[DTG Brand] DTG Kiosk 3 - Page 3 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > DTG Brand
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future DTG Brand garment printer owners.

[DTG Brand] DTG Kiosk 3

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old April 3rd, 2012 Apr 3, 2012 5:31:03 AM -   #31 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Gareth
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: DTG Kiosk 3

Hi Davitos

Check that the size of your platen matches the printable size in the windows driver and Print Pro printer setup page. It also sounds as if the media switch is not registering the platen correctly for the second pass, check that the media switch located on the orange bed isn't getting stuck down during the first white layer, if it is remove the two holding screws and clean the inside of the switch mechanism.
hope this helps

Best regards

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 3rd, 2012 Apr 3, 2012 5:37:01 AM -   #32 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

hi gareth, thanks!

with windows driver you mean the epson generic driver for the r1900? where do i check if its the same printing size?

media switch is the sensor in the middle of the printer? the one that clicks when it registers a platen? or what do you mean by stuck down?

thanks!

Old April 3rd, 2012 Apr 3, 2012 6:45:39 AM -   #33 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: jane

Hi,

really sorry i am using a single platen as i don't have room to put extensions on. And am unsure what rip pro is on my computer. All i know is it works together.
Did you buy your from them?

Old April 3rd, 2012 Apr 3, 2012 6:49:04 AM -   #34 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

The media switch is located halfway down the travelator belt it registers the correct platen length and can start sticking with a build up of ink....

Old April 5th, 2012 Apr 5, 2012 5:17:21 AM -   #35 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Brad

Well, I have to say that i am impressed.

I've just finished a job for 90 tee shirts on our K3 (30 white, 30 black, 30 red). It's the first 'larger job' we have done and the machine did really well. We had a mini meltdown about half way through when the keypad on the printer packed up. 20 mins faffing around and we were back up and running!

We've been running about a month with it and we've encountered all sorts of challenges but the machine came through in the end.

I took great pleasure in going through my daily shut down! i won't use it again for the rest of the day. It's earned a rest and so have I!

and.....a grand total of just under £25 in ink for the entire run which was a bargain !!!

The Following User Says Thank You to brad99 For This Useful Post:
uktech (April 6th, 2012)
Old April 5th, 2012 Apr 5, 2012 6:36:50 AM -   #36 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Brad how big is the design ,even 30 shirts at 83p sounds wrong for just white ink usually it comes in at well over £1 per shirt through the ink cost calculator?

Old April 5th, 2012 Apr 5, 2012 7:28:24 AM -   #37 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

good reading

https://www.t-shirtforums.com/direct-...g/t106164.html

The Following User Says Thank You to jonmig For This Useful Post:
brad99 (April 5th, 2012)
Old April 5th, 2012 Apr 5, 2012 7:59:37 AM -   #38 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: jane

Hi,

Just finished doing our print run for today. And the last one of the day had little drops of white ink where is should not be. Print came up great . Colours and white came out brilliant.
But just wondering if anyone can give me some idea what's causing this ?
Have cleaned down everything after print .

Thanks Jane

Old April 5th, 2012 Apr 5, 2012 9:06:29 AM -   #39 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonmig
Brad how big is the design ,even 30 shirts at 83p sounds wrong for just white ink usually it comes in at well over £1 per shirt through the ink cost calculator?
I ran 3 designs. 2 were virtually the same. On my white shirts it was costing me 10p per print, colours coming in at around 35p each and black tees were at around 24p each.

During the run I was messing around with how much white I was putting down so my figures did alter radically for a while. At one stage my colour prints were costing my between 80p and £1 so I dialled it back to my original settings without any real degradation in coverage.

All my images were around 260mm square but didn't really have areas of heavy ink coverage. I must admit that I designed the logos help me save a few £ on inks (I'm really mean!!!). When I get back to the workshop on Tuesday I'll upload some images if you want.

I did a couple more 'walk in jobs' before starting the bigger run today. The designs used then were big, a3 prints with lots of white coverage......costs went up to about £1.15 in those cases.

I guess you take the rough with the smooth!!!

I used a ton of pretreat today though, yes will be getting a call on Tuesday so I can restock my bits and bobs!

Old April 5th, 2012 Apr 5, 2012 9:07:39 AM -   #40 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by janem
Hi,

Just finished doing our print run for today. And the last one of the day had little drops of white ink where is should not be. Print came up great . Colours and white came out brilliant.
But just wondering if anyone can give me some idea what's causing this ?
Have cleaned down everything after print .

Thanks Jane
Haven't come up against this one yet so sorry, can't help

Old April 5th, 2012 Apr 5, 2012 10:56:05 AM -   #41 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Ah cheers Brad makes sense 10"x10"
not a big graphic it's the full size a3+ that cost the big bucks in white ink ,as the other forum members stated in their survey ,look forward to seeing what you printed

Old April 12th, 2012 Apr 12, 2012 2:55:55 AM -   #42 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Hey Brad... still interested to see your design

Old April 12th, 2012 Apr 12, 2012 3:24:18 AM -   #43 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

I'd totally forgot, we've had a really busy week in the workshop!

anyhoo, I only have 1 of the 3 designs on a photo at the mo (attached) apologies for the washed out quality...a quick pic with my phone camera was all i could grab as the goods were going out the door!

The finished shirts were really vivid. The graduation between oranges and yellow looked really cool...nice and bright too! (the image doesnt do it justice!!)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg macacad.jpg (458.7 KB, 37 views)

Old April 12th, 2012 Apr 12, 2012 5:32:54 AM -   #44 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Vnice artwork Brad ,now the costings make sense you really know how to tweak those settings lol

Old April 23rd, 2012 Apr 23, 2012 7:06:23 AM -   #45 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

thought i'd check in as our k3 has really become part of the furniture now.

Still really happy with the machine. Now we've been running a little longer we are starting to see how our machine likes to behave in our workshop environment.

I have to keep close tabs on our encoder strip, cleaning it more often than originally suggested. Only because we have a lot of cotton fibre floating around the shop (very close to one of our embroidery machines). I was cleaning the strip on friday and i accidentally unclipped it at one end. As soon as it happened i went cold and started panicking.....this was going to be expensive. Anyhoo, i managed to feed it back into place and we were back in action again!

So, all good stuff. Today has been a joy. I've been printing smallish left breast logos onto white garments......which meant that the cost per piece was a penny! brilliant!!!

Down side, I had to place my first order for new inks and a few bits like pretreatment........nearly £600!!! ouch!!

it hurts now but it'll last for yonks! (hopefully)

happy dtg printing!

This is a discussion about DTG Kiosk 3 that was posted in the DTG Brand section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in