[DTG Brand] DTG maintenance - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > DTG Brand
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future DTG Brand garment printer owners.

[DTG Brand] DTG maintenance

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old March 9th, 2010 Mar 9, 2010 10:56:57 AM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Unhappy DTG maintenance

Hi, i have a dtg tee shirt printer (epson r2400 printer), and as of right now it is not working correctly. It is going thru all the funtions of head cleanings, and ink charges. It even does nozzle checks. The top part moves and all. But the problem is that when we do nozzle checks and actual prints there is no ink comming out of the machine at all. I replaced the print head and the print head cables, and that did not fix the problem. If anyone has any inkling of what this problem can possibly be, i would love to hear some information or advise to what anyone thinks is causing this. Right now i am unable to use my machine at all, and i don't know how to fix it. Thank you all very much.
Kendra22

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 9th, 2010 Mar 9, 2010 11:23:43 AM -   #2 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

sunnydayz's Avatar  - this member was voted Most Helpful Member during our Annual August Member Appreciation Month

You can call me: BobbieLee
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Thanked 1,638 Times in 1,068 Posts

Default Re: DTG maintenance

Hi Kendra,

To me it sounds like your fuse on your main board has blown or you have a bad ribbon cable. Since you changed out your cables it sounds like unfortunately its your motherboard. This happened on my machine, where it went through all the steps of printing, but no ink was coming out. Is your machine still under warranty? If so then I would call the distributor and have them look at it. If not you could always call Harry at equipment zone and see if he could solder a new fuse into the board for you. Unfortunately dtg brand printers do not have the fuse where it can just be changed like some machines, it is integrated into the main board itself.

Hope this helps.

Old March 10th, 2010 Mar 10, 2010 1:22:00 PM -   #3 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Hi~thanks for writting me back. Unfortunatly, i bought this from an outside person and i do not have a warranty. In the meantime, i talked to pantograms, and they told me there were 5 motherboards on here, and i don't know which one went out (or the fuse, that went out). If you can let me know where that was on your machine then that might help me locate the fuse on my machine. This way i can have that checked out. Thank you for your help. Much appreciation.
Kendra

Old March 10th, 2010 Mar 10, 2010 1:35:11 PM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Can you see ink in the lines?

Stephanie

Old March 11th, 2010 Mar 11, 2010 2:10:40 AM -   #5 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

is a forum sponsor who has contributed over 1000 helpful posts in the forums!

You can call me: Don
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Kendra,
I'm assuming that the machine you have is an HM1. There is one motherboard and a number of other boards on the machine. The best bet is to get it to a DTG certified distributor or dealer so they can troubleshoot the whole electrical system. The ribbon cables on the HM1 can be a little tricky as their are so many of them. Either SWF East or Pantograms can provide this service for you east of the Mississippi.
When looking at buying a used printer from an individual (or a leasing company or bank for that matter) it is a really good idea to see the machine working prior to buying it and also to budget for a training/support contract with the origianl dealer/distributor.

Old March 11th, 2010 Mar 11, 2010 9:12:30 AM -   #6 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

thank you everybody! Stephanie, i can see ink going thru the lines. so i know that that part is working thru there. Don, yes the machine is an HM1. waht is the actual motherboard that is on there? I'm just not sure which one that is. Also when I did buy this machine from the individual, i did see the machine work. He did a test print for me. That is why i bought the machine in the first place. I have had the machine for about a year and a half now, and it worked great for a while. it has been just recent that it messed up on me. i am pretty much at the point that i can't find anyone to help me with this problem. thank you!

Old March 11th, 2010 Mar 11, 2010 11:36:19 AM -   #7 (permalink)
Former Member
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: Brian

Kendra did the head ribbon cables have burn marks on them?

Old March 11th, 2010 Mar 11, 2010 11:53:13 AM -   #8 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

sunnydayz's Avatar  - this member was voted Most Helpful Member during our Annual August Member Appreciation Month

You can call me: BobbieLee
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Thanked 1,638 Times in 1,068 Posts

Yep your machine only has one main board, the other boards are firmware and the like. The main board is in back where all the other boards connect into it. I would have a tech replace it for you, if you are not comfortable doing it. I had a tech do mine

Also have you flushed your printhead with anything since changing your cables? If so you could have gotten liquid on one of your cables and burned it out, like Brian said, look on the end of the cables for any brown or black burn marks, this will tell you if it is your cable.

