[DTG Kiosk 2] How full need the white dampers need to be on WIMS II - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > DTG Brand
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future DTG Brand garment printer owners.

[DTG Kiosk 2] How full need the white dampers need to be on WIMS II

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old February 15th, 2011 Feb 15, 2011 2:42:23 PM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Henk
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default How full need the white dampers need to be on WIMS II

I just aquired a KIOSK II with the WIMS 2 system, My question is on these dampers howw full are they supposed to be ( the round clear circle)

Second I am having a hard time with the software and can not for the life of it get a white print when sending the art as suggested in the manual.

If someone can guide me over the phone or send a cheat sheet with the basic steps on the setup in rip pro and the proper workflow when printing/ sending art out of Photoshop I will be more than willing to pay you for the service.

I can print excellent prints in cmyk, just the white has me stumped. I have owned several DTG printers with different software and never had a hard time like this rip pro V4

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 15th, 2011 Feb 15, 2011 3:07:11 PM -   #2 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Thanked 1,037 Times in 869 Posts

Default Re: How full need the white dampers need to be on WIMS II

Quote:
Originally Posted by grafixhenk
I just aquired a KIOSK II with the WIMS 2 system, My question is on these dampers howw full are they supposed to be ( the round clear circle)

Second I am having a hard time with the software and can not for the life of it get a white print when sending the art as suggested in the manual.

If someone can guide me over the phone or send a cheat sheet with the basic steps on the setup in rip pro and the proper workflow when printing/ sending art out of Photoshop I will be more than willing to pay you for the service.

I can print excellent prints in cmyk, just the white has me stumped. I have owned several DTG printers with different software and never had a hard time like this rip pro V4
How are you priming your dampers???

which RIP version do you have??

Old February 15th, 2011 Feb 15, 2011 3:10:44 PM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

I just used the ink fill pump to prime the dampers, I do get a 100% nozzle check the rip pro is version 4

Old February 15th, 2011 Feb 15, 2011 3:45:48 PM -   #4 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Randy
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Thanked 1,024 Times in 673 Posts

Is rip pro generating two files one for white and one for color. If not then it is in the basic setup. Are you printing directly from the art program or importing into the rip and printing.

Old February 15th, 2011 Feb 15, 2011 3:49:40 PM -   #5 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Need to prime your dampers with a syringe. Otherwise nozzle checks are the only things that will print "100%".

PAT

Old February 15th, 2011 Feb 15, 2011 3:53:35 PM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

OK, on our large format printers they need to be 3/4 full Is it the same on large the white ink dampers

We changed all kinds of settings on the rip and printer settings with no results on generating a white and color print. I studied the manual and did go through every step. I am trying to drop the file in the hot folder and also importing the file in the rip with no result

Old February 15th, 2011 Feb 15, 2011 3:56:33 PM -   #7 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by grafixhenk
I just used the ink fill pump to prime the dampers, I do get a 100% nozzle check the rip pro is version 4
to properly prime the dampers (avoid starvation) is to take each one of them off, hold upside down and pull ink from the bottom with a syringe.. until they are full..

Do this with each one..

Last edited by FatKat Printz; February 15th, 2011 at 09:10 PM..

The Following User Says Thank You to FatKat Printz For This Useful Post:
grafixhenk (February 15th, 2011)
Old February 15th, 2011 Feb 15, 2011 4:01:17 PM -   #8 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

OK, I will do that first thing tomorrow and get the dampers filled. Now I just need to figure out how to get the darn thing to print a white layer in the rip pro.

Thanks

Old February 15th, 2011 Feb 15, 2011 4:22:11 PM -   #9 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Ok the big question on the rip is which is version 4, in photoshop is there a need to create a white layer or can I send the file to the printer and in the settings check auto white layer.

There seems to be some confusion from what I am reading on the forum

Old February 15th, 2011 Feb 15, 2011 9:06:43 PM -   #10 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Rip won't recognize 100% white. Needs to be 99% white. For example in cmyk instead of being C:0 M:0 Y:0 K:0 Throw a 1 in the cyan. Rip won't actually print the one percent of cyan it will just recognize it to print it. In RGB R:254 G:253 B:254 I don't create in photoshop so i'm not positive how to do it in there.

PAT

This is a discussion about How full need the white dampers need to be on WIMS II that was posted in the DTG Brand section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in