[DTG HM1] Pulling through to dampers - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > DTG Brand
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future DTG Brand garment printer owners.

[DTG HM1] Pulling through to dampers

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old May 25th, 2011 May 25, 2011 5:39:35 AM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: Tony
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Pulling through to dampers

Fatcatz Printz etc will probably be sick of me now

I haven't been able to print white for ages, after loads of things tried I'm trying to get a new head. Now the black lines are only showing half on nozzle checks but it will either be top half or bottom half, it alternates on nozzle checks, this makes me think there's an ink starvation problem.

When I pull through the dampers with a syringe should I be seeing ink filling the syringe right away if the flow is good?

As this is not happening, I'm worried I'm filling the dampers with air pockets, when I took the dampers out of the head, some of the ink lines sucked back towards the bottles as well.

What's the best procedure (pity I can't suck as the lines in my mouth)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 25th, 2011 May 25, 2011 5:55:14 AM -   #2 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Harry
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Thanked 1,068 Times in 915 Posts

Default Re: Pulling through to dampers

Quote:
Originally Posted by utero
Fatcatz Printz etc will probably be sick of me now

I haven't been able to print white for ages, after loads of things tried I'm trying to get a new head. Now the black lines are only showing half on nozzle checks but it will either be top half or bottom half, it alternates on nozzle checks, this makes me think there's an ink starvation problem.

When I pull through the dampers with a syringe should I be seeing ink filling the syringe right away if the flow is good?

As this is not happening, I'm worried I'm filling the dampers with air pockets, when I took the dampers out of the head, some of the ink lines sucked back towards the bottles as well.

Hold the damper upside down so that the bottom faces up. Stick the syringe end into the damper opening and pull up slightly on the syringe handle. The ink should start flowing into the damper. Holding the damper upside down and filling it in that position should prevent air pockets.

Harry
Equipment Zone

Old May 25th, 2011 May 25, 2011 7:24:15 AM -   #3 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Thanked 1,037 Times in 869 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by utero

You need to hold the syringe up against the damper make sure its a flat syringe not one with a tip. When pulling and the ink flow into it but when you turn back upside down the ink sucks back into the line???

if that's the case you have air leak somewhere.

I added a picture of Pat's demonstration how its done of course your lines will be attached. But keeping the syringe tight with the damper ink should flow fairly easy, fill into the damper and you should be able to flip back onto the printhead.

How many are doing these??

Last edited by FatKat Printz; June 18th, 2011 at 10:34 PM..

Old May 26th, 2011 May 26, 2011 4:13:56 AM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

Primed the dampers that way and got ink pulling through to syringe. White still dead so I'd say it's head, black is still off/on, not consistent in the patterns on the nozzle check - any ideas?

Old May 26th, 2011 May 26, 2011 4:45:12 AM -   #5 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Thanked 1,037 Times in 869 Posts

Its been awhile now.. I am sure its the head.

Did you get ink pulling back into the line?

After you primed the dampers, did you do a head clean? Or ink charge?

If you looking in your capping station are all the colors there?

So all white ink channels are dead and black is iffy? This is in the nozzle checks right you haven't tried printing?

The Following User Says Thank You to FatKat Printz For This Useful Post:
utero (May 28th, 2011)
Old May 26th, 2011 May 26, 2011 7:12:51 AM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

I've done ink charge and cleaning, the white was showing a few spots but is now non existent. Black was fine but a few days ago it started to go. Sometimes the nozzle check prints the black numbers before the nozzles check, sometimes not.

The pic is of my capping station currently, as you can see there is some black in the white head cap. I've got to the point where I wish this HM1 would talk and tell me it's troubles

Old May 28th, 2011 May 28, 2011 2:00:48 AM -   #7 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

Thanks to advice from FatKat Printz I am now back in black and glad to be back

This is a discussion about Pulling through to dampers that was posted in the DTG Brand section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in