Old March 11th, 2010 Mar 11, 2010 1:26:44 PM -   #9 (permalink)
Former Member
T-Shirt Master

What I was actually asking is did the original cables have the burn marks. Now that BobbieLee brought up the new one it would be good to know if either do. Also have you tried resetting the ribbon cables!

Old March 12th, 2010 Mar 12, 2010 9:47:37 AM -   #10 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Yes, one ribbon cable did have a burn mark on it at the print head. That is what I thought was my problem so I put in a new print head and ribbon cables. This is the second time this has burnt up. The first time I was just running head cleanings (10 in a row, won't do that again) because it was not printing right. after I finished I went to print and it did a head cleaning. I found the print head and cable was burnt. I replaced them and it ran fine for 6 months. Now this time I decieded to flush and clean the machine because it was not printing good. After flushing and refilling I tried to run a print and no ink came out. I checked the print head and it was burnt again. I overnighted new parts, put them in and the same thing happened.
Brian, what do you mean "reset the ribbon cables" and how do I reset the ribbon cables? Thanks

Old March 12th, 2010 Mar 12, 2010 10:00:25 AM -   #11 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Thanked 1,037 Times in 869 Posts

Kendra-

You can email me [email protected] or give me a call 813.333.2899.. I can help

Old March 12th, 2010 Mar 12, 2010 1:54:02 PM -   #12 (permalink)
Former Member
T-Shirt Master

If the new cable has burn marks it is most likely bad. What I meant by resetting is reseatting Take it out and put it back in and make sure it is in correctly.

Most of the burn marks on the cable come from liquid getting onto/into the cable at it attachment point and causing a short. What sometimes happens is when this shorts out it causes the fuse on the motherboard to blow and the are not replaceable on the original board! Some have repaired them themselves and Equipment Zone repairs them by placing a replacement fuse holder in place of the original fuses!

Old March 21st, 2010 Mar 21, 2010 11:22:00 AM -   #13 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Thanks for everyones help. We are now up and running again, for now. The problem was a blown fuse on the back side of the mother board (#f2). I had a friend put wires on fuses f1 and f2 and now I have a fuse I can change out. After going to the NNEP show in Dublin, Ohio and talking to SWF, we are getting rid of this machine and going to buy a new printer from 1 of 2 different companys we talked to (might just buy both). We just got the run around from SWF and they kept saying the problems are our fault because we did not buy this machine from them. I downloaded the manuel from them, watched thier videos on this machine but it is our fault? The sales rep also told that this is not the proper site for help, that we need to sign up at dtgforums.com for the correct help. Funny because we got great help here. Again I would like to thank everyone for the help. Kendra

Old March 21st, 2010 Mar 21, 2010 11:37:52 AM -   #14 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Thanked 1,037 Times in 869 Posts

Kendra-

I am so happy it worked out.. really before you buy need to check out https://www.belquettedirect.com/

We recently upgraded to their bag system and have seen these MODS in action and when we are ready to buy another machine this is what we are getting.

They are manufactures not distributors they make and produce the machines. They have great customer service. Their bag system is awesome. We printed over a hundred shirts this week with no problems.

Old March 29th, 2010 Mar 29, 2010 9:01:52 AM -   #15 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatKat Printz
Kendra-

You can email me [email protected] or give me a call 813.333.2899.. I can help
I got a new DTG Viper in December and have had a similar problem to Kendra's listed on this forum. The guys at SWF east are sending out a print head and dampers for me to replace. I was wondering if there could be any other issue. The problem started with one color not firing during test prints but by week end last week and a few phone calls with SWF the problem had grown to nothing printing at all. We tested the lines going into maintenance tank and eliminated the capping station as the problem. I have been down a week and have over 100 shirts due this week and need help. I do not want to do anything until I get the print head replaced. I do not want to mess up anything but could there be something else wrong or is the problem going to be fixed with replacing the head and dampers. I know so little about the machine but I keep up my daily maintenance religiously. Just saw you thought you could help Kendra and wondered if you had advice for me.

This is a discussion about DTG maintenance that was posted in the DTG Brand section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in