[DIY DTG] DIYDTG MCU PLC velicio.net - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > DIY DTG
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for those do it yourselfers who are working on building their own DTG machine.

[DIY DTG] DIYDTG MCU PLC velicio.net

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old June 27th, 2018 Jun 27, 2018 5:45:21 PM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up DIYDTG MCU PLC velicio.net

Ran across this site on a diydtg forum, heard many whispers about the use of this PLC for a diydtg controller (velocio.net). Has anyone built on this platform here yet? I was surprised at how cheap it is 49 bucks with stepper motion control. Any of you more technically advanced can share or get something going on this? One person was suggesting it takes encoder pulses as step and direction sent to the Toshiba tb6600 driver from the plc- which the step is set in the free plc software like a cnc machine. A new direction that i will be watching for sure.

Ace | Velocio.net

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 1st, 2018 Jul 1, 2018 6:53:40 AM -   #2 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Default Re: DIYDTG MCU PLC velicio.net

Nothing here yet on this? Must be relatively new yet for dtg inception. Keeping my eyes peeled since this was revealed then deleted in a fb group post. They have probably realized the monetizing aspect of this product for dtg, ordering mine to start tinkering. Seems arduino is a big platform for diy but this velocio product would make it super simple for anyone who understands the printer build.

Old July 1st, 2018 Jul 1, 2018 11:04:41 AM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Maybe I'm missing something but it appears you're replacing a $10 Arduino Uno for a $49 PLC.

I don't see the advantage.

Old July 1st, 2018 Jul 1, 2018 8:28:57 PM -   #4 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenDTG
Maybe I'm missing something but it appears you're replacing a $10 Arduino Uno for a $49 PLC.

I don't see the advantage.
To be completely honest im looking to sell complete dtg machines built on a professional non-bias supplier like this plc controller.

I have used a Chinese version in the past. I just cant bring myself to use a manufacturer anymore whose sole interest is to profit on dtg specific controllers (I have inquired with several -all small time developers) Cant have my supplier, selling complete units and competitors in my region. Territories etc. Bill doesn't want to do Bobs customer service (Bobs lazy and doesn't take care of his customers) because the dtg groups know i use the same control supplier, get where im coming from? I want a completely separate identity marketed on a commercial controller.

So, yass, there are many advantages particularly the free programming simplicity that velocio offers. The add on touch screens/hardware w/free software built on a professional system. (something i can sleep at night knowing its background)

I have read the horror stories, seen the infighting, and watched them come and go (even good ones to greed) It will be a universal plc controller for me to escape those barriers aforementioned when i make a full go, it will be far from dtg specific suppliers selling everything to everybody, anywhere they want.

Maybe your underestimating the volume of entrepreneurs whose true intention is to profit on a machine? They first visit the open source, diy communities to gather reconnaissance. It truly would be a great open source diy platform also. Im just trying to fish one of these out already running for recon myself.

Old September 2nd, 2018 Sep 2, 2018 8:19:49 AM -   #5 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

I can confirm velcio.net (plc) does work well with the diydtg epson based printers, especially after seeing a completed project work via Skype. This was built by a fellow diy guy who intends using it for profit also.

Im still looking at a few additional problems to solve myself with the print head sensor (pw) (im told i need to solder a resistor to hold a constant value on the p600) Along with eliminating the asf unit which is a constant pulsed value at this sensor. I do plan on using mine for profit also, but I did want to share here that it does work well after seeing it and for anyone else with printer knowledge this should be a slam dunk for you.

I also heard rumors floating around about a simple system that requires no proprietary board that is fully auto using off shelf components, currently waiting to get more detail on this system. Looks like those selling proprietary control boards like ufo etc have seen the best of their days, with new options it seems its certainly a death sentence for that business model.

Old September 2nd, 2018 Sep 2, 2018 11:32:55 AM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dataplus
I also heard rumors floating around about a simple system that requires no proprietary board that is fully auto using off shelf components, currently waiting to get more detail on this system. Looks like those selling proprietary control boards like ufo etc have seen the best of their days, with new options it seems its certainly a death sentence for that business model.
This info has been readily available for over 2 years now. OpenDTG has dozens of members using nothing more than a $10 Arduino Uno and a $15 TB6600 motor driver. No proprietary board needed.

