[DTG Brand] white underbase alignment - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > DTG Brand
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future DTG Brand garment printer owners.

[DTG Brand] white underbase alignment

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old February 14th, 2011 Feb 14, 2011 5:21:12 PM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Mary Ellen
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Unhappy white underbase alignment

I am printing design with white underbase on dark shirts and the underbase is not matching the color layer. It starts fine, but by the end of the design the white will be showing about a 1/16 of an inch. Almost as if the white layer is a little longer than the color layer. Someone said to reverse the platens but that didn't work. I thought I read somewhere about adjusting the feed in the rip settings. But I am not sure which way to go. Anyone else having this problem and if so how do I fix it. Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 14th, 2011 Feb 14, 2011 5:24:18 PM -   #2 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Thanked 1,037 Times in 869 Posts

Default Re: white underbase alignment

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stoptees
I am printing design with white underbase on dark shirts and the underbase is not matching the color layer. It starts fine, but by the end of the design the white will be showing about a 1/16 of an inch. Almost as if the white layer is a little longer than the color layer. Someone said to reverse the platens but that didn't work. I thought I read somewhere about adjusting the feed in the rip settings. But I am not sure which way to go. Anyone else having this problem and if so how do I fix it. Thanks in advance.
What kind of Printer?
What is your RIP software?
What graphic software are you using?

Old February 14th, 2011 Feb 14, 2011 5:46:51 PM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Sorry, It's DTG Viper, Rip Pro V.04.1, Corel Draw X4 and Photoshop CS4, happens with either program. Thanks

Old July 14th, 2012 Jul 14, 2012 9:43:18 AM -   #4 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

You can call me: Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stoptees
Sorry, It's DTG Viper, Rip Pro V.04.1, Corel Draw X4 and Photoshop CS4, happens with either program. Thanks
Hi there i was wondering if you figured out the how to hide the white underbase, i'm having this same issue now and i using the same viper with rip pro v04 and cs5 photoshop. any help would be appreciated i have tried adjusting the feed and choke setting and had no luck. if you figured out a solution can you share

Thanks
Rick

Old September 24th, 2012 Sep 24, 2012 6:05:59 AM -   #5 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: [email protected]

I have a DTG Viper, using Rip Pro C5, CorelDraw X5, having the same issues...any solutions???

Old September 24th, 2012 Sep 24, 2012 7:53:53 AM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

I was still having the problem, but my machine went down and was down for about 3-4 months because I didn't have time to work on it. Have now replaced the mother board , printhead, dampers, capping station and cleaned out all the ink lines. Even replaced the computer. We are printing on white just fine and about to start the colored shirts today. See how everything goes. I do not think that the misalignment had anything to do with my printer going down, but we will see if all this new stuff fixes the problem. I must say though that Coldesi(SWF East) has been very helpful an their service tech talked me through alot. Can't say enough for all their help and my machine is 2.1/2 years old. Thanks guys!
Mary Ellen
PS I think I can take this machine apart in my sleep now.

Old September 25th, 2012 Sep 25, 2012 12:37:28 AM -   #7 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Anthony Bruce Creek

Did you try adjusting the screws in the back and tighten the belt? Usually if it walks then you know you have an issue. Rip setting are a must and need to be correct.

Old September 26th, 2012 Sep 26, 2012 8:19:46 PM -   #8 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Jonno

To cancel out rip or Printer, why not print a 2 layer colour print, if the allignment is good then sounds like a rip issue.

Old September 27th, 2012 Sep 27, 2012 1:51:41 AM -   #9 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Boguslaw

Yeah I have the same issue on my kiosk 3, two whites print fine, black shirts print fine, but underbase on color shirts is 3 mm off verticaly, and color layer is horizontaly "squished" by 2 mm on left and right side:/

It starts to by annoing.

Any one form DTG Digital can adress this issue ? Don? Jerry?

Old October 22nd, 2016 Oct 22, 2016 12:46:20 PM -   #10 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

You can call me: Kero

I have same problem exactly epson 4880

Old October 22nd, 2016 Oct 22, 2016 3:25:38 PM -   #11 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: Dan

Try printing unidirectional. If that fixes the issue then try to adjust the white layer choke (not sure if that is an option with your rip but with PrintPro you can do it). Also make sure the encoder strip is clean.

Old October 22nd, 2016 Oct 22, 2016 4:16:16 PM -   #12 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

You can call me: Kero

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakedts
Try printing unidirectional. If that fixes the issue then try to adjust the white layer choke (not sure if that is an option with your rip but with PrintPro you can do it). Also make sure the encoder strip is clean.
I printed with unidirectional but same problem

I see big difference if white and colors not same resolution and the difference be small if both same resolution.

I use AcroRip .. I hope fix this problem

Old November 28th, 2016 Nov 28, 2016 2:24:04 AM -   #13 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

It has nothing to do with anything. It's a media feed adjustment. It just needs to be calibrated. I don't know how to do it on the viper. I do know on the M2. It has nothing to do with the machine performance. It's a setting that needs to be adjusted.
I have to do it on my M2 machines every few months. It just seems to get off slightly over time.

Old December 18th, 2016 Dec 18, 2016 8:25:27 AM -   #14 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Ali

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredBuffalo
It has nothing to do with anything. It's a media feed adjustment. It just needs to be calibrated. I don't know how to do it on the viper. I do know on the M2. It has nothing to do with the machine performance. It's a setting that needs to be adjusted.
I have to do it on my M2 machines every few months. It just seems to get off slightly over time.
can you tell me how can I calibrate it on DTG M2 ? I have same problem on M2

Old December 31st, 2016 Dec 31, 2016 9:20:35 AM -   #15 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

The best advice I can give is to watch the videos. Coldesi has training videos on their website. Also you can go to you tube and type in DTG M2 and their is all kinds of videos on there dealing with all kinds of issues including this one.
It would take me to long to type it all on here. I also have to watch them. I have had an M2 for 4 going on 5 year's but I still have to watch the videos do to the fact I can't remember how to do it. I have done it many times though.

I just see to many people post on here wrong information. People end up doing way too many unnecessary things. Start with the basics first before you go tearing the machine apart.

The Following User Says Thank You to InspiredBuffalo For This Useful Post:
alikiakazemi (January 1st, 2017)

This is a discussion about white underbase alignment that was posted in the DTG Brand section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in