The DTG BATTLE ROYALE (print off) is here! - Page 12 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > DTG BATTLE ROYALE
The ultimate Direct to Garment Printing showdown to find the best DTG operator in the world! More info at DTGBattleRoyale.com. Sponsored by T-ShirtForums, DecoNetwork and PrinterListings

The DTG BATTLE ROYALE (print off) is here!

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old April 26th, 2011 Apr 26, 2011 7:22:31 AM -   #166 (permalink)
HPS
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: The DTG BATTLE ROYALE (print off) is here!

Yeaahhh. Let me tell you something Mean Gene, me and Mizz Elizabeth are gonna wear that belt all around town.

Ha, thanks, my old boss used to do that impression, you would have thought it was really him, laughed my but off. I saw that belt and that voice just popped into my head. Thats pretty cool. I am pretty new to the game so I don't expect to be wearing that around but I would be happy being Mr. Congenialety in this case.

Don't believe Ricky Bobby's dad, if your not first your last. Remember he was high when he said that.(Taladegha Nights-sp?)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 26th, 2011 Apr 26, 2011 12:43:35 PM -   #167 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: David
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Who won?

Old April 26th, 2011 Apr 26, 2011 2:05:56 PM -   #168 (permalink)
Administrator
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Rodney
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Thanked 6,029 Times in 3,228 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by acetransco
Who won?
That still remains to be seen

Should have the results soon though.

After I take the "before" photos today, I can start the wash tests.

Old April 26th, 2011 Apr 26, 2011 4:46:55 PM -   #169 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Billy
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Great looking belt! Very professional! Also wondering what the rest of that caddy looks like. Is that a '66? Nice!

Old April 26th, 2011 Apr 26, 2011 5:57:03 PM -   #170 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Justin
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

The Macho Man says you can pry the belt from his cold, dead fingers.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Justin Walker For This Useful Post:
allamerican (April 27th, 2011), chobay (April 26th, 2011), Rodney (April 26th, 2011), spiderx1 (April 26th, 2011), sunnydayz (April 28th, 2011), veedub3 (May 1st, 2011)
Old April 26th, 2011 Apr 26, 2011 5:59:32 PM -   #171 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

Haha, sweet PS job..

Old April 27th, 2011 Apr 27, 2011 1:35:33 PM -   #172 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: John
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Eagerly awaiting results! I'm ready to boycott work until the preliminary results are in!

Old April 27th, 2011 Apr 27, 2011 3:17:46 PM -   #173 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Justin
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Hey Rodney did you get those pictures taken, yesterday? We're all eagerly waiting for some sort of comparison! I, for one, am curious to see how my print stacked up against the other entries... (regardless of who the final winner ends up being, once all factors are considered)

Old April 27th, 2011 Apr 27, 2011 3:22:34 PM -   #174 (permalink)
Administrator
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

I got the first half of pictures taken yesterday and I'll take the second half tomorrow.

On Friday I'll create a new thread for each entry in this DTG Battle Royale section of the forum with the photos in the initial post.

Each entry will be given 10 points each for the 5 different rating factors (for a total 50 points max):

First Impressions - is the print "display ready" without pretreat stains and heat press squares

Sharpness of Detail in the print

Softness of hand on the print

Print accuracy - (registration, trapping, no banding, even ink distribution)

Washability - how does the print hold up after the initial wash?

Then over the weekend and next week I'll do the wash tests so I can give the final ratings.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rodney For This Useful Post:
BML Builder (April 28th, 2011), sunnydayz (April 28th, 2011)
Old April 28th, 2011 Apr 28, 2011 6:40:22 PM -   #175 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Keith
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Unhappy Re: The DTG BATTLE ROYALE (print off) is here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodney
I got the first half of pictures taken yesterday and I'll take the second half tomorrow.

Then over the weekend and next week I'll do the wash tests so I can give the final ratings.
I am so confused! I think there may be something awry with this process. I have received sample prints from the top 4 DTG manufacturers, and within a week of receiving them had washed at least 15 to 19 times. Can you please shed some light on why your process is taking so long? You posted two weeks ago the same words that you are saying here. ???

Old April 28th, 2011 Apr 28, 2011 6:50:46 PM -   #176 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithK
I am so confused! I think there may be something awry with this process. I have received sample prints from the top 4 DTG manufacturers, and within a week of receiving them had washed at least 15 to 19 times. Can you please shed some light on why your process is taking so long? You posted two weeks ago the same words that you are saying here. ???
Did you take front and back pics of your sample prints? Did you rate them accordingly? Rodney is a busy guy, be patient. There are reputations on the line here! (Not to mention that cool belt)..:-)

Old April 28th, 2011 Apr 28, 2011 7:05:48 PM -   #177 (permalink)
Administrator
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
I'm not sure what you mean by "awry"? Can you explain?

I'm not just receiving the prints and throwing them in the washing machine several times

Each t-shirt entry is carefully reviewed, several detailed photographs are taken, I take notes on the different rating factors, keep the entries organized for the wash test phase, etc.

All this while I also try to keep the forum running smoothly (answering emails, reported posts, keeping out spam, answering PMs).

Add to that my life outside of this forum (taking my kids to school, making lunches, spending time with my family, etc), it just doesn't happen overnight.

I apologize for any delays in the process.

I'm definitely not trying to extend things any longer than they need to be

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rodney For This Useful Post:
german13 (April 28th, 2011), quickflicks (April 28th, 2011), sunnydayz (April 28th, 2011), veedub3 (May 1st, 2011)
Old April 28th, 2011 Apr 28, 2011 7:57:23 PM -   #178 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

sunnydayz's Avatar  - this member was voted Most Helpful Member during our Annual August Member Appreciation Month

You can call me: BobbieLee
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Thanked 1,638 Times in 1,068 Posts

@justin LOL that is a great pic hehe.

@KeithK, Rodney is a very busy guy and its good he takes his time instead of just hurrying through this. At least you know he took a serious amount of time to determine all factors, and is putting forth a great effort to be as fair as possible.

If you have been here for a while, you will see that any competition there is a process that takes time He does an awesome job at what he does, and that is why this forum is so popular, because it is run like a fine machine

Old April 28th, 2011 Apr 28, 2011 8:00:23 PM -   #179 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

splathead's Avatar  - this member was voted Most Helpful Member during our Annual August Member Appreciation Month

You can call me: Joe
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Thanked 2,502 Times in 2,220 Posts

Quote:
Geez Keith. You got a dog in this hunt?

Old April 30th, 2011 Apr 30, 2011 9:19:25 AM -   #180 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Keith
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

[quote=Rodney;902189]I'm not sure what you mean by "awry"? Can you explain?

(awry) away from the expected or proper direction; amiss;

I know you put a lot of energy into this site Rodney.
I do not post here much because I have not purchased a DTG yet. I have used this forum to narrow my selection. I saw your post two weeks ago saying you were taking pictures that day. Then I read your post a few days ago that reads the same thing I am a busy guy too but would volunteer to send someone in to take pictures or even help myself. I just feel that we are being led along tooooo much here. I know there is a lot of information to gather and document in order to judge fair. It would just be nice to see some pictures (of the contest shirts) at least. Any information on the progress of this I’m sure would be appreciated by most following this contest.

This is a discussion about The DTG BATTLE ROYALE (print off) is here! that was posted in the DTG BATTLE ROYALE section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in