Our proprietary boards are for ease and a clean install but from the very beginning we've always published how to do the same thing with off the shelf components found globally.

Old September 3rd, 2018 Sep 3, 2018 5:26:23 AM -   #7 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Quote:
This info has been readily available for over 2 years now. OpenDTG has dozens of members using nothing more than a $10 Arduino Uno and a $15 TB6600 motor driver. No proprietary board needed.

Our proprietary boards are for ease and a clean install but from the very beginning we've always published how to do the same thing with off the shelf components found globally.

I replied once but didn't go thru for some reason. Im trying to say this as nice as possible.

1). I don't believe your website is truly "opendtg" due to the fact that you advertise free code but also monetize with complete printers, proprietary boards, etc. with no free files. opendtg or free is "free open source in most peoples minds!"

2). You don't spend as much dedicated detail time with wiring instructions as you do with your paid portion. In my opinion and many others this is a classic bait and switch system.

3.) a person has told me they were banned from your website forum because they posted questions about other control methods like the velcio.net plc (even after paying a membership) This is not the attitude or actions of someone that is about open source or free dtg. That is the attitude of someone afraid of losing business. After your quick reactions here i see there is concern on your part.

you cant stop progression or other options of control method, can you please stop trying to plug yourself on this thread. "Im on a public diydtg forum"

Old September 4th, 2018 Sep 4, 2018 6:37:21 AM -   #8 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

1.) There are tons of files on our forum for members. Yes, I monetize the info, NOBODY is going to put in the amount of work and sharing that I have without having help to pay for it. Look how little info is given out in other places.. I decided I'd rather have it be a bigger and better source than it be 100% free.

2.) There is no need to dedicate more time to it. It has been clearly explained how to do it with pictures and info along with a pinout map of the Arduino Uno that matches the code.

3.) I've rarely deleted or blocked users on the forum. I don't mind info about other controllers, but I do mind people that are intentionally being argumentative without providing any contribution. You or anyone is welcome to post a full detailed How to on there about the velicio.

I'm not here to "plug" my forum. I'm here to correct your inaccurate statements. Saying nobody has info on using off the shelf components isn't true.

Progression and options is always a good thing.

Old September 4th, 2018 Sep 4, 2018 3:41:42 PM -   #9 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Quote:
1.) There are tons of files on our forum for members. Yes, I monetize the info, NOBODY is going to put in the amount of work and sharing that I have without having help to pay for it. Look how little info is given out in other places.. I decided I'd rather have it be a bigger and better source than it be 100% free.

2.) There is no need to dedicate more time to it. It has been clearly explained how to do it with pictures and info along with a pinout map of the Arduino Uno that matches the code.

3.) I've rarely deleted or blocked users on the forum. I don't mind info about other controllers, but I do mind people that are intentionally being argumentative without providing any contribution. You or anyone is welcome to post a full detailed How to on there about the velicio.

I'm not here to "plug" my forum. I'm here to correct your inaccurate statements. Saying nobody has info on using off the shelf components isn't true.

Progression and options is always a good thing.

Thats not the story that ranj was telling (i believe is his name) He said he posted a link of Velocio and poof he was deleted from your forum! No warnings about posting info on other options.

1.) I tend to believe him after i was recently given your history, you being the former owner of easy t printer before opendtg! I remember reading all the heartache of different people.

2.) People pay a membership to be who and do what they want on your forum. you think you have the right to censor that after taking money? Sounds shady as ....! Just look at the differences of opinion in this forum and with your history you never got deleted! You would have a serious problem if i paid money for membership and was ousted over petty stuff like "progression" Maybe you should rethink that and include guidelines about posting about other options.

3.) I never said "Saying nobody has info on using off the shelf components isn't true" I said that your stuff was not truly open source and you clarified that by agreeing you monetize everything under the original guise of "opendtg,free code!

So im not sure why you are here if you have your own monetized forum either! I pray this new business of yours goes better than the last, but a leopard cant change its spots, and history has shown that to be true. Im not interested in being a part of your forum considering the history of easy t, this guy getting deleted, and the fact you monetize everything after originally promoting free source! like i said that's a classic bait and switch, im good here and on Facebook. Frankly im tired of a few people trying to monopolize simple controls, hence my interest in velocio.

Good Day!

This is a discussion about DIYDTG MCU PLC velicio.net that was posted in the DIY DTG section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in