[DTG Brand] DTG Kiosk 3 - Page 2 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > DTG Brand
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future DTG Brand garment printer owners.

[DTG Brand] DTG Kiosk 3

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old March 21st, 2012 Mar 21, 2012 4:46:21 AM -   #16 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: DTG Kiosk 3

we currently run two t-jet 2s and a tjet blazer and a viper pretreatment machine.

we purchased a k3 due to the following reasons:
> needed more production capacity
> ability to print 2 shirts in one run (extension rollers)
> same rip as t-jet blazer only rebranded cadlink sign (actually we can do multirip now: 1 rip for all printers)
> faster production speed compared to blazer and t-jet
> same inks / same pretreatment process
> same printheads as the blazer / general availablility of the heads through epson seller
> t-jet 2s are all end of lifecycle (no more printheads available from epson in europe and only available through dtg distributors which sell them at ridiculous pricepoints)

there is no difference in the maintainance process.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 27th, 2012 Mar 27, 2012 2:01:47 AM -   #17 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Brad which ink have they started you off with on your machine ,Prism (30 sec cure) or Dupont ? cheers

Old March 27th, 2012 Mar 27, 2012 6:36:52 AM -   #18 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Brad

I'm afraid i don't know. I must admit that the inks are still a grey area for me at this stage. I can tell you that the recommended cure time is 2 mins under a press so i don't think it is 30 sec cure option.

I've attached a pic of a bottle. As you can see....re-branded

This is a useful question as I would love to know what inks (uk based) other users are buying. This stuff is really expensive, but we've costed it appropriately. If we can get cheaper, high quality inks...i'm in!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ink.jpg (43.1 KB, 23 views)

Old March 27th, 2012 Mar 27, 2012 12:13:27 PM -   #19 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Hi Brad ,the DP I believe stands for Dupont they are an American company and noted to be the best inks on the market ,used by all the DTG machines except the big money brands like Kornet and Brother of whom both produce their own inks,in the Uk there are only about 3 main DTG ink producers/suppliers and to be honest prices are about the same ,hopefully things will change in the future but I wouldn't hold my breath this is where the real profit is made...

The Following User Says Thank You to jonmig For This Useful Post:
brad99 (March 27th, 2012)
Old March 30th, 2012 Mar 30, 2012 2:32:33 AM -   #20 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Well. Today is the first day I have had any problems and boy are we having problems.

Firstly this morning it was printing orange instead of black! Did the usual switch it of and then on a again, did a head clean just in case and I was on my way again. It then decided not to print the second pass on its print run scrapping a couple of garments. never mind.

Switched to another computer just in case there was an error in data transfer. The machine started running well again until....half way through printing a shirt there was a loud grinding noise and no more printing. the print head seemed to have locked up at the far end of the guide rail. switched it off and manually released it.

since then i've been getting error messages and when it does work...terrible print quality.

The above is exactly what I feared before purchasing. I'm sure it is easily fixed but I need to walk away from it at the moment (I love technology when it goes wrong)

I've decided to clean it and leave it until monday before I call for support as I am tired and frustrated.

Oh dear!

Old March 30th, 2012 Mar 30, 2012 5:52:51 AM -   #21 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

hi guys,

we purchased a new k3 machine which we imported from the usa. as we dont have support locally yet, i have some questions you guys might be able to help me out with:

> i need to buy new fuses for the back of the printer to keep them in stock. what specs do these fuses have exactly? i cant really tell from a burnt fuse we have.

> our wims system does not come with a stirrer. we believe that without the stirrer, the the pressure of the wims might get too much volatge causing the wims to overpressure the system? what happened was that the yellow ink spilled and that the white ink channel that flows back into the white ink container got loose and spilled white ink.

is it possible to not use the wims system? i am guessing when the power of the wims is disconnected, there is no ink flow of white to the dampers? is that correct?

