[DTG HM1] Solid error eject light - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > DTG Brand
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future DTG Brand garment printer owners.

[DTG HM1] Solid error eject light

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old December 30th, 2009 Dec 30, 2009 10:57:25 AM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Solid error eject light

So, the error eject button is on, solid red. Sometimes it'll start a print and get like 1/4 of the way done and stop.. and then it wont re do it.. I'm hoping it has to do with the solid error eject button but I cant find anything about a solid error eject button, only flashing..

Does anyone know what this means or how to fix it? I've emptied my waste in bottle, and the waste ink chips were just reset a week ago or so.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 30th, 2009 Dec 30, 2009 11:04:48 AM -   #2 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

sunnydayz's Avatar  - this member was voted Most Helpful Member during our Annual August Member Appreciation Month

You can call me: BobbieLee
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Thanked 1,638 Times in 1,068 Posts

Default Re: Solid error eject light

Hmm I have not seen a solid light either in over 2 1/2 years haha. Have you tried clearing the jobs out of the queue and restarting your machine? I would also try cleaning your encoder strip. Those would be my two guesses. First that there might be a print job stuck in the queue that is not clearing, and then second that the encoder strip might be dirty. Let me know if either of these work

Old December 30th, 2009 Dec 30, 2009 11:57:32 AM -   #3 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Harry
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Thanked 1,068 Times in 915 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessracer
So, the error eject button is on, solid red. Sometimes it'll start a print and get like 1/4 of the way done and stop.. and then it wont re do it.. I'm hoping it has to do with the solid error eject button but I cant find anything about a solid error eject button, only flashing..

Does anyone know what this means or how to fix it? I've emptied my waste in bottle, and the waste ink chips were just reset a week ago or so.

First try shutting off the printer and unplugging the power cord. Then unplug your usb cord and leave it unplugged. Plug the power cord back in and turn on the printer. If your error light goes away then chances are its a problem on your computer side.

Harry
Equipment Zone

Old December 31st, 2009 Dec 31, 2009 4:47:49 AM -   #4 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

is a forum sponsor who has contributed over 1000 helpful posts in the forums!

You can call me: Don
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Have you cleaned your encoder wheel and sensor?

Old January 3rd, 2010 Jan 3, 2010 10:16:38 PM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Hi-

So, I did everything that was mentioned above and it printed!

Printed several things, over a couple hour span, went to grab some ice cream and put the trash out.. came back to do a couple more trials and now it wont print at all?

Error Eject light is off now, I did what you guys said before, again and it didnt do anything. It'll do a head cleaning from the computer out of the adj program. But not a nozzle check from the epson program?

Everything is cleared out of my que, restarted the computer.. unplugged, cleaned the encoder strip.

It shows it's been rasterized in the que, and the machine shows its ready with no flashing lights.. everything looks fine but, clearly, its not.

Does anyone elses machine hate them this much too????

And, one more thing.. my white ink channels are still leaking massively.. I got the company i got the print head from to send me another one, but it wont be here for a couple of weeks. Do you think those channels could be delimited? (SP) It's not leaking out of the sides, just the face. I lowered the height of the bottle too. I had a clogged filter on the WIMS in there before, and switched it out to one that I had on a syringe (quick fix) and it seems to be flowing very very well.. too well. I'm thinking about ordering another one.. is it possible for a WIMS filter to not be clogged.. but.. more open inside allowing for too much flow too fast?

<bangs head against desk, yet again>

Anyone?

Last edited by princessracer; January 3rd, 2010 at 10:21 PM.. Reason: adding

Old January 3rd, 2010 Jan 3, 2010 10:28:13 PM -   #6 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

sunnydayz's Avatar  - this member was voted Most Helpful Member during our Annual August Member Appreciation Month

If you are not getting any blinking lights at all, then it sounds like the rip is not communicating to your printer hmmm, have you checked your usb connection? Because you should have a blinking red light on top once the file is read by the machine. It sounds like you may have an error with your rip program if it is not the cable. What I have done in this instance is uninstall the rip program, delete it and reinstall it. Before doing this though, since you have the newer version of the software, and I am not sure if it works the same, check first to see if you have to remove your validation or not, before uninstalling it so that you dont lose the validation. I myself have on occasion gotten an error in my rip where I have had to do a clean install, and it has always fixed it.

As far as your printhead I cant help you there as I do not have the circulation system or the same dampers as you. I have just the agitation system and the original dampers, which are different then the cartridge type you have. Where did you buy your printhead from? If it were delaminated, you would most likely have a mix of colors so it does not sound like that is happening. It almost sounds like for some reason there is some type of pressure that is allowing your ink to siphon out of the printhead. That too me sounds like it may be a machine issue, especially if it is the second printhead it has happened with. I have never had this happen on my machine. I wonder if it has to do with something in the circulation system on the machine.

Old January 4th, 2010 Jan 4, 2010 4:09:56 PM -   #7 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Hi- Thanks for the suggestions.. I'll come back to those..

I tossing and turning most of the night about this "pressure"

I'm taking it apart right now and taking pictures as I go.. maybe I'll fix it on the way.. but just in case, i'll post pictures so maybe someone will see something I dont.

Stephanie

Old January 5th, 2010 Jan 5, 2010 1:56:02 PM -   #8 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Okay! So, I think I made huge progress yesterday and it didnt leak last night when I was working on it.. I havent been down there yet today to check on it more.

Sunnydayz- It's doing strange things for printing.. I think you're right, there is some type of a communication error and it constantly has to be unplugged and reset..

It'll do one print, and then i'll try to print again and it'll only do a 1/4 of the print and stop and just about freeze.. and then it has to be reset again.

Do you think uninstalling the rip and reinstalling it would clear it?

Stephanie

Old January 5th, 2010 Jan 5, 2010 2:27:20 PM -   #9 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

I do think that may help, it has worked for me in the past. Now is it all files doing this or just one particular file? It sounds like it may be the way the files are queuing to the rip software though. I would try doing a clean install.

Old January 5th, 2010 Jan 5, 2010 2:47:20 PM -   #10 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

I got a new file last night, I had the same theory. I have one file I tried to print a couple of weeks ago, and it printed fine once, and then it did some funny 1/4 prints of the same file. It was working fine two nights ago and then I decided to test that file again, and it all went crazy. So, I'm going to stay away from that file lol

I'll try the clean install later this evening, thanks for the tip.

Stephanie

Old January 5th, 2010 Jan 5, 2010 3:52:06 PM -   #11 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You could have a computer issue also. If you have another computer you might want to try doing a RIP install on that one and see what happens when you print. If you only have your one computer then uninstalling and then reinstalling your RIP software is an excellent suggestion.

Harry
Equipment Zone

Old January 5th, 2010 Jan 5, 2010 3:55:35 PM -   #12 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You know.. I think I recently did an update on that computer.. maybe i'll uninstall that.

Old January 5th, 2010 Jan 5, 2010 3:58:18 PM -   #13 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

That could well be the cause of your issues.

Harry
Equipment Zone

This is a discussion about Solid error eject light that was posted in the DTG Brand section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in