work for short runs....well, now we can! And its took away all of the tedious setup time connected with multi colour screening. Our screening is all manual, no auto machines here...our new K3 is so much faster (and cleaner) and as we use tunnel driers, we can cure longer DTG print runs without using the heat press!

The team at yes were really helpful before purchase and during installation. We haven't had to call them for any tech support yet as the machine is so user friendly!

Highly recommend a K3 guys!

Old March 20th, 2012 Mar 20, 2012 4:59:19 AM -   #11 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

May I ask what tunnel drier you use ?
About to follow your set up, here in Canada glad to hear positive feedback.
How about daily maintenance ?
Do you need to do any if the machine sits for 2-3 days unused?

Old March 20th, 2012 Mar 20, 2012 9:57:38 AM -   #12 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

We have two 1.5meter ceramic element dryers manufactured by panther in the uk.

Daily maintenance: easy peasy. 2 mins in the morning and 2 mins at the end of the day. The machine can be left over the weekend and I've been told you can go 3-4 days at a real push, you will want to flush it out if you are going to leave it any longer.

Just as an extra regarding curing. You do get a different finish using a tunnel rather than a heat press. Not much different but worth noting!

Old March 20th, 2012 Mar 20, 2012 2:39:59 PM -   #13 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

That sounds not bad, I would flush it when we have a week with no orders etc..
Kiosk 3 refurb with warranty is really within budget vs $20++K for newest models coming out.

People seem to like this model, in this price range.
2 platens, quick or fast print lays white and colour one after the other in one process.

The drier reduces labour vs Heat press, and seem to cost similar to a good press.(around here).

So close to calling for delivery today.
Open ink system is one issue vs closed and ink wastage on cleaning ?

Oh, and has anyone tried printing Golf balls with it by chance ?

Last edited by stevegamble; March 20th, 2012 at 04:27 PM..

Old March 21st, 2012 Mar 21, 2012 12:22:30 AM -   #14 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

well, we should receive ours next week. we are an experienced (5yrs) dtg printshop with three machines running so far. will report back when we actually used it.

Old March 21st, 2012 Mar 21, 2012 4:29:42 AM -   #15 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by davitos
well, we should receive ours next week. we are an experienced (5yrs) dtg printshop with three machines running so far. will report back when we actually used it.
Please tell, what machines are you using now, is the Kiosk 3 an upgrade or just adding more because you're busy?

Be really nice if you gave a comparison of the machines you have to the Kiosk 3.
user friendly rip software.
like/dislike the ink system.(why)
maintaining the unit in comparison. (time and ease)

My 3 things, that which I wonder how they compare.

reliability etc.. will have to wait 6 months.

I was looking at Anajet M5 but 25K is just a bit too much for our first machine, as our test.
Refurbed Kiosk 3 out there with a year of warranty are less than 1/2 that with training and delivery inc

This is a discussion about DTG Kiosk 3 that was posted in the DTG Brand section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in