> how do i manually release the carriage from the capping station without powering on the machine?

thank you so much!

david

Old March 30th, 2012 Mar 30, 2012 6:11:58 AM -   #22 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

wish i could help with all your q's but regards to the wims system. The white ink will settle very quickly without being stirred.

consider that the wims has a timer to stir the ink at regular intervals, ours kicks in every 3 hours. whatever the right/wrong way of using the system is, I'd keep that white ink moving all the time!

Old March 30th, 2012 Mar 30, 2012 6:41:49 AM -   #23 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

hi brad, thanks!

does the white work if you disconnect the wims from power?

could you tell me if its possible to release the carriage with power off?

and could you check what your fuse specs are on the back of the printer where the power plug is?

thanks!

Old March 31st, 2012 Mar 31, 2012 1:35:22 AM -   #24 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Hi Brad no matter how well you look after these machines you will get print problems with the ink especially the white ink as the Dx5 heads block up for fun their just a pain to keep clear even Epson original inks can cause problems ,the grinding that you heard is a safety cog slipping on the capping station ,loud and alarming but doing no harm it happens when the head is out of sync with the station and possibly the wiper is up ,the head moves back and forth and goes through a checkup routine if something is out it throws an error up the way to get all your timeing correct is to place a screwdriver in the slot on the side and follow my previous post explaining the procedure or ask YES to show you how, this also releases the head even when the power to the printer is off ...

brad99 (March 31st, 2012)
Old March 31st, 2012 Mar 31, 2012 3:06:12 AM -   #25 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

I was hoping that it wasn't too bad. I spoke to yes briefly yesterday and they got me past my initial error 010 problems. After that I did my daily maintenance and went home.

I will attack it with fresh zeal on Monday! Good post jonmig, just what I needed to read!!!!

Old April 2nd, 2012 Apr 2, 2012 7:16:51 AM -   #26 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

well, it wasn't too bad afterall!

We had a couple of problems at the same time which made it feel like our k3 was going into meltdown!

1, a general (simple) capping station fault. 1st time for us so wasn't really aware of how to get it sorted. 2 mins to get it sorted! massive relief!

2nd problem was as stupid as this, our encoder strip had a bit of muck on it and was sending prints bonkers....print head kept slamming into the far end and making a horrible grinding noise.

Lessons learned. I knew about the encoder strip but hadn't cleaned it thoroughly enough! it was enough to make me think that the entire machine was as good as scrap!

I have to say that my supplier tech support was second to none. Thanks again vince if you read these forums!

machine is now printing as good as new....I am now no longer tearing my hair out!

I still love DTG Printing!!!

Old April 2nd, 2012 Apr 2, 2012 9:04:07 AM -   #27 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Great news Brad ,just wait til you see it with the cover off it does look like a load of scrap lol ...I don't think Vince looks at these forums nor does Wayne (their top engineer) ,maybe they should to defend YES's reputation ,they are top guys and very knowleable thats how I learn't by watching and talking to them but if you don't have a warranty it can cost a small fortune ,don't change your inks or they will void it straight away Brad

uktech (April 2nd, 2012)
Old April 3rd, 2012 Apr 3, 2012 12:07:34 AM -   #28 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

vince looked after my training and wayne did our install.

good guys!

Old April 3rd, 2012 Apr 3, 2012 5:11:29 AM -   #29 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: jane

Hi,

I am happy with yes service. I had kev to do our training. And wayne to do our install. Which as we a 3 hr drive and then up 2 sets of stairs was a killer. But they have been very helpful and any problems they have sorted over the phone.

Old April 3rd, 2012 Apr 3, 2012 5:15:54 AM -   #30 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

is anyone of you guys using printpro 5 and the 2UP platen (provided you have extension rollers)?

we still cannot get past the issue when the printer gives us MEDIA Settings error after we printed white ink underbase.
we use the template that came with the printer package:
> 2UP template (measures 33.02cm x 81.28cm)

i think this is a software issue and the printer sees the platen wrong somehow erroring out?

thanks!

This is a discussion about DTG Kiosk 3 that was posted in the DTG Brand section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in